|Name||Dr. S. Ilaiyavel|
|Areas of Interest||Metal cutting coatings-Manganese phosphate coating Tribology Machining|
|Email Id (Official)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Email Id (Personal)|
B.E- Mechanical Engineering-1997-Madras University
M.E- Production Engineering-2000-Thiyagarajar College of Engineering- Madurai Kamaraj University
PhD- Mechanical Engineering-2014-SVCE Research Center-Anna University.
TITLE OF THESIS: STUDY OF WEAR CHARACTERISTICS OF MANGANESE PHOSPHATE COATING ON HIGH CARBON HIGH CHROMIUM STEEL.
Rajarajeswari Engineering College, Chennai – Lecturer -1 year 8 months
Thiyagarajar College of Engineering,Madurai- Lecturer- 6 months
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering-Sriperumbudur-Lecturer- 3 years 3 months
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering,Sriperumbudur – Senior Lecturer- 5 years 1 month
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering,Sriperumbudur-Assistant Professor- 3 years
Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering,Sriperumbudur-Associate Professor- from 1-7-2012.
Manufacturing technology I & II
Engineering materials and metallurgy
Computer aided manufacturing
Metrology measurement lab
Strength of materials lab
1. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2011, �Wear Characteristics of Manganese Phosphate Coated HSS turning tool on Machining En 24 steel, Journal of Manufacturing Technology today, pp. 8-13.
1. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2010, �Study on Phosphate Conversion Coating on Wear Resistance Application-A Review�, Journal of Engineering Research and studies, vol. 1, pp.1-4.
2. Anant, K, Ilaiyavel, S, Aditya Saim, Neethi Murali, V & Venkatesan, A 2011, �Experimental investigation on the properties of Manganese Phosphate coating on AISI D2 tool steel�, Journal of material science and Engineering, vol. 5, pp. 455-461.
3. Ilaiyavel, S, Venkatesan, A, Naluusamy, N & Sornakumar, T 2011, �Wear Characteristics of Manganese Phosphate Coating with oil lubricant, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 110-116, pp. 616-620 (Annexure II) (Impact Factor:0.27).
4. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2012, �Experimental Investigation of Wear Characteristics on Manganese Phosphate Coated AISI D2 steel�, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, vol. 13, pp. 581-586 (Annexure I) (Impact Factor:1.141) .
5. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2012, �The Wear behavior of Manganese Phosphate Coatings applied to AISI D2Steel Subject to different Heat treatment Process�, Proceedia Engineering, vol. 38, pp. 1916-1924 (Annexure II) (Impact Factor:0.308).
6. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2012, �The Wear Characteristics of Heat treated Manganese Phosphate Coating applied to AISI D2 Steel with oil lubricant�, Journal of Tribology in industry�, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 247-254 (Annexure II) (Impact Factor:0.5).172.
7. Ilaiyavel, S, Jegannathan, S, Ravichandran, K & Venkatesan, A 2012, �Prediction of Wear Coefficient of Manganese Phosphate coated AISI D2 Steel with Oil lubricant�, Applied Mechanics and Materials�, vol. 315, pp. 117-120 (Annexure II) (Impact Factor:0.27).
8. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2012, �The Tribological behavior of Manganese Phosphate Coatings applied to AISI D2Steel Subjected to Annealing treatment�, Journal of Balcon Tribology Association�, vol.19, no. 1, pp. 65-75 (Annexure I) (Impact Factor:0.158).
9. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2013, �Properties of Manganese Phosphate coating on AISI D 2 steel�, International Journal of Contemporary science Engineering and Technology, vol. 315, pp.117-120.
10. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2013, �Investigation of Wear coefficient of Manganese Phosphate coated tool steel�, Journal of Tribology in industry, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 69-73 (Annexure II) (Impact Factor:0.5).
1. Venkatesan, A & Ilaiyavel, S 2009, �The performance of Manganese Phosphate coated HSS turning tools when turning EN-24 Steel�, International conference on Modern Trends in Material Technology, ICMMT2009, Sri Venkateswara college of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, Jan 9-20 2009.
2. Ilaiyavel, S, Venkatesan, A, Nallusamy, N & Sornakumar, T 2011, �Wear Characteristics of Manganese Phosphate Coating with oil lubricant�, International Conference on Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (ICMAE 2011), Bangkok, Tailand, July 29-31, 2011.
3. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2012, �The Wear behavior of Manganese Phosphate Coatings applied to AISI D2Steel Subject to different Heat treatment Process�, International Conference on Modeling Optimisation and Computing, Nooral Islam University, Nagerkoil, April11,12 2012.
4. Ilaiyavel, S, Jegannathan, S, Ravichandran, K & Venkatesan A. 2012, �Prediction of Wear Coefficient of Manganese Phosphate coated AISI D2 Steel with Oil lubricant�, International Conference on Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (ICME 2012), UniversitiTun Hussein onn, Malaysia, Nov 20-21, 2012. 173.
5. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2013, �Wear Performance of TIN, Multi layer and Manganese phosphate coatings on Tool Steel, International conference on Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (INCAMA2013)�, Kalasalingam University, Kirshnan Koil, March 28- 30, 2013.
6. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2013, �A Study of Wear Performance of TIN, TICN and Manganese Phosphate Coatings with Oil Lubricant on AISI D2 Steel, International Conference on surface engineering for research and industrial Applications, Rajalakshmi Engineering college, Thandalam, Aug 7-9, 2013.
7. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2013, �Characterization of Manganese phosphate coating adherance on High carbon high chromium steel by Progressive Load Scratch Test, International Conference on Advances in Tribology (ICAT14) , NIT Calicut, Feb 21-24,2014.
8 Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan, A 2014, �Prediction of specific wear rate of Manganese Phosphate coated AISI D2 steel with oil lubricant, International Conference on Computational systems in Engineering and technology (ICCSET2014), Srivenkateswara college of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, March 7 th & 8 th 2014.
1. Ilaiyavel, S & Venkatesan ,A 2013, Industrial application of Annealed Manganese phosphate coating with oil lubricant on wire drawing dies, patent application Number:5768/CHE/2013.
Awards and achievements:
Received Best Teacher award for the year 2012-13 from SVCE, Sriperumbudur.
Received Best paper award (Gold Medal) in the International conference on Advances in Tribology at National Institute of Technology, Calicut.
Work shop organized:
Organized five days Faculty development program on Measuring Techniques & Measurement system Analysis during April 28 th -May 3 rd 2014.
Organized Two days workshop on Employ ability Skill Development for Pre-final year Lateral entry & Tamil medium Students during 7 th & 9th Feb 2015 with ISTE students chapter and placement cell.
Conducted thirty days skill development programme on Welding under EDC ,SVCE.
Conducted fifteen days skill development programme on Plumbing under EDC ,SVCE
Attended a national seminar on �Recent developments and challenges in automotive tribology� at Kongu Engineering college during 29th and 30th April 2010.
Attended a national workshop on research methodology organized by ISTE-SVCE chapter at SVCE on 30th march 2011.
Attended the safety conference-2011 on safety in industries held on 29th and 30th july 2011 at Chennai. .
Attended an International conference on modeling optimization and computing (ICMOC 2012) held at Noorul Islam University, Kumaracoil On 10th and 11th April 2012.
Attended 3rd International conference on mechanical and manufacturing engineering (ICME 2012) at University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia on 20-21 november 2012.
Attended an International conference on Advances in Tribology (ICAT 14) at NIT calicut during 21-24 february 2014.
Attended two days workshop on �curriculum Alignment of Tamil Nadu open University vocational education programmes with qualification pack� organized by school of continuing education at the university premises, Chennai on 13th and 14th November 2014.
Attended three days national workshop on curriculum development for flexible skill training eld on may 26-28, 2014 at Chennai.