|Name||Dr. Sudhakar K Bharatan|
|Areas of Interest||Semiconductor material synthesis and device fabrication
Structural, Optical and Electrical Characterizations
Molecular Beam Epitaxy
|Room No.||Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Pennalur Sriperumbudur Tk 602117 Ph: 27152000 (254)|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)|
Ph.D in 2009 from North Carolina A and T State University
M.S in 2003 from North Carolina A and T State University
B.E in 2000 from Satyabahama Engineering College
Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SVCE, present
Associate Professor, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SVCE, 2012- 2016
Research Associate, North Carolina A&T State University, 2009-2012
Research Assistant, North Carolina A&T State University, 2003-2009
1.Fundamentals of Nanoscience
2.Application of MEMS Technology
3. Electromagnetic Theory
4. Digital Logic Circuits
5. Electromagnetic Field Computation and Modeling
6. Solid State Devices
7. Thin film tech- Device fabrication
8. Compound semiconductor materials / devices
9. Advanced solid state theory
10. Semiconductor materials & device characterization
11.Discrete Time Systems and Signal Processing
1.Semiconductor material synthesis and device fabrication
2.Inorganic Solar cells
4.Molecular Beam Epitaxy
Currently guiding 5 Ph.D scholars.
Intramural research programme, project title, “Fabrication of opto electronic, solar cell and flexible electronic devices by RF sputtering”
1.Member of Institution of Engineers
2.American Physical Society (2014-15)
3.American Vacuum Society (2014-15)
4.Materials Research Society (2004)
1. Jinoish & Sudhakar, K.B 2015, “A Transformer-Less Single Input Multiple output DC-DC Converter” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.10 no.6 pp.5506-5511.
2. Vaishnavii, S & Sudhakar K Bharatan 2014, “Parallel multi level three phase voltage source inverters using three limb coupled inductors”, in IEEE International Conference on Green Computing, Communication and Electrical Engineering, Dr. N.G.P. Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, pp.1-6.
3. Nimai C. Patra, Sudhakar Bharatan, Jia Li, Michael Tilton and Shanthi Iyer, “Annealing Studies of Heteroepitaxial InSbN on GaAs grown by Molecular Beam Epitaxy for Long-wavelength Infrared Detectors”, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 112, Page: 083107; (2012).
4. Nimai C. Patra, Sudhakar Bharatan, Jia Li, Michael Tilton and Shanthi Iyer, “Molecular beam epitaxial growth and characterization of InSb1- xNx on GaAs for long wavelength infrared applications”, Journal of Applied Physics 111, 083104 (2012).
5. S. Bharatan, S. Iyer, J. Li, T. Rawdanowicz and L. Reynolds, “A Study of MBE Grown InGaAsSbN/GaSb Single Quantum Wells”, J Vac. Sci. Technol.B, 29, 03C112-(1-6) (2011).
6. Shanthi Iyer, Kalyan Nunna, Sudhakar Bharatan and Jia Li, “Molecular Beam Epitaxial Growth and Characteristics of Dilute Nitride Quantum Well Heterostructures”, Proceedings of International Conference on Composites for 21st Century Current & Future Trends, ICC-CFT 2011 Proceedings, 2011
7. S. Bharatan, S. Iyer, K. Matney, W. J. Collis, K. Nunna, J. Reppert, A. M. Rao, “The Effects of Annealing on the Structural, Optical and Vibrational Properties of Lattice-Matched GaAsSbN/GaAs Grown by Molecular Beam Epitaxy”, J. Appl. Phys., 102, 023503 (2007).
8. K. Nunna, S. Iyer, L. Wu, J. Li, S. Bharatan, X. Wei, R.T. Senger, K.K. Bajaj, “Nitrogen Incorporation and optical studies of GaAsSbN/GaAs single quantum wells heterostructures’, J. Appl. Phys., 102, 053106 (2007).
9. S. Bharatan, S. Iyer, K. Matney, W. J. Collis, K. Nunna, J. Li, L. Wu, K. McGuire, “Growth and Properties of Lattice Matched GaAsSbN Epilayer on GaAs for Solar Cell Applications”, MRS Symposium EE proceedings, Paper #0891-EE10-36, (2005).
10. J. Li, S. Iyer, S. Bharatan, L. Wu, K. Nunna, W. Collis, K. Bajaj, K. Matney, G. Duscher, “Annealing Effects on the Temperature Dependence of the Photoluminescence of GaAsSbN Single Quantum Wells”, J. Appl. Phys. 98, 013703(1)-(6) (2005).
11. L. Wu, S. Iyer, K. Nunna, J. Li, S. Bharatan, W. Collis, K. Matney, “MBE Growth and Properties of GaAsSbN/GaAs Single Quantum Wells”, J. Crystal Growth, 279, 293 302 (2005).
12. Liangjin Wu, Shanthi Iyer, Kalyan Nunna, Sudhakar Bharatan, Jia Li, and Ward J. Collis, “Influence of Growth Parameters and Annealing on Properties of MBE Grown GaAsSbN SQWs”, presented at Materials Research Symposium J18.34, 2005 Spring Meeting, San Francisco, CA. Mar. 28, 2005, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. J18.34 (2005)
13. Liangjin Wu, Shanthi Iyer, Kalyan Nunna, Jia Li, Sudhakar Bharatan, Ward Collis, and Kevin Matney, “MBE Growth Study of GaAsSbN/GaAs Single Quantum Wells” Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 799, Z1.9.1 (2004).
Over 30 Oral and poster presentations in International Conferences such as Electronic Materials Conference, Materials Research Society Meetings, North American Conference on Molecular Beam Epitaxy, and ASM/MRS-NC Meetings, and in NASA Glenn Research Center, Clevelend, Ohio.
*Training on Clean room, fabrication, and characterization tools facility in Shared Materials and Instrumentation Facility (SMIF), Duke University, USA.
*Workshop on Helium Ion Microscopy at Joint School of Nanoescience and Nanoengineering,Greensboro, USA.
*NanoInk Inc.: Workshop on Tip-based patterning for Nano Engineering 2011, Greensboro, USA.
*International Workshop on Electronic Materials Technology, Anna University, Chennai, 2014
*Short course Program on Modeling, Simulation and Characterization of Nano Transistors, 26 th to 30 th Oct. 2015, IIT Kanpur.
*FDP on Expectations and Future of IT Industry, 22nd Oct 2016, Chennai.
1.Interdisciplinary Centre for Nanotechnology Coordinator.
2.ISO Professional Objective Leader.
3.EEE Department’s NBA coordinator.
4.Preparation and coordination of college level applications, surveys and statistics such as,
(i) Coordinated Autonomous Status application to UGC.
(ii)All India Survey on Higher Education survey submitted to Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development; and
(iii) Students and staff statistics submitted to University Grants Commission.
5.Ph.D supervisor- Currently guiding 5 Ph.D scholars.