|Name||Dr. S. PREMNATH|
|Areas of Interest||Automotive Pollution Control Automotive chassis Automotive engines Strength of Materials|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Recognized as a supervisor from ANNA University, Chennai
Ph.D – Mechanical Engineering – Anna University – 2017
M.E – Automobile Engineering – 2004 – Anna Univeristy, Chennai
B.E – Mechanical Engineering – 1999 – Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
- Associate Professor from 01-11-2017 to til date, Department of Automobile Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur.
- Assistant Professor from 01-06-2010 to 30-10-2017, Department of Automobile Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur.
- Senior Lecturer 01-01-2008 to 31-05-2010, Department of Automobile Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur.
- Lecturer 05-07-2006 to 31-05-2008, Department of Automobile Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur.
- Senior Lecturer 16-06-2004 to 06-06-2006, Department of Automobile Engineering, Sriram Engineering College, Perumalpattu.
- Lecturer 11-06-2001 to 14-06-2004, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Thangavelu Engineering College, Chennai.
- Lecturer 01-06-2000 to 31-05-2001, Department of Mechanical Engineering, P.A.M.Elizabeth Thomas Engineering College, Ponneri.
Theory Subject Handling
- Strength of Materials
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
Theory Subjects Handled
- Principles of Management
- Mechanics of Solids
- Automotive Transmission
- Automotive chassis
- Automotive engines
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Total Quality management
- Engineering metrology and measurements
- Engineering graphics
- Engineering economics and cost analysis
- Automotive pollution and control
- Automobile Engineering
- Vehicle and Engine Management System
- Strength of Materials
- Engineering Graphics
- Engine Performance and Emission Testing Laboratory
- Automotive Chassis components laboratory
- Vehicle Maintenance and Reconditioning Laboratory
- Two & Three wheeler Laboratory
- Automotive Chassis components laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Vehicle Maintenance Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Laboratory
- Premnath S, P Sakthish Charan, V Anirudh & A K Boobalasenthilraj, 2017, ” Effect of injector nozzle on the performance, emission and combustion characteristics of single cylinder four stroke diesel engine”, International Journal of Advanced Research Methodology in Engineering & Technology, Volume 1, Issue 2, ISBN 978-1-63535-889-6.
- Premnath, S & Devaradjane, G 2016, “Optimization of combustion chamber along with injection parameters for jatropha biodiesel blends in a single cylinder diesel engine using grade analysis and ANOVA”. Oxidation Communications Book 3, vol. 39, no.2, pp. 2618-2629, ISSN : 0209-4541 (Annexure II). IF-0.5
- Premnath, S & Devaradjane, G 2016, “A Simulation study of airflow in different types of combustion chambers for a single cylinder diesel engine”, Thermal Science, Vol.20, no.4, pp. S1145-S1151, ISSN : 0354-9836 (Annexure I). IF-0.94.
- Premnath, S & Devaradjane, G 2015,”Improving the performance and emission characteristics of a single cylinder diesel engine having reentrant combustion chamber using diesel and jatropha methyl esters”, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, ELSEVIER Publications, vol. 121, pp. 10-15, ISSN: 0147-6513 (Annexure I). IF-3.13.
- Premnath, S & Devaradjane, G 2015,”Experimental Investigation of a Single Cylinder Diesel Engine with a Re-Entrant Chamber Using Diesel and Biodiesel Blends”, International Journal of Energy, Environment, and Economics, vol.23, no. 1, pp.159-167, ISSN : 1054-853X (Annexure II).
- Premnath, S & Devaradjane, G 2015, “Effect Of Re-entrant Combustion Chamber On Single Cylinder Direct Injection Four Stroke Diesel Engine”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER) in the special issue 2015, vol. 10, no. 8, pp.6088-6092, ISSN : 0973-9769 (Annexure II).
- Premnath, S & Shanmuganandam, K, Venkata Ramanan, M, Anichai, J, 2015, ‘Tar Mitigation In Biomass Gasifiers Using Nano-Structured Ni/Sio2 Catalyst: An Experimental Study’, Progress in Industrial Ecology, An International Journal, Vol. 9, No. 2, 2015.
- Premnath, S, Devaradjane, G, Krishna, A K Vishaal, Sudhan, R, 2015, ‘Experimental Investigation Of A Single Cylinder Diesel Engine With A Re-Entrant Chamber Using Diesel And Biodiesel Blend’, International Journal of Energy, Environment and Economics, 23.1, 159-167.
- Premnath, S ,Karthick D.and Dwarakesh R. “Combustion & Emission characteristics of Jatropha blend as a Bio-diesel for CI engines with variation of Compression rati”,International Review of Applied Engg. Research.,Volume 4,No.1 ,pp. 39-46(2014.
- Dr. S.Premnath Presented a Technical Paper titled Engine modifications for single cylinder four stroke diesel engine using jatropha methyl esters in ICAMME 2018 at SVCE.
- Premnath, S, Sakthicharan & Anirudh (IV Yr Auto) presented a paper “Effect of Injector nozzle on the performance, emission and Combustion characteristics of Single Cylinder Four stroke Diesel Engine” in international Conference (RAET 17) on Recent Advancements in Engineering and Technology-2017, Banglore on 12th January 2017.
- Premnath, S, Devaradjane, G & Shanmugasundaram, P 2015, “A Simulation Study of Air Flow in Different Types Of Combustion Chambers for a Single Cylinder Diesel Engine”, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering Proceedings of ICAME-2015, vol. 1, pp 269-273.
- Premnath, S & Devaradjane, G 2014, “Effect of injection pressures on the performance, emission and combustion characteristics of the diesel engine in the reentrant combustion chamber using diesel and jatropha methyl esters”, International Conference on green technologies pollution prevention and control (ICGTEPC-2014). Proceedings code No. L 281 pp. 175-176.
- Premnath, S, & Devaradjane, G 2013, “Effect of combustion chamber geometry on the performance, emission and combustion characteristics of a single cylinder DI diesel engine”, 4th Nirma University International Conference on Engineering (NUICONE 2013) Proceedings ID.385.
- S.Premnath ,G.Devaradjane “Experimental Investigation of a Single Cylinder Diesel Engine with a Re-Entrant Chamber Using Diesel and Biodiesel Blends” proceedings of National Conference on evolution of green energy and vehicle technology 2K 15. (NCEGEVT 2K 15) Proceedings.
- S.Premnath , .G.Devaradjane “Effect of combustion chamber geometry on performance and emissions in diesel and biodiesel blend” in the All India seminar on Emerging trends and future perspective in Automobile industry June 2012) by The institution of engineers (India) Proceedings.
- During my research activity, successfully commissioned the complete set-up of Single cylinder four stroke Diesel engine coupled with electrical dynamometer with all necessary AVL instruments and accessories in the year 2012. The experimental facility generated the revenue of amount 8 lakhs (till now). The experimental set-up is utilized by research scholars from Anna University and other universities.
- Also acting as an additional coordinator in the Automotive Research cell.
- Worked as an Organizing Secretary as well as the Programme coordinator for the International Conference ICAMME – 2018 Organized by SVCE. Also chaired the session in the Automobile Engineering Stream in ICAMME 2018 at SVCE.
- Department of Automobile Engineering organized AICTE SPONSORED TWO WEEK FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME on “Theory and Performance Evaluation of Automotive Vehicle Subsystems Using Modern Tools and Equipment” by Dr.J.Venkatesan, Dr.S.Premnath & Mr.J.Dhanabal
- Organized a National level technical workshop on “RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN AUTOMOTIVE POWERTRAIN” held at SVCE on 13th May 2016.
- Organized a National level technical Conference on “Evolution of Green Energy and Vehicle Technology” (NCEGEVT 2K15) held at SVCE, on 02 & 03, March 2015.
- Organized the Three days Training programme on “Fuel Injection systems” conducted by BOSCH on 21st, 22nd and 23rd April 2014.
- Conducted the three week Entrepreneurship & skill Development Programme on “REPAIR & MAINTENANCE OF AUTOMOTIVE VEHICLES” organized by EDC, SVCE from 20-11-2013 to 10-12-2013.
- Organized a Two day National level technical workshop on “Under the roof of the cylinder head” at Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Chennai. (September 23-24) 2010.
FDP / Workshops Attended
- Attended a Faculty Development and Training Program on “Automotive Air – Conditioning” during 25th Nonember to 30th November 2019 at Automobile Engineering Department, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur, Sriperumbudur, Chennai.
- Attended a Faculty Development and Training Program on “Engineering Thermodynamics” during 31st May 2019 to 06th June 2019 at Automobile Engineering Department, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur, Sriperumbudur, Chennai.
- Participated and Received Certificate in CADD Aspire Programme Conducted CAAD Centre at Mirth Banquet Hall , Annanagar,Chennai-40.
- Attended a Faculty Development and Training Program on on Vehicle Design Data Characteristics from 1st June to 8th June 2018 at M.I.T Campus, Anna University, Chennai.
- Attended a workshop on Academic and Administrative Audit (AAA) on 19/04/18,10.30 A.M at QMC Hall, SVCE
- Attended a Faculty Development and Training Program on AT6603-Two and Three Wheelers during 27th Nonember to 05th December 2017 at Automobile Engineering Department, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur, Sriperumbudur, Chennai.
- Presented a Paper Titled Optimization of Combustion chamber along with Injection parameters for a single cylinder diesel engine using grade analysis and Annova and secured the I Place in Faculty Research Day 2017.
- Attended two days Faculty Development program on Strength of Materials using COMSOL Multiphysics 04th &05th November 2016, Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Thandalam, Chennai.
- Mr. S. Premnath, Asst. Professor attended a training programme in ISO 9001:2015 INTERNAL AUDITOR TRAINING held in SVCE between 17th & 18th December 2015.
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme on “ME 2354 AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING” One week. 01.12.14 to 07.12.14 at MIT conducted by Department of Automobile Engineering.
- Mr. Premnath S. attended the Three days Training programme on “FUEL INJECTION SYSTEMS” CONDUCTED BY BOSCH on 21st, 22nd and 23rd April 2014. The programme was conducted in SVCE and the BOSCH Training centre, Vandaloor.
- Attended the AICTE sponsored seminar on “Automotive Electronics and Electronic Engine Management” from 20th to 22nd Mar’14, conducted by Department of Automobile Engineering, Rajalakshmi Engg. College.
- Attended the One day workshop on “Research Methodology” at MIT Anna University, conducted by Department of Automobile Engineering.
- Mr.S.Premnath, Asst.Prof attended a one day workshop on “Quality Improvement Cell” on 20th December 2013 at Saveetha Engineering College,Thandalam.
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme on DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS AND OPTIMIZATION TECHNIQUES organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, SVCE from 16-12-2013 to 21-12-2013.
- Attended the One day workshop on “Recent trends on Emission control in IC Engines” 25th Mar’13 at svce conducted by Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Attended the “National workshop on “IC Engines & Alternate fuels” on 8th Feb’13 at Sathyabama University, Department of Automobile Engineering.
- Attended the AICTE Faculty Development Programme on “Contemporary Research and Practices in Pollutant Elimination Systems towards Cleaner Environment” 20.5.13 to 26.5.13 at SVCE conducted by Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Attended One Day Programme on RESEARCH METHODOLOGY held on May 2, 2012 at Anand Institute of Higher Technology.
- Participated in the Two days National Level workshop on ADVANCED ENGINERING OPTIMIZATION & MODELLING USING MATLAB & SCILAB held on 29th & 30th November 2012.
- Attended the Faculty Development Programme on “ME-2204 FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY” One week from. 01.06.11 to 08.06.11 conducted by Department of Automobile Engineering. at MIT, Anna University.
- Participated in the special Course on AUTOMOTIVE EXHAUST SYSTEM & NVH conducted by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, SVCE from 23rd to 30th July 2011.
- Participated in the Two days National Level workshop on RECENT TRENDS AND DEVELOPMENTS IN ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND ALTERNATE FUELS held on 22nd & 23rd March 2010.
- Internal auditor training programme by IRQS August 2009.
- Participated in Two day National level workshop titled STATE OF ART IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF BIOFUELS on 12th & 13th February -2009, organized by Biofuel Research cell, SVCE.
- Attended five days Programme on Instructional design and delivery systems by NITTTR, Tharamani at SVCE May 2009.
- Attended two days seminar on RECENT TRENDS IN AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONICS conducted by KCG College of technology 8th & 9th April 2009.
- Attended One day workshop on FUEL CELL AND ITS APPLICATIONS conducted by SRM university 27th February 2008.
- aculty Advisor-II Year
- Class Committee Chairperson – IV year
- Associate Coordinator – Automotive Research Cell
- ISO Coordinator
- IQAC Coordinator
- NAAC Coordinator
- Skill Development Coordinator
- Research Objective Coordinator
- Engine Testing Lab Incharge
- AMC Member
- PMC- II Year
- Module Coordinator for Design Engineering
- Technology Transfer Coordinator