|Name||Dr. Sudhakar K Bharatan|
|Areas of Interest||Semiconductor device fabrication
Inorganic Solar cells, Optoelectronics, and Flexible electronics
Molecular Beam Epitaxy and RF Sputtering
Integrated circuit fabrication
|Email Id (Official)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Email Id (Personal)|
Ph.D in 2009 from North Carolina A and T State University
M.S in 2003 from North Carolina A and T State University
B.E in 2000 from Satyabahama Engineering College
* Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SVCE, present
* Associate Professor, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SVCE, 2012- 2016
* Research Associate, North Carolina A&T State University, 2009-2012
* Research Assistant, North Carolina A&T State University, 2003-2009
1. Fundamentals of Nanoscience
2. Application of MEMS Technology
3. Electromagnetic Theory
4. Digital Logic Circuits
5. Electromagnetic Field Computation and Modeling
6. Solid State Devices
7. Thin film tech- Device fabrication
8. Compound semiconductor materials / devices
9. Advanced solid state theory
10. Semiconductor materials & device characterization
11. Discrete Time Systems and Signal Processing
12. Advanced Power Semiconductor Devices
13. Microelectronic Circuits
14. Nanotechnology and Prototyping
1.Semiconductor material synthesis and device fabrication
2.Inorganic Solar cells
4.Molecular Beam Epitaxy
Currently guiding 5 Ph.D scholars.
Intramural research programme, project title, “Fabrication of opto electronic, solar cell and flexible electronic devices by RF sputtering”
1.Member of Institution of Engineers
2.American Physical Society (2014-15)
3.American Vacuum Society (2014-15)
4.Materials Research Society (2004)
1. Shivadharshini A, Snekha SL, Vignesh V, KR. Santha, Sasikala M, Sudhakar Bharatan, Design and fabrication of miniaturized DC-DC converter on silicon substrate, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2023, ISSN 2214-7853, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2023.02.308.
2. Rishi Kumar.D, Yuvakishore K, VigneshP, Sasikala Muthusamy, Sudhakar Bharatan, Modeling and simulation of Ga2O3 thin film solar blind UV photodetector, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2023, ISSN 2214-7853, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2023.03.060.
3. Dr. Sudhakar K B, Ms. Anitha S, Mr.M.Ranjith Kumar, “Modeling and Simulation of a Si/ZnO based Heterojunction Photodetector, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2023, ISSN 2214-7853, Article in Press.
4. S Sinthamani, M Ranjithkumar, Sudhakar K Bharatan, S Anitha, Sudharsanam S, Sasikala M. Optical characterization of RF sputtered copper oxide for thin film solar cell applications. Mater. Today Proc. 2022; 59: 814–818.
5. Sudharsanam Subramaniyam, Sasikala Muthusamy and Sudhakar K Bharatan, 2022, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 2312, 012057, DOI 10.1088/1742-6596/2312/1/012057.
6. Jinoish & Sudhakar, K.B 2015, “A Transformer-Less Single Input Multiple output DC-DC Converter” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.10 no.6 pp.5506-5511.
7. Vaishnavii, S & Sudhakar K Bharatan 2014, “Parallel multi level three phase voltage source inverters using three limb coupled inductors”, in IEEE International Conference on Green Computing, Communication and Electrical Engineering, Dr. N.G.P. Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, pp.1-6.
8. Nimai C. Patra, Sudhakar Bharatan, Jia Li, Michael Tilton and Shanthi Iyer, “Annealing Studies of Heteroepitaxial InSbN on GaAs grown by Molecular Beam Epitaxy for Long-wavelength Infrared Detectors”, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 112, Page: 083107; (2012).
9. Nimai C. Patra, Sudhakar Bharatan, Jia Li, Michael Tilton and Shanthi Iyer, “Molecular beam epitaxial growth and characterization of InSb1- xNx on GaAs for long wavelength infrared applications”, Journal of Applied Physics 111, 083104 (2012).
10. S. Bharatan, S. Iyer, J. Li, T. Rawdanowicz and L. Reynolds, “A Study of MBE Grown InGaAsSbN/GaSb Single Quantum Wells”, J Vac. Sci. Technol.B, 29, 03C112-(1-6) (2011).
11. Shanthi Iyer, Kalyan Nunna, Sudhakar Bharatan and Jia Li, “Molecular Beam Epitaxial Growth and Characteristics of Dilute Nitride Quantum Well Heterostructures”, Proceedings of International Conference on Composites for 21st Century Current & Future Trends, ICC-CFT 2011 Proceedings, 2011
12. S. Bharatan, S. Iyer, K. Matney, W. J. Collis, K. Nunna, J. Reppert, A. M. Rao, “The Effects of Annealing on the Structural, Optical and Vibrational Properties of Lattice-Matched GaAsSbN/GaAs Grown by Molecular Beam Epitaxy”, J. Appl. Phys., 102, 023503 (2007).
13. K. Nunna, S. Iyer, L. Wu, J. Li, S. Bharatan, X. Wei, R.T. Senger, K.K. Bajaj, “Nitrogen Incorporation and optical studies of GaAsSbN/GaAs single quantum wells heterostructures’, J. Appl. Phys., 102, 053106 (2007).
14. S. Bharatan, S. Iyer, K. Matney, W. J. Collis, K. Nunna, J. Li, L. Wu, K. McGuire, “Growth and Properties of Lattice Matched GaAsSbN Epilayer on GaAs for Solar Cell Applications”, MRS Symposium EE proceedings, Paper #0891-EE10-36, (2005).
15. J. Li, S. Iyer, S. Bharatan, L. Wu, K. Nunna, W. Collis, K. Bajaj, K. Matney, G. Duscher, “Annealing Effects on the Temperature Dependence of the Photoluminescence of GaAsSbN Single Quantum Wells”, J. Appl. Phys. 98, 013703(1)-(6) (2005).
16. L. Wu, S. Iyer, K. Nunna, J. Li, S. Bharatan, W. Collis, K. Matney, “MBE Growth and Properties of GaAsSbN/GaAs Single Quantum Wells”, J. Crystal Growth, 279, 293 302 (2005).
17. Liangjin Wu, Shanthi Iyer, Kalyan Nunna, Sudhakar Bharatan, Jia Li, and Ward J. Collis, “Influence of Growth Parameters and Annealing on Properties of MBE Grown GaAsSbN SQWs”, presented at Materials Research Symposium J18.34, 2005 Spring Meeting, San Francisco, CA. Mar. 28, 2005, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. J18.34 (2005)
18. Liangjin Wu, Shanthi Iyer, Kalyan Nunna, Jia Li, Sudhakar Bharatan, Ward Collis, and Kevin Matney, “MBE Growth Study of GaAsSbN/GaAs Single Quantum Wells” Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 799, Z1.9.1 (2004).
Over 30 Oral and poster presentations in International Conferences such as Electronic Materials Conference, Materials Research Society Meetings, North American Conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy, and ASM/MRS-NC Meetings, and in NASA Glenn Research Center, Clevelend, Ohio.
*ATAL FDP on “Recent Advances in Photonics”, BITS, Pilani (Online mode), 25/11/2021 to 29/11/2021.
*NIRF Workshop for Leaders, ICT Academy, 5th November, 2020.
*Poster presentation, “Interdiscplinary Nano Research Centre at SVCE”, Micro and Nano Fabrication and Characterization Symposium (MNFACS), IISc, Bengaluru, July 11, 12, 2019.
*2019 EPICS Purdue University and EPICS in IEEE Workshop, 22 July 2019, Chennai, India.
*Five days short term course “Solar Energy systems” (under QIP of AICTE), IISc, Bengaluru, 1.7.19 to 5.7.2019.
*Training on Clean room, fabrication, and characterization tools facility in Shared Materials and Instrumentation Facility (SMIF), Duke University, USA.
*Workshop on Helium Ion Microscopy at Joint School of Nanoescience and Nanoengineering,Greensboro, USA.
*NanoInk Inc.: Workshop on Tip-based patterning for Nano Engineering 2011, Greensboro, USA.
*International Workshop on Electronic Materials Technology, Anna University, Chennai, 2014
*Short course Program on Modeling, Simulation and Characterization of Nano Transistors, 26th to 30th Oct. 2015, IIT Kanpur.
*FDP on Expectations and Future of IT Industry, 22nd Oct 2016, Chennai.
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS (Last 5 years)
1. Ms. Anitha S, Dr. Sudhakar K B, Mr.M.Ranjith Kumar, “Modeling and Simulation of a Si/ZnO based Heterojunction Photodetector,” ICRAMM 2022, 8th December, 2022.
2. Rishi Kumar D, Yuvakishore K, Vignesh P, Sasikala M, Dr. Sudhakar K B, “Modeling and Simulation of Ga2O3 Thin Film Solar Blind UV Photodetector,” ICRAMM2022, 8 th December, 2022.
3. RF Sputtered CuO Thin Film for PV Applications, S.Sinthamani, M.Ranjithkumar, Sudhakar.K.B, S.Anitha, S.Sudharsanam, M. Sasikala, ICRAMM 2021, 25 – 26, November 2021.
4. Simulation of Molybdenum Disulfide based MOSFET Device using COMSOL Multiphysics software, S.Sudharsanam, Sudhakar.K.B, M. Sasikala, International Conference on Emerging Electrical Energy, Electronic, and Computing Technologies, 16-17, December 2021
5. A Single-Inductor Multi-Output Current-Mode LED Driver with Soft-Switching, Ms.Suganthi K, Sundararaman K, Dr.Sudhakar K B, Prof/EEE, IEEE sponsored First International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Information and Communication Technologies (ICEEICT 2022), 16 – 18, February 2022.
6. Simulation and Implementation of IoT based Solar Cell Monitoring System, Swetha, Shali, Sudhakar K B NCAEEE, SVCE, 27-28 May 2022
7. “Interdiscplinary Nano Research Centre at SVCE”, Micro and Nano Fabrication and Characterization Symposium (MNFACS), Poster presentation, IISc, Bengaluru, July 11, 12, 2019.
8. S.Sasikala, K.B.Sudhakar, “Micro-fabrication of ZnO and MoS2 TFT using RF Sputtering”, Oral Presentation, IEI TAMILNADU CENTENARY TECHNICAL CONFERENCE, 2019 (Second Place)
9. S.Anitha, K.B.Sudhakar, “Fabrication of ZnO Photodetector using RF sputtering”, Oral Presentation, IEI TAMILNADU CENTENARY TECHNICAL CONFERENCE, 2019
10. M.Rajithkumar, K.B.Sudhakar, “RF Sputtered CuO/ZnO Thin film Solar cells”, Oral Presentation, IEI TAMILNADU CENTENARY TECHNICAL CONFERENCE, 2019
11. S.Sasikala, K.B.Sudhakar, “Fabrication and Characteristics of ZnO TFT”, Poster Presentation, International Workshop on Crystalline Materials and Applications (IWCMA-2019) 03rd – 05th January 2019, Crystal Growth Centre, Anna University, Chennai.
12. S.Sudharsanam, K.B.Sudhakar, “Fabrication and Characteristics of MoS2 TFT”, Poster Presentation, International Workshop on Crystalline Materials and Applications (IWCMA-2019) 03rd – 05th January 2019, Crystal Growth Centre, Anna University, Chennai.
Total Conferences : 46
1. International Workshop on IC Fabrication, 7 – 9 November 2021 Resource person: Mr. Peter Lee, Midas Systems, Korea.
2. Product launch- Electronic Ticketing and Transport management system. 13th May 2022 Chief Guest: Thiru S.S.SIVASANKAR, Honourable Minister for Transport, Government of Tamilnadu
3. Product launch- Electronic deterrent system for Electrical installations, 28/02/2022 Chief Guest: Mr.R.Karthikeyan, General manager, Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation Ltd (TIDCO)
4. Guest Lecture on Industrial Automation, Mr.PremKumar.P.S, Division Manager – Industrial Automation, Hydrotek Engineering Company, Kuwait.
1. Interdisciplinary Centre for Nanotechnology Coordinator.
2. ISO Professional Objective Leader (College level).
3. EEE Department’s NBA coordinator.
4. Preparation and coordination of college level applications, surveys and statistics such as,
(i) Coordinated Autonomous Status application to UGC.
(ii) All India Survey on Higher Education survey
submitted to Department of Higher Education,
Ministry of Human Resource Development.
(iii) Students and staff statistics submitted to
University Grants Commission.
5. Ph.D supervisor- Currently guiding 4 Ph.D scholars.
• Established “Interdisciplinary Nano Research Centre, SVCE” under the guidance of our Secretary, Dr.Sivanandham, led the construction of Non-conventional Class 10,000 Cleanroom and currently supervising the day-to-day activities of the centre.
• Research and Development: Commissioned Nano fabrication equipment namely, Photolithography, Thermal evaporation, DLS, DC probe station and Comsol multiphysics tools worth Rs.100 Lakhs.
• Research Collaborations: IISc Bangalore, IIT Madras and IIT Guwahati under MeitY sponsored INUP fellowship.
• Technical mentor: 5 PhD students, MeitY sponsored 9 Indian Nanoelectronics user fellowships, Incubate mentor.