|Name||Dr. M. Selvakumar|
|Areas of Interest||Modal shift analysis; Travel Demand Modelling|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- B.E. (Civil Engineering), ACCET-Karaikudi – Madurai Kamaraj University, 2000
- M.E. (Urban Engineering), CEG – Anna University, 2002
- Ph.D. (Transportation Engineering), I.I.T. Madras, 2007
- Lecturer, BITS Pilani (1 year)
- Traffic Engineer, ELMECH-Abu Dhabi (6 months)
- Engineering Consultant, L&T Ramboll – Chennai (4.5 years)
- Associate Professor, S.V.C.E. – Sriperumbudur (from June 2013 to Till date)
- Railways, Airports & Harbour Engineering
- Traffic Engineering and Management
- Highway Engineering
- Engineering Economics and Cost Analysis
- Surveying II
- Principles of Management
- Concrete & Highway Lab
- Construction Materials
- Hydraulic Engineering Lab
Research & Consultancy
- M. Selvakumar, Penna Dheeren & Ponlinga Ramsingh. (2020). Impact of Bus Fare in Reducing Traffic Congestion on Roads: A Case Study of Chennai. Indian Highways (IRC), Vol. 48 (11), pp.41 – 48.
- Thamizharasan Venkatachalam, Karthik K. Srinivasan, Nivetha Nithiyanandam, Sivaranjani Rajakamangalam Sivathanupillai, Sivasankari Rajendran, Sree Swathi Jayasankar, Selvakumar Muthusamy. (2020). an Iterative Modal Shift Model of Long Distance Rail Passengers towards Air Transport in India. International Journal for Traffic and Transport Engineering, Vol. 10(4), pp. 449 – 455.
- Nivetha Nithiyanandam, Sivaranjani Rajakamangalam Sivathanupillai, Sivasankari Rajendran, Sree Swathi Jayasankar, Selvakumar Muthusamy. (2020). Impact of Low Cost Airlines on Upper Class Rail Transport for Long-Haul Travel in India. International Journal for Traffic and Transport Engineering, Vol. 10(1), pp. 61 – 68.
- M. Selvakumar, Abishek Reddy, V. Sathish and R. Venkatesh. (2018). Potential Influence of Metro on Bus: A Case Study. Journal of Institution of Engineers (India): Series A, Vol. 99(2).
- D. Siddi Ramulu and M. Selvakumar. (2014). Impact of High Speed Rail on Road Passenger Traffic in India. Highway Research Journal (IRC), Vol. 7(1).
- V. Thamizh Arasan and M. Selva Kumar. (2006). Demand Forecasting for Long-Haul Intercity Rail Travel: A Case Study. Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), Vol. 87.
Conference / Workshop / FDP
- Nov/2019 FDP on Moral Values & Ethics for Engineering College Teachers-Art of Living, Bengaluru [10 days]
- Aug/2018 Academic Leadership Training, CIT Coimbatore [3 days]
- Jun/2016 TEQIP II – Recent Trends in Transportation Engineering, NIT Tiruchirappalli [6 days]
- Dec/2015 Training on Outcome Based Education, SVCE [3 days]
- Jun/2012 Leadership Skills, L&T Rambo ll Consulting Engineers Ltd. [15 week-ends]
- Nov/2011 Training in VISSIM , L&T Rambo ll Consulting Engineers Ltd. [10 days]
- Apr 2008 Office Training on Sitraffic , SIEMENS AG, Augsburg, Germany [15 days]
- Assistant Head of the Department/CE
- Industrial Objective coordinator/CE
- Faculty Adviser-Third year Civil
- Class Committee Chairperson-First year Civil
- Concrete & Highway Lab in-charge