|Areas of Interest||
|Email Id (Official)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Email Id (Personal)||email@example.com|
- Pursuing Ph.D at Anna University, Chennai
- M.E (Power System Engg) from Government College of Technology, Coimbatore,affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, June-2005, First Class with Distinction.
- B.E (Electrical and Electronics Engg) from Priyadarshini Engineering College, affiliated to Madras University, June-2003, First Class with Distinction
- Member of Institution of Engineers (M-1603048)-Life Member
- Working as Assistant Professor in SVCE from 01/06/2010 to till date. (10 Yrs)
- Worked as lecturer in SVCE from 13/06/2005 to 31/05/2010. (5 Yrs)
- Utilization of Electrical Energy and Conservation
- Digital Logic Circuits
- Marine Electrical Machines I
- Marine Electrical Technology
- Marine Electrical Machines II
- Power System Analysis
- Power System Protection
- Power System Operation and Control
- Transmission and Distribution
- Electrical Power System
PG THEORY :
- Wind Energy Conversion Systems
- Flexible AC Transmission Systems
- High Voltage DC Transmission
- Analysis of Electrical Machinery
- Power Electronics for Renewable Energy Sources
- Power System Simulation Lab
- Measurement and Instrumentation Lab
- Electric Circuits Lab
- Engineering Practices Lab
- Linear Integrated Citcuits Lab
- Control System Lab
- Electrical Machines Lab-I
- Electrical Machines Lab-II
- Electrical Engineering and Control System Lab
- Electrical Engineering,Electronics and Microprocessor Lab
Research & Consultancy
- Kumaravel, S & Bharathidasan, SG (2019) “Enhancement of Grid Primary Frequency Response using Type 3 and Type 4 WECS with Virtual Inertia Control”, Journal of Electrical Engineering, ISSN 1582-4594.
- Kumaravel, S R. Sundaravel (2017) “Control of PMSG Based Variable Speed Wind Turbines for Voltage Regulation”,IJAREEIE, ISSN:2320-3765, Vol. 6, Special Issue 2, March 2017.
- Kumaravel, S Gopinath. R (2016) “Implementation of Cascaded Resonant DC-DC converter Topology”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering IJAREEIE, ISSN:2320-3765,vol.5,Issue 3,Page no,1-9.
- Kumaravel, S & Abhinav Srinivas, M (2015) “Fuzzy Logic Controller for Shunt Active Power Filer using Synchronous Reference Frame Theory” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.10 no.36 pp.27838-27846.
- Mohamed Azharudeen, J & Kumaravel, S (2015) “A Two stage Boost converter coupled with cascaded H-Bridge inverter” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.10 no.9 pp.7724-7729.
- Kumaravel, S Gopinath.R(2016),” Cascaded Hybrid Resonant DC-DC Converter” in IEEE ICIIECS’16, third International conference at Karpagam College of Engineering on 17 and 18 March 2016, Coimbatore.
- Kumaravel, S V. Nithya.\”Fault diagnosis of PSFB DC-DC Converter\”Proceedings of the International Conference on Power Electronis and Renewable energy system\”-REC,April,2014.
- Kumaravel, S Govindarasu.R,Geetha.V.,\” fuzzy logic based automatic generation control for multi-area system in a deregulated electricity market\”, Proceedings of the National Conference on computational Intelligence to emerging electric power systems, Pondicherry Engg College, Pondicherry, Sep 2006.
- Kumaravel, S Mary,D.,\” simulation of automatic generation control in a new distributed generation environment with genetic algorithm optimization\” , Proceedings of the National Conference on Power Electronics and Power Systems (EtEE 2005), St. Joseph\’s College of Engineering, Chennai, Jan 2005.
Conference / Workshop / FDP
List of Conferences/Workshops Organised:
- Co-cordinator for the “Two days workshop on Grid Stability with Distributed Generation-Advanced Ancillary Services” on 05.09.2019 & 06.09.2019
- Co-cordinator for the “Two days workshop on Artificial Intelligence Application to Renewable Energy systems” on 29/8/2019 & 30/08/2019.
- Co-cordinator for the Career awareness program to UG students through Alumni students during Feb 2019.
- Co-cordinator for the ISTE SVCE chapter sponsored two days workshop on “State Feedback Controllers for Power electronics & Power System Applications”, 30/09/2016 & 01/10/2016
- Organized Two Days “National conference on Advances in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-NCAEEE, March 2017”, in SVCE
- Two Days National conference on Advances in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-NCAEEE , 21 th and 22 nd March 2016, in SVCE
- Two Days National Workshop on “MATLAB Application to Power Electronics and Power System” 28 th & 29 th August 2015,in SVCE
- Two Days National conference on Advances in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-NCAEEE , April 2015, in SVCE
- Two Days National Workshop on “MATLAB Application to Electrical Engineering” at SVCE on 26/09/2014 and 29/09/2014.
- Three days Training program on “MiPower software”,19-21,February 2014.
- Two Days National conference on Advances in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-NCAEEE-2013,March 2013 in SVCE.
- One Day National Technical Symposium-PULSE 2009 at SVCE,September 2009.
- One Day National Workshop on Vision-Robotricks, at SVCE, February 2010.
List of Workshops attended:
- Two weeks Short Term Training course on “Big Data Analytics in Bioinformatics” from 4/11/2019 to 17/11/2019, MNM Jain Engineering College, Chennai.
- Four Days Training program on “Data Science and machine learning using python” from 29.04.2019 & 03.05.2019, SVCE.
- Industrial Training in “Switchgear and Fusegear Protection” at Panickker Switchgear Pvt. Ltd., Sriperumbudur from 14/06/2019 to 21/06/2019
- Two days National workshop on ” A Revolutionary Technology-IoT Applications in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SVCE from 3/1/2019 to 4/1/2019
- Industrial Training in the field of Power Electronics” at Jayam Electronics, Chennai from 7/05/2018 to 11/05/2018
- One week FDP on “Electrical Machines” from 20/11/2017 to 26/11/2017, MNM Jain Engineering College, Chennai
- Two Days National Workshop on “Design of Controllers & Compensators using MATLAB” from 01.04.2016 to 02.04.2016,SVCE.
- Two Days Workshop on “Power conversion for Smart Grids” at SSN College of Engineering on 18/07/2014 and 19/07/2014.
- Four Days Training program on Solar Photovoltaic System,23-26,June 2014 at Anna University, Chennai.
- Three days Training program on Mi Power software,19-21,February 2014 at SVCE.
- Two days National Workshop on “Recent Trends in Optimization & Control” at VIT, August 2012.
- Two days National Workshop on “PSCAD Power System Simulator” at Bangalore, July 2012.
- Two weeks AICTE sponsored National Level workshop on “Fundamentals of Solar Photovoltaics and Applications” conducted by IIT-Bombay from 12/12/11 to 24/12/11.
- Two weeks workshop on FDP On “Power System Analysis” in Anna University, Chennai from 03/12/07 to 15/12/07.
- Two weeks Training Course in “Training for Trainers and Assessors” at HIMT,Chennai from 12/11/2007 to 24/11/2007.
- Two days workshop on FDP On Computer Applications In Power System in IIT Madras from 06/04/07 to 07/04/07.
- Two weeks workshop on “SDP On FACTs Power 2006” in Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, sivakasi from 13/11/06 to 24/11/06.
- Delivered lecture on “Impact of DG on primary frequency control of wind turbine generator for Grid support” during two days workshop on Grid Stability with Distributed Generation-Advanced Ancillary Services on 06.09.2019
- Delivered lecture on “Simulation of Fuzzy Logic Controller application to wind turbine generator using MATLAB” during Two days workshop on Artificial Intelligence Application to Renewable Energy systems” on 30/08/2019.
- Delivered lecture on “MATLAB applications for Electrical Engineering” on 13/12/2017 ,SVCE,Tirupati
- Delivered lecture on “Design of state feedback controller for LFC applications” during two days workshop on “State Feedback Controllers for Power electronics & Power System Applications”, on 01/10/2016,SVCE.
- Delivered lecture on “Basics of Electrical and Electronics Engineering” during training programme on BEEE to Engineers from Hyundai India Pvt Ltd on 03/11/2015,SVCE.
- Delivered lecture on “FLC Design for Power system Application” at SVCE on 26/09/2014.
- Delivered a lecture on “Automatic Generation Control” at SVCE, Aug-2014.
- AICTE Co ordinator
- National Institutional Ranking Framework Coordinator
- Software laboratory Incharge
- Faculty Advisor for II year A batch students (Roll no-01-15)
- Alumni Co ordinator
- UG and PG projects Guide
- NBA related work
- Soft skill training to III year and IV year EEE students
- Syllabus preparation for Autonomous Curriculum
- Anti-Ragging committee member in the Gents Hostel.
- Preparation of Tau report for II year EE students.
- Autonomous Examination related work.
- Deputy Warden Hostel
- Residential Tutor Hostel from June 2005 to June 2015
- Dept Placement Coordinator from June 2010-May2012.
- Dept ISO Employability Objective Incharge from June 2010-May 2012.
- Dept ISO Students Skill Development Objective Incharge from June 2009-May 2010.
- Time table Coordinator from June 2007-May 2008.
- Coordinator of AEEE and Guest Lectures from June 2009- May 2010.
- Dept Alumini Incharge from June 2008-May 2009.
- Exam cell Coordinator for AU examination from June 2005 to May 2008and May 2014.
- AUR and Flying squad member for AU Theory and Practical examination.
- Class committee Chairperson.
- Vacation Roster-In charge from June 2011 to May 2017
- Received the SVCE prestigious award “Outstanding Teacher Award” for the academic year 2015 – 2016.
- Received the cash prize for best Research presentation during Faculty Research Day 2019
- Received appreciation certificate for achieving 100% results for 10 core subjects.