|Areas of Interest||Biochemistry, Immunology, Immunotechnology, Genetic Engineering, Molecular Biology|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)|
PhD – Madras University,Cancer Institute, Madras,India, “Radioimmunolocalization of a murine lymphoma” July 1987
MSc – Madras University, India – Biochemistry,Fermentation Technology, July 1980
BSc – Madras University, India – Chemistry , July 1978.
BEd – Madurai University, India – Physical Science 1982.
Research Associate – Mt. Sinai Medical Center,Miami Beach, FL, Immunotherapy,1989-1991
PDF – University of Connecticut ,Health Center, Farmington, CT , Cellular Immunology & Molecular Biology, 1987-89.
Senior Research Fellow – Cancer Institute Madras, India, Immunology, 1985-87.
Junior Research Fellow, Cancer Institute, Immunology, 1982-85
Certification Course on Animal Care and Use, Columbia University, New York, 1992
Recombinant Techniques and Application, ATCC, Rockville, MD 1994
Certificate in Fluorescence Spectroscopy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 1997
Certificate in Information Management, 1998 New York University, New York, NY, 1998
Certificate in Good Manufacturing Practice for Laboratories, GMP Institute, Cincinnati, OH, 1999.
Webmaster Certification, Queens College, NY, 2000
Certificate in QA/QC Systems, Parenteral Drug Association, Baltimore, MD 2001.
- Principal Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, India
Teaching and Research & Administration (2012 – 2014)
- Professor & Head,Department of Biotechnology,Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, India Teaching and Research & Administration (2006-2012)
- Professor & Head, Department of Biotechnology , Head GCT, Anna University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India Teaching and Research & Administration (2002-2006)
- Director,cGMP Laboratory, Curevac/St. Vincents, New York, NY,USA
Production of recombinant virus vaccines and melanoma vaccines (1998-2002)
- Program Director, Surgical Research Laboratory, St. Vincent’s Hospital, New York, NY USA
(Teaching and Research, Laboratory Administration 1997-2002)
- Research Manager, Department of Surgery, St. Vincent’s Hospital, New York, USA
Teaching and research; Immunology & cancer vaccines (1991-1997)
- Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, NY Med. College, Valhalla , USA
Immunology Research (1998-2002)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery NY Med. College, Valhalla, USA
Immunology Research (1992-1998)
- DirectorSurgical electives, New York Medical College, Valhalla, USA
Tumor Immunology (1991-2002)
- Lecturer, Junior College, India – Chemistry (1980-82)
- Biochemist(Quality control), Chemtech Chennai,India – Manufactures blood products (human IgG, Albumin, antibodies),1980
- Scientific Director, Curevax LLC,Flemington, NJ, USA, Manufactures vaccines, 1996
- Genetic Engineering
- Molecular Biology
- Project Planning
- Communication and technical skills
- Method of making dendritic cell-based melanoma vaccine USA 2006.
Received research grant for Modernisation and Removal of Obsolescence of Bioprocess and Downstream Processing Lab by All India Council for Technical Education for the sanctioned amount of Rs.18 Lakhs (2013-2014)
Recognized Supervisor for Ph.D and MS (by Research) students, Anna University, Chennai.
- 1. Udayachander, M., Meenakshi, A., Muthiah, R and Sivanandham, M. Tumor targeting potential of liposomes conjugating Ga-67 and antibody to Dalton’s lymphoma associated antigen (anti-DLAA). Int. J. Rad Oncol. Biol. Physics. 13:1713-1719, 1987.
- 2. Udayachander, M., Meenakshi, A and Sivanandham, M. Tumor imaging of Dalton’s lymphoma using antibody Desferal-Ga-67 complex. Int. J. Rad. Oncol. Biol. Physics. 16:731-736, 1989.
- 3. Mukherji, B., Amala Guha, Chakraborthy, N. G., Sivanandham, M., Nishad, A., and Ergin, M.T. Clonal analysis of cytotoxic and regulatory T cell responses against human melanoma. J. Exp. Med. 169(6):1961-1976, 1989.
- 4. Sivanandham, M and Mukherji, B. Functionally different HTLV I infected T cell lines with same phenotype derived from a patient with melanoma. Immunol. Lett. 23:149-154, 1989.
- 5. Mukherji, B., Chakravorthy, N.G. and Sivanandham, M. T cell clones that react against autologous tumor. Immunological Rev. 116:33-62, 1990.
- 6.Chakravorthy, N.G., Twardzik, D.R., Sivanandham, M Ergin, M.T., Hellstorm, K.E. and Mukherji, B. Autologous melanoma-induced activation of regulatory T cells that suppress the cytotoxic response. J. Immunol. 145: 2359-2364, 1990.
- 7.Sivanandham, M., Mukherji, B., Chakravorty, N. G and Robbins, J.A. Clonal expansion of T cell following in vitro stimulation of autologous melanoma cells and interleukin-2. Studied by molecular analysis of T cell receptor. Immunol. Lett. 28: 155-160, 1991.
- 8. Sivanandham, M., Scoggin, S. D., Sperry, R. G., and Wallack, M. K. Prospects for gene therapy and lymphokine therapy for metastatic melanoma. Ann. Plas. Surg. 28:311-314, 1992.
- 9. Scoggin, D. S., Sivanandham, M., Sperry, R. and Wallack, M. K. Active specific adjuvant immunotherapy with vaccinia melanoma oncolysate. Ann. Plas. Surg. 28:196-198, 1992.
- 10. Wallack, M. K., Scoggin, S. D. and Sivanandham, M. Active specific immunotherapy with vaccinia melanoma oncolysate. Mount Sinai J. Med. 59:227-233, 1992.
- 11. Wallack, M. K. and Sivanandham, M. Clinical trials of VMO for melanoma. Ann. N Y Acad. Sci. July 1993.
- 12. Sivanandham, M., Scoggin, S. D., Sperry, R. G. and Wallack, M. K. Therapeutic effect of oncolysate prepared with the Interleukin-2 gene encoded vaccinia virus: study with the C-C36 murine colon hepatic metastases model. Cancer Immunol. Immunother. 38:259-264, 1994
- 13. Tanaka, N., Sivanandham, M. and Wallack, M.K. Active specific immunotherapy of vaccinia colon oncolysate prepared with IL-2 gene encoded vaccinia virus in combination with interferon alpha in a syngeneic murine colon adenocarcinoma. J. Immunotherapy 16:283-293, 1994
- 14. Sivanandham, M. and Wallack, M.K. Clinical application of viral oncolysates. In: DeVita, V.T., Hellman, S., and Rosenberg, S.A. (Ed), 2nd edition, Biological Therapy of Cancer, Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, 1994
- 15. Sivanandham, M., Tanaka, N., and Wallack, M.K. Cytokine encoded recombinant vaccinia virus in the active specific immunotherapy of cancers. Proceedings of the XVI International Cancer Congress, p 505-509, New Delhi, India, 1994.
- 16. Tanaka, N. Sivanandham, M and Wallack, M.K. Role of interferon- (IFN- ) in the active specific immunotherapy of vaccinia colon oncolysate plus IFN- . Surg. Forum, XLV: 527-529, 1994.
- 17. Sivanandham, M. and Wallack, M. K. Immunology, serum markers, and immunotherapy of mammary cancer, p 581-595 In: Donegan W L. and Spratt J. S. (Ed): Cancer of the breast. Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders company, 1995
- 18. Wallack, M.K., Sivanandham, M., Balch C., Urist, M., Bland, K.I., Murray, D., Daley, J.M., Robinson, W.A., Flaherty, L., Richards, J.M., Bartolucci, A.A. and Rosen, L. A phase III randomized, double-blind, multi-institutional trial of vaccinia melanoma oncolysate (VMO) active specific immunotherapy for patients with stage II (UICC) melanoma. Cancer, 75:34-42, 1995
- 19. Wallack, M.K., Sivanandham, M., Kristen, D., Whooley, B. and Bartolucci, A. Favorable clinical responses in subsets of patients from a randomized multi-institutional melanoma vaccine trial. Annals of Surgical Oncology 3(2): 110-117, 1996
- 20. Herlyn D, Pereira S, Maruyama H, Van Belle P, Sivanandham M, Wallack M, Elder D, and Siegel D. Identification of tumor antigens using antibody phage display. IBC Biomedical Library Series Antibody Engineering: New Technologies, Applications and Commercialization” p90-102, 1996.
- 21. Pereira S, Van Belle P, Elder D, Maruyama H, Jacob L, Sivanandham M, Wallack M, Siegel D, and Herlyn D. Combinatorial antibodies against human malignant melanoma. Hybridoma 16:11-16, 1997.
- 22. Wallack, M.K., Sivanandham, M., Kristen, D.,Balch C., Urist, M., Bland, K.I., Murray, D.,Daley, J.M., Robinson, W.A., Flaherty, L., Richards, J.M., Bartolucci, A.A. and Rosen, L. Increased Survival of Patients Treated with a Vaccinia Melanoma Oncolysate Vaccine: Second Interim Analysis of Data from a Phase III, Multi-institutional Trial. Annals of Surgery 226:198-206, 1997.
- 23. Shaw, P.M., Sivanandham, M., Ditaranto, K., Wallack, M.K. Adjuvant immunotherapy for patients with melanoma of the head and neck. Head and Neck:19: 595-603, 1997.
- 24.Sivanandham, M., Shaw P., Ditaranto, K. and Wallack, MK. Active specific immunotherapy with vaccinia melanoma oncolysates for patients with melanoma – An overview. Vaccine Research 5(4): 15-232, 1996
- 25. Sivanandham, M., Shaw, P.M., Bernik, S,F., Ditaranto, K., Bernstein, C., Wallack, M.K., Paoletti, E. Colon Adenocarcinoma Cells Infected with B7.1 Gene Encoding Replication Deficient Vaccinia Virus (NYVAC-B7) Induced Anti-tumor Immunity in Syngeneic Mice. Cancer Immunol Immunother 46:261-267, 1998.
- 26. Wallack MK, Sivanandham M, Balch CM, Urist MM, Bland KI, Murray D, Robinson WA, Flaherty L, Richard JM, Bartolucci AA, and Rosen L. Surgical adjuvant active specific immunotherapy for patients with stage III melanoma: The final analysis of data from a phase III, randomized, double-blind, multi-center vaccinia melanoma oncolysate trial. J Am Coll Surg. 187: 69-79, 1998.
- 27. YuFang Yang, Sivanandham M, Nahal A, and Wallack MK. Dendritic cells pulsed with vaccinia virus augmented colon tumor cell lysate therapy increased the survival of mice bearing CC-36 colon tumor. Surgical Forum Volume XI:256-257, 1999.
- 28. Sivanandham, M, Stavropoulus, CI and Wallack, MK. Whole cell and lysate vaccines. In: DeVita, V.T., Hellman, S., and Rosenberg, S.A. (Ed), 3nd edition, Biological Therapy of Cancer, Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, 2000
- 29. Strvropoulus CI, Sivanandham M, and Wallack MK. Active specific immunotherapy for Melanoma Commentary. In: Silberman, H (Ed) Difficult problems in surgery. Wiely Press, Philadelphia, 2000
- 30. Kim EM, Sivanandham M, Strvropoulus CI and Wallack MK. An overview analysis of adjuvant immunotherapy for melanoma. Journal Surgical Oncology (2001) 10: 53-59.
- 31. Sivanandham M, Strvropoulus CI, Kim EM, Mancke B, and Wallack MK. Flt-3 ligand gene-transduced CC-36 cells plus interleukin-2 therapy increased the survival of mice bearing syngeneic tumor. Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy (2002) 51:63-71.
- 32. Sivanandham M, Kim EM, and Wallack MK. Experimental Melanoma Vaccine. Idrugs. (2002) 5(2): 159-170.
- 33. Kim EM, Sivanandham M, and Wallack MK. Commentary – Viruses for therapeutic agents for cancer. Oncology (In Press)
- 34. Kim EM, Sivanandham M, Strvropoulus CI, Brain M, and Wallack MK.Flt-3 ligand gene-transduced xenogeneic cells plus interleukin-2 therapy increased the survival of mice bearing syngeneic CC-36 colon tumor. J Surg. Res.108(1):148-56, 2002.
- 35. Sivanandham, M. Kim EM, and Wallack, M. K. Immunology, Serum Markers, and Immunotherapy of Mammary Cancer. p 581-595 In: Donegan W L. and Spratt J. S. (Ed): Cancer of the breast. 3rd Edition. Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders Company, 2002
- 36. Sivanandham M, Jayanthi S, and Vani V. Overview on Edible Vaccines. Proc. Natl. Sem. GM Crops, Pp53-57, Sep 2002, DBT-KASC, Coimbatore, India
- 37. Ramakrishnan V, Vani V, Jayanthi S, and Sivanandham M. Review of Genetically-Modified Medicinal Plants. Proc. Natl. Sem. GM Crops Pp58-60, Sep 2002, DBT-KASC, Coimbatore, India
- 38. Sivanandham M. Grant Writing, Intellectual Property Rights, and Research Ethics. p 54-60. Proc. Emerging Trends in Engineering and Science Orientation Program for Researchers, May 19th June 1st, 2003, Government College of Technology, Coimbatore, India
- 39. Sivanandham M and Vani V. Prospects of Edible Vaccines. Advanced Biotechnology II(8):17-23, 2004
- 40. Sivanandham M. Intellectual Property Rights and Research Ethics. p 54-60. Proc. Emerging Trends in Engineering and Science – Orientation Program for Researchers, Government College of Technology, Coimbatore, India,2005
- 41. Sivanandham M. Prospects of Dendritic Cell Vaccine, Proceedings of the International Conference on the Current Trends in Biotechnology, Barath Institute of Higher Learning, Deemed University, Chennai January 2006
- 42. Manickam A, Sivanandham M, Tourkova IL Immunological role of dendritic cells in cervical cancer.Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007; 601:155-62.
- 43. N.Karpagam, Dr. M.Sivanandham and Mr. R. S. Anand A Review on plant extracts used in cancer treatment, Herbal Tech Industry, April 2009.
- 44. Dr.Sivanandham Muthukumaran published paper on Biomimetic materials in regenerative medicine International Journal of contemporary science, Engineering and Technology Vol. 1 (1- 2), 1-3, 2010
- 45. Vemula Vani and Dr. Sivanandham Muthukumaran published paper on Synthesis and Characterization of N- Benzhydryl benzamide. Asian Journal of Chemistry. Vol 23(5), 2165- 2168, 2011
- 46. Alagar Manickam and Prof. Sivanandham Muthukumaran published a paper on �Mycobacterium bovis BCG and purified protein derivative- induced reduction in the CD80 Expression and the Antigen up-take Function of Dendritic Cells from Patients with Cervical Cancer�. European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 01-05, July 2011.
- 47. S. Sivagami, M. Yogalakshmi, M. Sivanandham published abstract entitiled on Study on CD40L mimetic molecules on Dendritic cells in The Indian Journal of Genetics and Molecular Research. ISSN 2319-4782,Vol:1, No:1,2012.
- In addition, more than 75 presentations in meetings and conferences.
Honors and Awards
- Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR), India, 1982
- Cancer Institute Research Fellowship, India, 1983
- Junior Research Fellowship, (DST) Department of Science and Technology, India 1984
- Senior Research Fellowship DST, India, 1986
- BRSG award, Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, USA 1989-90
- BRSG award, Mt. Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, 1990-91
- Invited Speaker, Society for Obstructive and Gynecology Meeting on Cancer Vaccines, Boon, Germany, October, 1995
- Who’s Who in the East 1996 Edition, USA
- Preparation of second-generation melanoma vaccine. Co-principal Investigator, National Immunotherapy Foundation, awarded $100,000 (97-2000).
- Appreciation award for ten years of service in cancer research, Saint Vincent’s Hospital/New York Medical College, New York, NY July, 1999.
- Development of a cGMP Facility, National Immunotherapy Foundation, awarded $400,000, 1999
- Founding member, Curevac, Inc. R&D Company, 1999-present.
- Consultant, Dek-Tek, New Orleans, LA 1994
- Collaborator, Dr. Dorothee Herlyn, Department of Biology, Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 1994-1997
- Collaborator, Dr. William Wunner, Department of Biotechnology, Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 1998-1999.
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board, Curevax Inc., Flemington, NJ 1999-present.
- Member of the Editorial Board, American Journal of Chinese Medicine 2000-
- Visiting Faculty – Milford Molecular Biology Institute, Milford, PA 2002-
- Appreciation award for fourteen years of Cancer Vaccine Research, Saint Vincent’s Hospital/New York Medical College, New York, NY July, 2002
- Chairman, Academic Council for Biotechnology, Autonomous Government College of Technology, Coimbatore, India 2002-2006
- Chairman, Biotechnology Board of Studies, Autonomous Government College of Technology, Coimbatore, India 2002-2006
- Chairman, Biotechnology Board of Examiners, Government College of Technology, Coimbatore, India 2002-2006
- President, Biotechnology Forum, GCT, Coimbatore, 2002-2006
- Editor, Biotechorum Newsletter of the Association for Biotechnologist, Coimbatore, 2002-
- AICTE nominated member of Faculty Hiring Committee for Biotechnology, Southern Region, 2002.
- Member, Faculty Hiring Committee, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, 2002-
- AICTE Expert member for Biotechnology, Chennai Region, 2003
- Chief Superintendent of Examinations, GCT, Coimbatore May 2003, Nov 2003
- Founding member of the Association of Biotechnologists”, Coimbatore, Coimbatore, 2003
- Joint Secretary “Association of Biotechnologists”, Coimbatore, 2003-2006
- Member, Technology Board of Studies, Anna University, Chennai, 2003-2006
- Member, Doctoral Committee, Anna University, Chennai, 2003
- Organizing Chairman, Current Trends in Bioinformatics, GCT – Funded by Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi – Coimbatore, 2004. Awarded Rs 35,000 from the Department of Biotechnology, 2003
- Invited Lecture on Immunotherapy, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore on September 5, 2002.
- Ethics Committee of Government College of Technology, Coimbatore, 2002-
- Guest Speaker ” Symposium on Biotechnology in health science, PSG Tech, Coimbatore on February 14, 2003.
- Member, Faculty Hiring Committee, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore, 2003-
- Invited talk “Modern Biotechnology. Scientific & Humanities Association Meeting”, Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on January 30, 2003.
- Invited talk ” Role of Biotechnology in Cancer Therapy”. Prince Shri Venkateswara Arts & Science College, Chennai on February 15, 2003.
- Chief Guest, Biotechnology Association inaugural function. K.S.R.S.T Science & Technology, Thiruchengodu on March 7, 2003.
- Guest Speaker “Medical Biotechnology. Conference on -Genes & Dreams”, Karpagam Arts & Science College, Coimbatore on August 8, 2003.
- Invited Lecture ” Biotechnology. G.R.Damodharan College of Science, Coimbatore on October 7, 2003.
- Examiner, Alagappa University, Karaikudy, 2003-
- Examiner, Avinasilingam Deemed University, Coimbatore, 2003
- Examiner, Tamil Nadu Agricultural Univeristy, Coimbatore, 2003
- Expert Reviewer of the papers for the Proceedings of the ISTE 33rd Annual Convention, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore on December 27, 2003.
- Guest Lecture � Cellular Biotechnology. Refreshment course on Biotechnology, UGC Academic Staff College, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore on January 29, 2004.
- Chairman � Biochemical Technology Session. National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Science & Technology, Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore January 30 & 31, 2004.
- Chief Guest � Scientist 2K4. Banariamman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Erode on February 18, 2004.
- Chief Guest � AICTE-ISTE sponsored STTP- Green Manufacturing Technology. Bannariamman Institute of Technology, Erode on March 29, 2004.
- Organizing Co-ordinator, AICTE-ISTE-sponsored two weeks STTP on Genetic Engineering, May 16-29, 2004 Awarded Rs 125,000 from the AICTE-ISTE 2004
- Member, Academic Council, Barath Institute of Higher Learning, Deemed University, Chennai, 2004-2006
- Expert member, Bioinformatics Program, Tamil Nadu Agricultural Univeristy, Coimbatore, 2004- 2006
- Member, Question Paper Review Committee, Anna University, Chennai, 2005-2006
- Chief Guest of the Valedictory function of the Two Days Seminar on Bioinformatics, Kovi Kalaimagal Arts and Science College, Coimbatore, January 10, 2005
- TEQIP funds for the Department of Biotechnology GCT, Coimbatore, Rs. 12 million, March 2005
- Tamil Nadu Government Biotechnology Building Fund under my mentorship, 80 lakhs March 2005
- Organizing Chairman, Biotechnology for the 21st Century, Coimbatore, February 11, 2005
- Organizing Chairman, One-month Workshop on Bioinformatics, May 2-31, 2005
- Member, Faculty Hiring Committee, KSR College of Engineering, Thiruchengodu, 2005
- Guest Speaker, Department of Civil Engineering-organized STTP-sponsored by TEQIP, 2005
- Guest speaker, Academic Staff College, Barathidasan University, Tiruchy, November 2005
- Guest Speaker, PSG College of Arts and Science, Recent Trends in Immunology, October 2005
- Expert member of the Biotechnology Course Committee, Barathidasan University, January 2006
- Expert member, Course Committee, Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore, January 2006
- Organizing Chairman, Diamond Jubilee Celebration of the Department of Biotechnology, GCT with GD Naidu Memorial Oration, funded by the GD Naidu Charities; Oration was given by Prof. MS Swaminathan, Agricultural Scientist, January 2006
- Guest Speaker, International Conference on the Current Trends in Biotechnology, Barath Institute of Higher Learning, Deemed University, Chennai January 2006
- Moderator, Bionanotechnology, International conference on nanotechnology, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, June 2006
- Chief Guest, SVCE Mathematics Forum, August 2006
- Member, Diploma in Biotechnology – Curriculum Development Committee, Department of Technical Education, Chennai-25, 2007
- Member, Board of Studies, Kalasalingam University, Srivilliputtur, Tamil Nadu., 2007
- Chief Guest, Chemical Engineering Association & The Student Chapter of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, August 2007
- Invited Speaker, The Entrepreneurship Development Cell, SVCE, August 2007
- Invited Speaker, Academic Staff College, University of Madras, 22nd November 2007
- Invited Speaker, Department of Biotechnology, IIT, Chennai, 28th November 2007
- Chairman, PG Question paper Board, Barathier University, Coimbatore, December 2007
- Invited Speaker, Nehru College, Coimbatore, January 2008
- Member, Board of Studies in Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Karaikudi 2008.
- Member, Staff Council, SVCE, Chennai 2006-
- Member Research Committee, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, 2008
- Member, Governing Council, SPIC Science Foundation, Chennai 2008
- Guest Speaker, Meeting in the Entrepreneurship Skill Development Cell, SVCE, March 2008
- Co-ordinator, Workshop on developing entrepreneurship skills in Biotechnology for students and their parents -, funded rs. 12,000 by the Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology. March 10, 2008
- Co-ordinator, National Conference on Biomaterial Sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Rs 80,000 New Delhi, 18th July 2008
- Chairman, Biochemistry Session, Society for Biological Chemist, ITT-M, 2008 India
- Professor in-charge of Medical Centre, SVCE 2008-
- Organizing Secretary, International Conference on Modern Trends in Materials Technology, January 19-20, 2009
- Co-ordinator, Workshop on Recent Trends in Industrial Bioprocesses, 10-12 September, 2009
- Member, Doctoral Committee, VIT University, Vellore 2009
- Member, Biotechnology Board of Studies, Bharath University, Seliyur, Chennai, 2009
- Member, Outstanding Committee for Graduate program in nano science, Chettinad University, Chennai 2009
- Member, Canteen committee, SVCE, 2009-
- Co-ordinator, “National workshop on real-time PCR for the diagnosis of diseases and molecular evaluation” Funded by Eppendorf, Chennai Rs. 25,000 on February 16th and 17th, 2010
- Member, Doctoral Committee, VIT University, Vellore, 2010
- Member, Technology Board of Studies, Anna University, Chennai 2010
- American Association for Cancer Research, 1990-2002
- American Association for Advancement of Science, 1991-2003.
- American Association of Animal Sciences, 1991-present.
- New York Academy of Science 1994-2002.
- Society for Biological Therapy, 1992-2003
- International Society for Vaccines, 1997-present.
- American Chemical Society, 1999-2002.
- Parenteral Drug Association, 2001 – 2002
- Founding Member, Association for Biotechnologist, Coimbatore, 2002-
- Member, Coimbatore productivity council 2006
- Committee Membership:
- Institutional animal research and use committee, St. Vincents Hospital, NY USA 1991-2002.
- Institutional animal facility committee St. Vincents Hospital, NY USA 1992-2002.
- Institutional research committee St. Vincents Hospital, NY USA 1992-1999.
- Medical Faculty, St. Vincents Hospital, New York, NY 1992-2002.
- Genetically Modified Organisms-Safety Review Committee, TNAU, Coimbatore, 2004-2006