NEWS OF THE MONTH
Dr.S.Premnath, Associate Professor, Automobile Engineering Department Organized a Training Programme on Diesel Engine Management systems along with BOSCH Ltd at BOSCH Training Centre, Chennai. Fifteen students from Automobile engineering and ten students from Mechanical Engineering participated in the Programme
Five Day Faculty Development Programme on "VEHICLE DYNAMICS using MATLAB" Organized by Dr. V. Ganesh, Associate Professor and Mr. R. Sakthivel, Assistant Professors during 27th to 01st December 2018 at Automobile Engineering Department, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur, Sriperumbudur, Chennai.
- The Association of Automobile Engineers (AAE) & SAE Collegiate Club of SVCE was inaugurated by Mr. E. Gunasekar, Deputy Senior Engineer, Delphi-TVS., Chennai for the Academic year 2018-19 held at Biotech Conference hall, SVCE on 17th September 2018. He also delivered a lecture on the topic "Careers In Automotive Industries".
- J Venkatesan, Professor and Head, Dean(Students’ Welfare), Dr.Ganesh, Professor and Mr. A. K Boobala Senthilraj, Assistant Professor, Department of Automobile Engineering filed a patent titled “Steady-state reciprocating air compressor model” on 13.06.2018, IPR, Chennai. (Through Institution - Application Number 201841022051).
- J Venkatesan, Professor and Head, Dean(Students’ Welfare) Organized International Conference on Automobile, Marine & Mechanical Engineering during 4th to 5th May, 2018, SCVE, Chennai.
- S. Premnath, Associate Professor and Mr.A.Balasubramanian, Assistant Professor Worked as an Organizing Secretary as well as the Programme coordinator for the International Conference ICAMME – 2018 Organized by SVCE May 4th & 5th.
- Dr. V. Ganesh, & Dr. S. Premnath, Associate Professor and Mr.A.Balasubramanian, Assistant Professor Worked as an Organizing Secretary as well as the Programme coordinator for the International Conference ICAMME- 2018 Organized by SVCE May 4th & 5th.
- The Association of Automobile Engineers (AAE) & SAE Collegiate Club of SVCE was validated Ramasubramanian M R – Executive Director, National Agro Foundation held at Video hall, SVCE on 26th March 2018. He also delivered a lecture on the topic “Farm Equipments”
Dr. Ramasubramanian M R – Executive Director, National Agro Foundation
- A guest lecture on the topic “E Vehicle ” was delivered by PRADEEP – General Manager - Vehicle Design in Research & Development, FORCE MOTORS LTD , Pune. held at Video hall on 21.03.2018 for our B.E - Automobile Engineering Students.
- A guest lecture on the topic “Ansys Software ” was delivered by Vinoth R Head Training, CADD Centre. held at Video hall on 7.03.2018 for our B.E - Automobile Engineering Students.
- The Team Traxion, the team comprised of 15 Automobile Engineering Students and 10 Mechanical Engineering Students have participated in BAJA SAEINDIA 2018 guided by Mr. A.K. Boobalasenthilraj, Assistant Professor, Automobile Engineering organized by SAEINDIA from 25.01.2018 to 28.01.2018 at NATRAX Facility of NATRiP in Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh.
- The team TRAXION, consisting of 15 Automobile Engineering & 10 Mechanical Engineering students have participated FORMULA BHARATH 2018, guided by Mr. R. Sakthivel Assistant Professors of Automobile Engineering, secured 20th Rank out of 63 teams shortlisted among 300 teams in the first level of competitions held at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu from 24.01.2018 to 28.01.2018.
- The students of III Year B.E. Automobile Engineering Mithun. S.R and Prasanna Venkatesh. Bhave received the Unique Idea Award in the competition TAFE INNOVISTA SEASON III, for their project titled "The Friction Finder" on 5th January 2018, awarded by TAFE Ltd., Chennai. Mentored by Mr. A.K. Boobalasenthilraj, Assistant Professor.
- The students of IV Year B.E. Automobile Engineering Sai bernard. Y and V. Sudarsan have received the Best Auto Solution Award 2018 in the competition TAFE INNOVISTA SEASON III, for their project titled "Design of intelligent fuel injection system for controlling wheel torque" on 5th January 2018, awarded by TAFE Ltd., Chennai. Mentored by Dr. V. Ganesh, Associate Professor.
- The students of B.E. Automobile Engineering (2013-17 Batch) Sakthish Charan P, Mr. Sai Krishna B, Mr. Chidambaram SP and Mr. Saravanan K have received the Innovative Student Project Award at Bachelor Level - 2017 for their project titled "Design of variable braking system using intelligent dual calipers"on 15th December 2017, awarded by Indian National Academy of Engineering, New Delhi, India. The mentor of the project work is Dr. V. Ganesh, Associate Professor, Department of Automobile Engineering.
- Anna University approved Seven Day Faculty Development and Training Programme on “ AT6603 - Two and Three wheeler” Organized by Dr. V. Ganesh, Associate Professor and Mr .A. K. Boobalasenthiraj, Assistant Professors during 27th to 05th November 2017 at Automobile Engineering Department, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur, Sriperumbudur, Chennai.
- Department of Automobile Engineering organized AICTE SPONSORED TWO WEEK FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME on “Theory and Performance Evaluation of Automotive Vehicle Subsystems Using Modern Tools and Equipment”. Co-ordinator : Dr.J.Venkatesan, Co- Coordinators: Dr.S.Premnath & Mr.J.Dhanabal
- V. Ganesan, Emeritus Professor, IITM, Chennai inaugurated the AICTE sponsored two week faculty development programme. Prof. Dr. M. Sivanandham, Secretary, Sri Venkateswara Educational and Health Trust, delivered the presidential address and Prof. Dr. S. Ganesh Vaidyanathan, Principal, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, delivered special address in the inaugural function. 68 Participants registered for the programme.
Dr. V. Ganesan, Emeritus Professor, IITM, inaugurated the programme.
The Valedictory of FDP on 21st November 2017 and it was facilitated by Mr. R. Krishna Prasad, Deputy General Manager, Gates Unitta India Company Pvt. Ltd. Chennai
Photo session after completion of the Valedictory Function with all the Participants.
- T. SASIKUMAR, MANAGING PARTNER, SRV ENGINEERING, Chennai inaugurated the Symposium TRAXION 2017 & AUTO EXPO held at Video hall, SVCE on 23rd September 2017 and delivered a lecture on the topic “Manufacturing Process of Automotive Components” for the students. The various events conducted on the occasion include Paper Pitch, Brain Drain, Pit Stop, Head Start, AUTO EXPO, Spot Events and Demonstration of Mini projects by Second year B.E-Automobile Engineering students of SVCE. About 400 Students from various engineering colleges spread across the state of Tamil Nadu participated in the event.
- The Valedictory of Symposium TRAXION 2017 was presided over by Dr. K. Bhaskar, Professor & Head, Dept. of Automobile Engineering, REC held at Video hall, SVCE on 23rd September 2017. He distributed the prizes to the winners of the various events conducted and delivered a lecture on the topic “End of Life of Vehicle – Indian Scenario” for the students.
- PhD Supervisor Status - S. Premnath, Associate Professor Obtained Ph.D Supervisor status from Anna University, Chennai in the month of August 2017.
- "The newly installed Chassis Dynamometer by M/s.ATS solution Pvt.Ltd., Pune in the Automobile Engineering laboratory was inaugurated on 28.07.2017 "
- S.Premnath, Assistant Professor, Department of Automobile Engineering Successfully defended his Thesis and awarded PhD degree in the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at M.I.T, Anna University Chennai.
- The Valedictory function of The Association of Automobile Engineers (AAE) & SAE Collegiate Club of SVCE was presided over by R. Muthucumaraswamy, Dean - Research & Professor/HoD, Dept. of Applied Mathematics for the Academic year 2016-17 held at Video hall, SVCE on 4th April 2017 and he also spoke about Application of Mathematics in Automobile Engineering.
- A Gunabalan, Deputy General Manager – R&D, Turbo Energy Pvt. Ltd., Chennai delivered a guest lecture on the topic “Turbocharging of IC Engines” held at Video hall on 25.03.2017 for our B.E - Automobile Engineering Students.
- A guest lecture on the topic “Passenger Car brake systems” was delivered by B. Vijayarasu, Manager – R&D, Mando Automotive India Pvt. Ltd. held at Video hall on 4.02.2017 for our B.E - Automobile Engineering Students.