|Name||Dr. S. Stanly Samuel|
|Areas of Interest||Environmental Chemistry & Waste water treatment|
|Intercom No.||169 & 858|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Ph.D. (Environmental Chemistry) – Anna University – 2005
M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences) – Bharathidasen University – 1993
B.Sc. (Chemistry) – Madurai Kamaraj University – 1990
Life Member – ISTE
Life Member – ACT
Associate Professor : July 2017 – Till date
Assistant Professor : June 2006 – June 2017
Senior Lecturer : April 2002 – May 2006
Lecturer : August 1994 – March 2002
Engineering Chemistry-I & II
Chemistry I & II
Environmental Science and Engineering
Physical Sciences Lab
Physics Chemistry Lab
Physical Chemistry Lab
Boiler Chemistry Lab
Technical & Instrumental Analysis Lab
Chemical Analysis lab
Technical Analysis Lab
Environmental Science & Engineering
Boiler Chemistry Lab
Part-time Ph.D. candidate registered
1. Ms. R.Priya, P.B. College of Engineering College
2. Ms. T. Kamatchi, P.B. Engineering College
3. Ms. K. Thenmozhi, University College of Engineering (Awarded Ph.D. degree in 2018)
1. A waste to worth approach in preparing Ferric vanadate Nanoparticles using peel extract for photocatalytic dye degradation induced by UV light. R.Priya S. Stanly R. Anuradhaa Suresh Sagadevan. Optik Volume 194, October 2019, 163085.
2. Evaluation of photocatalytic activity of copper ferrite nanoparticles. R Priya, S Stanly, Anuradha and Suresh Sagadevan. Mater. Res. Express 6, July (2019) 095014.
3. Photocatalytic and optical properties of NiO added Nephelium lappaceum L.peel extract: An attempt to convert waste to a valuable product. T. Adinaveen, Thenmozhi Karnan, Stanly Arul Samuel Selvakumar. Heliyon, Volume 5, Issue 5, May 2019, e01751.
4. Biosynthesis of ZnO nanoparticles using rambutan (Nephelium lappaceumL.) peel extract and thier photocatalytic activity on methyl orange dye
K. Thenmozhi and S. Stanly
Journal of Molecular Structure, 1125, 358-365 (2016).
5. A novel bio-mimetic approach for the fabrication of Bi2O3 nanoflakes from rambutan (Nephelium lappaceum L.) peel extract and thier photocatalytic activity
K. Thenmozhi and S. Stanly
Ceramics International, 42, 4779-4787 (2016).
6. Removal of chromium(VI) from aqueous solutions using Activated Carbon prepared
from Flame tree seed coat
S.Stanly, S.Selvakumar and Banumathi Arabindoo.
Asian J chem., 21(9), 6877-6884 (2009).
7. Isopropylation of Ethylbenzene using MCM-41 and Metals substituted MCM-41
S.Selvakumar,S.Stanly and Banumathi Arabindoo.
Asian J chem., 22(7), 5313-5322 (2010).
- Participated in the AICTE sponsored one week QIP Short Term Course on ?NMR Spectroscopy for Pharma and Biotech Research? during 20 ? 24 May 2019 at IIT Bombay, Mumbai.
- Participated in QIP Short Term Course on ?Fundamental and Practical Aspects of Corrosion? during 22 ? 26 June 2019 at IIT Kanpur, Kanpur.
- Presented a paper entitled “Nephellium Lappaceum L. peel extraxt – assisted Green Synthesis of NiO nanoparticles and their photocatalytic activity” in 2nd International Conference on Recent Trends in Analytical Chemistry, ICORTAC-2018, during 15-17 March 2018 organized by Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Madras, Chennai.
- Participated in FDP on “Stem Cell Characterization & Advances in its Research and Applications” sponsored by AICTE & organized by Department of Biotechnology, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, held from 27th November to 8th December 2017.
- Partcipated in the AICTE sponsored two week FDP on “Theory and Performance Evaluation of Automotive Vehicle Subsystems using Modern Tools and Equipment” organized by Department of Automobile Engineering conducted during November 6 – 21, 2017.
- Participated in “Prof.T.Raju, Felicitation Seminar on Chromatographic Technique” held at School of Chemical Sciences Auditorium, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Vhennai on June 29, 2017.
- FDP on Characterization of Materials conducted by Department of Physics, Sri Sairam Institute of Technology, West tambaram, Chennai, 20th & 21st July 2017.
- Attended a Workshop on “Hands on Training in Composites Preform Formation, Techniques and its Characterization held at PSGTECHS COE INDUTECH, Neelambur, Coimbatore, 15th and 16th June 2017.
- One day Workshop on Design of Experiments (DOE) at Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, on 12th March 2016.
- National Seminar on “Recent Trends in Organic Synthesis and Chemical Biology (RTSB-2015) at Department of Chemistry, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, October 9&10, 2015.
- Contemporary Research and Practices in Pollutant Elimination Systems Towards Cleaner Environment conducted by Department of Chemical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Srieprumbudur from 20th to 26th May 2013.
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on “Catalysis – From Concepts to Applications” at NIT Calicut, Kerala during 04-06-2012 – 08-06-2012.
- National Seminar on “Recent Trends in Synthetic Methods and Chemistry of Natutral Products” – SMNP-2011 at Department of Chemistry, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, October 14&15, 2011.
- 14th National Symposium on Catalysis held at Anna university during December 1998.
- Presented a paper entitled Recovery of useful material from Agricultural waste in National Science Congress held at Avinasilingam Deemed University, Coimbatore from May 8th to 19th, 1998.
- Presented a paper entitled Removal of Ortho Cresol using low cost adsorbent obtained from agricultural waste at International Conference on Environment and Bio ethics held at Loyola Institute of Frontier Energy, Loyola College Chennai during January 1999.
- Presented a paper entitled Studies on Phenol removal using low cost activated carbon prepared from palm seed coat in 25th IULTCS CONGRESS held at CLRI Chennai during January 1999.
- Attended An International Webinar on “System, Values & Humanity at the time of global crisis” Conducted by Arya Mahila P.G. College, Varanasi on 11th May 2020
- Participated in the FDP, National Webinar entitled “e-Content development Methodology Four Quadrant Model, OERs and Copyright issues” Organised by Guru Agnad Dev Teaching and Learning Centre SGTB Khala College, University of Delhi Under PMMMNMTT of MHRD held on 15th May 2020
- Successfully completed National Level e-Quiz on “Conceptual Chemistry” with a percentage of 100 on 21-05-2020, conducted by PG& Research Department of Chemistry, The New College (Autonomous), Chennai along with Internal Quality Assurance Cell.
- Successfully attended Leadership Talk With Dr.Pramod Chaudhari, Founder, Chairman, Praj Industries Limited and Dr.Abhay Jere, Chief Innovation Officer MHRD Innovation Cell, Saturday, 16th May 2020 at 01.00 PM by MHRD’s Innovation
- Completed a online course “A practical guide to Environmental Science” conducted by Udmey. (The course has 33 Lectures) Date of completion 04-05-2020
- Successfully completed the online course – “ Basics in CHROMATOGRAPHY” Jointly organized by DIPAM Foundation & Sheth M N Science College, Patan between 27th April to 6th May 2020
- Successfully completed “Municipal Solid Waste Management in DevelopingCountries” an online non-credit course authorized by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne and offered through Coursera on 19-05-2020
- Participated in the National Level Webinaron “Exercise and Diet during Quarantine & Lockdown” organized by IQAC & Department of Physical Education and Sports in Collaboration with INSIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS, AURANNGABAD ON 12th May 2020
- Actively participated in the E–Quiz on“International Day for Biological Diversity 2020” conducted by the Centre for Environmental Education, Holy Cross College, Nagercoil, Kanyakumari District May 2020
- Actively participated in the awareness quiz on“Let’s know our Everyday Chemistry” organized by Department of Chemistry, MohamedSathak College of Arts and Science, Chennai on 18th May 2020
- Participated in the “NAAC Accreditation Management System Demo” organised by InPods Ed-Tech – on 20th May 2020.
- Actively participated in the Webinar on “Guidelines for writing arResearchPper” organized by Research Committee. Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam on 22.05.2020 through online pedagogy
- Participated in an online Faculty Development Programme organisedby Department of Chemistry, D.K.M. College for Women, Vellore, Tamil Nadu in association with Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, MHRD, Govt. of India from 04.05.2020 to 10.05.2020.
- Participated in the online State Level FDP on “Online Teaching Methods and Pedagogy” Organized by the Department of Electronics and Communication Science, MAR GREGORIOS COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE in Association with BETA TECHNOLOGY, held on 7th May 2020.
- Participated in the International Webinar on HUMAN TRAFFICING AND COVID-19, organized by Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technologyin association with International Justice Mission on 14th May 2020
Incharge : Photography & Videography
I year Lab Coordinator
Bus Incharge Route No. 29
SVCE News letter Editorial Board Member
Repairs and Maintenance of equipments
ISO Member – Academic Objectives