Office of the Dean Academics
Posted by The office of the Dean Academics
- Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering (SVCE) offers 10 courses each UG & PG programme.
- 10 Departments are recognized as research centers by the Anna University.
- SVCE has a rich tradition on the Academic front. Academic matters are given the utmost priority to up the standards it has set for itself over the years and in line with the ever-changing needs.
- The performances of the students in the University exams and college tests are reviewed and appropriate measures are discussed periodically and implemented.
- The college is one of the most sought-after engineering institutions in the state. It attracts students with vision, dynamism and possessing high academic record.
- The Institution consistently maintains high pass percentage of (over 85%) in the UG programmes and nearly 100% in the PG programmes for many years.
- Many of our students have been securing University ranks every Academic year.
- Excellence in Academic matters with conceptual understanding enables the students to secure job easily.
- Very high placement record achieved even during hard times.
- Central Library equipped with large collection of books in all fields of Science and Engineering.
- Subscriptions to most of the major technical journals, and to print & online journals.
- The Library is open for long duration (12 hours) on all working days and is open on Sundays also.
- All Departments have their own Department library also.
Modernization of Class rooms:
- All the Engineering Departments have SMART class rooms. All the class rooms in the college will be converted into SMART class rooms in a phased manner.
- Faculty undergo training to utilize the modern tools such a SMART class to its fullest extent.
- Symposium conducted every Academic year by all the Departments including placement cell.
- Organized by the students for their benefit under the guidance and supervision of faculty members.
- College supports the events by giving financial grant.
- Guest lecture/Symposia/Workshops conducted in the college are well attended by the faculty and students of other institutions also.
- Students are encouraged and supported for their participation in the events of technical importance conducted elsewhere.
Parent Teacher meeting:
- College conducts three Parent Teacher meetings every academic year: 2 in the odd semester i.e one each for the senior students (II, III & IV year) and one for 1st year students.
- The third meeting is conducted during the month of February (Even semester) for all the 4 year students. For the current year it is scheduled to be held on 16.02.2013.
- The event is very much appreciated by the parents and it is mutually beneficial.
Best Teacher Award:
- SVCE recognizes the contribution of its faculty members in all its endeavors.
- Every academic year one of its most eligible faculty members (Rank of Assistant Professor) is awarded the “Best Teacher” award.
- The awardee for this coveted award is selected through a well established selection procedure.
- As a mean to bridge the gaps in the level of knowledge of the first year students arising due to their different entry level modes into an Engineering college, SVCE conducts “orientation programme” for the freshers.
- The programme covers teaching/revision of school portions in the subjects where difficulties are faced frequently by the students.
- The programme is conducted over a period of 4 to 5 days before start of the academic programme. Some sessions are conducted as mentoring classes by the domain experts.
- Parents are very much appreciative of this programme.