|Name||Dr. N. Nachiappan|
|Areas of Interest||Electro Chemistry, Batteries, Hydrogen Energy, Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell & Electro Inorganic Chemicals.|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)|
Ph.D. (Fuel Cells) – Alagappa University, Karaikudi – 2014
M.Sc. (Chemistry) – Alagappa University, Karaikudi – 2000
B.Sc. (Chemistry) – Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai – 1995
Life Member – ISTE
Assistant Professor(01.04.2011) – Till date)
Department of Applied Chemistry
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering
Pennalur, SRiperumbudhur – 602105.
Junior Scientist (01-08-2002 – 31-03-2011)
Spic Science Foundation, Chennai
Project Associate (01-01-2001 – 31-07-2002)
Project Associate (01-07-1998 – 31-10-2000)
Shift Incharge/Chemist(01-10-1995 – 30-06-1998)
Aranthangi Chemicals Private Limited
Engineering Chemistry-I & II
Physics Chemistry Laboratory
Technical Analysis Laboratory
Physical Chemistry (CH 16303)
Physical Chemistry Laboratory (CH 16312)
Environmental Science Engineering
1. Dr. P.K. Nagarajan Vice Principal, Rajalakshmi Institute of Technology has approached me (Dr. N. Nachiappan) to carry out PEM related R&D activities towards for their student’s academic project cost of 11,000/-
2. Member of the project “Development and Evaluation of Fuel cell stacks for Transport application” funded by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Govt. of India. Funds sanctioned Rs. 54.31 L, 2007-2010.
3. Member of the project “Development of 10 kW fuel cell stack, operating on reformate hydrogen” funded by IICT, Hyderabad. Funds sanctioned. Rs. 49.51 L, 2007-10.
4. Member of the project “Development of PEM methanol electrolyser for the production of 1m3/hour hydrogen”, funded by MNRE, Govt. of India. Funds sanctioned. Rs. 25.56 L, 2008-2009.
5. Member of the project”Development of Hydrogen/Oxygen PEM Fuel cell Hardware, accessories & Test station, for BITS Pilani, Goa campus, Rs. 2.60 L, 2009.
6. Member of the project: ” Development of 200W Fuel cell stack and accessories for, IIT-Roorkee, Rs.1.72 L, 2006-2007.
7. Member of the project: Development of 200W Fuel cell stack and accessories for Military college, Secunderabad : Rs. 1.80 L, 2006-2007.
8. Member of the project “Development of integrated 1kW PEM Fuel cell system for CMERI, CSIR, Durgapur, Rs. 4.86 L, 2006-2007.
9. Member of the project, “Regenerative Fuel Cell for Space application” funded by ISRO, Govt. of India. Rs. 45.22 L, 2004-2006.
10.Member of MNRE project “Field trial of 3kW PEM Fuel cell based UPS system for stationary applications” Rs. 70 L, 2004-2005.
11. Project Associate of CSIR project” Development of High power density lithium ion Batteries for stationary application” Rs 90 L, 2001-2003.
12 . Project Associate of CSIR project” Development of Electrochemical Preparation of Di Nitrogen Pentoxide [DNPO] Funded by ISRO” Rs 30 L, 1998-2000.
1. Influence of methanol impurity in hydrogen on PEM FC performance
N.Nachiappan, G. Paruthimal Kalaignan and G. Sasikumar
Ionics, published in online on 14th July 2012.
2. Effect of nitrogen and carbon dioxide as fuel impurities on PEM fuel cell performances
N.Nachiappan, G. Paruthimal Kalaignan and G. Sasikumar
Ionics, published in online on 13th May 2012.
3.”Aqueous methanol electrolysis using proton conducting membrane for hydrogen production” G.Sasikumar, Muthumeenal, Sundar Pethaiah, N.Nachiappan and Balaji
International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 33, 5905-5910 (2008).
C) List of Students Projects Guided
1. Studies on Humidification for Membrane based Fuel Cells, B.Tech Students Project, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Chennai (2009).
2. Bi-cycle Powered by Fuel Cell-Battery Electric Hybrid ,. B.Tech Students Project, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Chennai (2011).
3. Effect of operating Parameters in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell performance, M.Sc Students Project, V.O.C College, Tuticorin (2008).
4. Effect of Methanol in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell performance, M.Sc Students Project, V.O.C College, Tuticorin (2008).
5. Corrosion inhibition of iron in acid Environment, M.Sc Students Project, V.O.C College, Tuticorin (2008).
- Participating in the webinar on “MOOC for Educators – Transition to E-Learning” organised by Department of Physics, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
- Attended webinar on ‘CO-PO Attainment Computation and Outcomes Analysis’ Organized by Inpods Ed-tech on May 30 th 2020.
- Participated in a course on “X-ray powder diffraction – Theory and Applications” during 14th to 18th May 2018 under the Quality Improvement Programme of AICTE, New Delhi conducted by Centre for Continuing Education, Indian Institute of Science, Bangaluru.
- Delivered an Invited Talk in the 3rd National Seminar on “Advanced Oxidation Processes” held at Bharathidasan Institute of Technology (BIT Campus), Anna University, Tiruchirappalli during 17th to 19th December 2017.
- Participated in Prof. T. Raju felicitation seminar on Chromatographic Technique Organized by Department of Analyticl Chemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, 29th June 2017.
- Participated in a short term course on Physical Chemistry under the Quality Improvement Programme of All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi conducted during 26th to 30th December 2016.
- Presented a paper in the 12th Annual Session of National Students Chemical Engineering Congress, SCHEMCON 2016, organized by Student Chapter of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChe), Hyderabad, Department of Chemical Engineering, B.V.Raju Institute of Technology, Narsapur, Greater Hyderabad, 10th & 11th September 2016.
- Faculty Development Programme on “Green Chemistry – Frontiers and Challenges” conducted by NIT Calicut from 17th to 21st June 2013.
- Contemporary Research and Practices in Pollutant Elimination Systems Towards Cleaner Environment conducted by Department of Chemical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Srieprumbudur from 20th to 26th May 2013.
- National Workshop on “Role of Nanomaterials in Science and Engineering” organized by Department of Science and Humanities (CHEMISTRY), M K College of Engineering & Technology, R.S.M. Nagar, Puduvoyal on 03.12.2012.
- National Level Conference on “Recent Advances in Textile and Electrochemical Science (RATES) -2012” organized by Department of Industrial Chemistry, Alagappa University, Karaikudi during 22nd & 23rd March 2012 resented a paper entitled “Studies on carbon monoxide as fuel impurity on PEM FC performance” N.Nachiappan, G. Paruthimal Kalaignan and G. Sasikumar
- National Seminar on “Research and Consultancy Services” held on 30.12.2011, Kalasalingam University, Krishnan Koil.
- National Level Technical Seminar on “Recent Trends In Process Control Modelling & Simulation” 28 & 29.07.2011, Department of Chemical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering.
- The Electrochemical Production of Dintrogen Pentoxide N.S. Raghavendran, G. Balachandran and N. Nachiappan, Presented at National Symposium on Electro Chemistry in Aerospace SEAS-98, held at ISRO Satellite Center, Bangalore, India. During 20-21 Nov. 1998.
- Electrochemical synthesis of Dintrogen Pentoxide N.S.Raghavendran,G.Balachandran, N.Nachiappan,K.Manickam,V.Rengarajan, S.Pushpavanam Presented on Seventh International Symposium on advances in Electrochemical Science & Technology, held at Chennai, India. on 27-29 Nov. 2002.
- The effect of carbon dioxide as fuel impurity on PEM Fuel Cell Performance N.Nachiappan, G. Paruthimal Kalaignan, G.Sasikumar National Conference on Recent Advances in Textile and Electrochemical Sciences : RATES-2009 at Alagappa University, Karaikudi, India on Nov. 2009.
- International Conference on advances in Chemistry with specific reference to catalysis, sensors, drug delivery and energy materials. Conducted by Dept of Physical Chemistry University of Madras, Chennai, entitled “Studies of various …… fuel cell perfomance” held on 9th and 10th January 2020.