Office of the Dean Educational Development
Dr K.S.BADRINATHAN, Ph.D
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering
Dean (Educational Development)
1. Appointed as Dean (Educational Development) with effect from 01.07.2013
- Various issues in submitting the application for Autonomous status to UGC have been put forth and discussed in the meetings held on 19.7.13 and 06.8.13
- As per the discussions, among committee members, a proposal has been submitted to Principal for approval to start with the submission of the application
- Initiatives have been taken to form various committees and the HODs were requested to support in providing the data.
2. As Nodal officer for AISHE 2011-12, the database for AISHE,2011-12 has been filled and uploaded in the web portal(http://aishe.gov.in) on 12.8.13. This is a dedicated web portal created by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), India.
3. Conducted a one day workshop on NPTEL(National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) in coordination with IIT Madras on 10.08.2013
- It is a NPTEL awareness and course specific workshop conducted for faculties.
- Contents for more than 1000 courses being developed in Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities and Management.
- Course contents supplemented with quizzes, self-evaluation, assignments, lecture, handouts and FAQS
- Advanced tent search, text of videos and subtitles and videos are being enabled.
4. A proposal has been submitted to set up a child care centre for the welfare of the staff.