|Name||Ms. A.C.Vijaya Lakshmi|
|Areas of Interest||Petroleum Refining, Heterogenous kinetics, Environmental Engineering|
|Email Id (Official)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Email Id (Personal)|
|Date of Joining|
|Nature of Association|
Ph.D. – pursuing at Anna University
M.Tech. – PETROLEUM REFINING AND PETROCHEMICALS (1997 – 1999)
Institute/ University – A.C.Tech.,ANNA UNIVERSITY, Chennai
B.Tech – Chemical Engineering (1993 – 1997)
Institute/ University – COIMBATORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY / Coimbatore
Life Member-Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers)
Life Member-The Indian Society for Technical Education)
Member –International Association of Engineers
June 2010 – till date
Assistant Professor in SVCE, Sriperumbdur.
Senior Lecturer in SVCE, Sriperumbdur.
2004 – 2009
Lecturer in SVCE, Sriperumbdur.
Apr 1999 – Oct1999
Project Associate at ANNA UNIVERSITY., Chennai.
Jan 2000 Apr 2001
Research Assistant Trainee at CHENNAI PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED, Chennai
Theory Courses (Undergraduate)
Chemical Process Calculations.
Principles of Environmental Science and Engineering.
Process Instrumentation Dynamics & Control
Chemical Reaction Engineering – I
Chemical Reaction Engineering – II
Chemical Process Plant Safety
Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
Downstream processes in Petroleum Engineering
Bio Process Engineering
HSE in Petroleum Industries
Laboratory Courses (Undergraduate)
Fluid Mechanics Lab
Mechanical Operations Lab
Heat Transfer Lab
Chemical Reaction Engineering Lab
Process Control Lab
Process Equipment Design – I
Process Equipment Design – II
Laboratory Courses (Postgraduate)
Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering Lab
Project work for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students.
- A. C. Vijaya Lakshmi, M. Balamurugan, M. Sivakumar, T. Newton Samuel, M. Velan “Minimum Fluidization velocity and friction factor in a liquid-solid inverse fludized bed”, Bioprocess Engineering Journal, 461-466(1999).
PAPERS PRESENTED AND PUBLISHED IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Ajithkumar.S, Ananya.R, Gokul.R, Vijaya Lakshmi A.C “Improving Membrane Efficiency Using Grafting: A Review” in the International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering (AdChE) and published in the Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering (AdChE) 5th-7th Feb2020. http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3729289
- Vijaya Lakshmi A.C, Harishkumar.N.N, “USE OF LOW-COST BIO-ADSORBENT FOR REMOVAL OF HEAVY METALS FROM AQUEOUS SOLUTIONS – STUDY, DESIGN & MODELLING” in the International Conference on “Green Materials Renewable Energy” Organised by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, on 10th and 11th June,2021.
- Vijaya Lakshmi A.C, Harishkumar.N.N, “STUDIES ON COAGULATION EFFECT OF MORINGA OLEIFERA AS A BIO-COAGULANT FOR TREATING GROUND AND SURFACE WATER” in the AICTE sponsored International Conference on “Smart Materials &Emerging Technologies for Industry 4.0” Organised by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, on 16th and 17th October, 2020.
- A.Tamilarasi and Vijaya Lakshmi A.C., “Corrosion Inhibition of Metals using promising and Novel organic Inhibitors” at CHEMZEE 2017, Satyabama University.
- M.Janani, A.C.Vijaya Lakshmi and C.Anandababu, “Selection of Resin for separation of Gadolinium Isotopes by IE Chromatography” at International Conference on Science, Technology and Interdisciplinary Research 2015.
- V.Soumya, P.Varunprasath, B.Subha, A.C.Vijaya Lakshmi, K.Ravichandran and R.Parthiban, “BRIJ 35 Assisted synthesis of nano hydroxyapatite as a drug carrier for the treatment of Bone infections” in the International Conference on Innovative Research and Solutions” on 12th April 2014.
- V.Soumya, P.Varunprasath, B.Subha, A.C.Vijaya Lakshmi, K.Ravichandran and R.Parthiban, “Synthesis of nanohydroxyapatite and characterization for the treatment of bone infections” in the 3 rd International conference on “Challenges in Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology for Sustainable Environment, held at Annamalai University, Chidambaram during 2nd and 3rd April 2014.
- AICTE Sponsored short term course on “Instrumental Methods of Analysis” held at SVCE from 04th to 9th November 2019.
- One day National Conference on “Technological Innovation on Clean Energy Generation and Environmental Remediation” held at SVCE on 04th October 2019.
- Faculty Development Programme on “Process Calculations” organized by AC Tech., Anna University. Period: 22nd – 29th May 2018.
- FDP on Green chemical Technology and application for sustainable Developments in Chemical Industry on 04/12/2017 to 9/12/2017, organized by Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering.
- FDP on Modern Separation Process in Environmental Applications on 12/12/2016 to 19/12/2016, organized by Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering
- Recent trends in Industrial Effluent Treatment ‘16 on 20/06/2016 to 25/06/2016 Sponsored by TEQIP II, organised by Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry.
- AICTE Sponsored National Conference on “Advances in Computational Methods for Simulation of Transport Processes in Engineering” during 24th to 26th June,2015 organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, Chennai-India.
- TEQIP Phase II sponsored Short Term Training Programme on Advances in Chemical, Biochemical and Environmental Engineering organised by PEC, Pondicherry. Period: 2nd – 6th December 2013.
- All India Seminar on Occupational Hazards in Process Industry: Safety in Design and Operation. Period: 13th – 14th Jun 2013.
- Faculty Development Programme on Mass Transfer organized by AC Tech., Anna University. Period: 13th – 20th Jun 2013.
- AICTE Faculty Development Programme on Contemporary Research and Practices in Pollutant Elimination Systems Towards Cleaner Environment organised by SVCE, Sriperumbudur. Period: 20th – 26th May 2013.
- Sir C.V.Raman Lecture on Research Paper Publication in Journals organized by the Institution of Engineering and Technology. Period: 30th Jun 2012.
- Faculty Development Programme on Heat Transfer organized by AC Tech., Anna University. Period: 01st – 08th Jun 2012.
- Recent Trends in Process control Modeling &Simulation organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, SVCE on (28.07.2011 – 29.07.2011)
- Industry-Academia Workshop On Refining & Petrochemicals Organised jointly by Petroleum Federation Of India & Lovraj Kumar Memorial Trust & Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited. Period: March 16 -19, 2011.
- National level seminar on “Paradigm shift in chemical engg with reference to oil, refinery and gas sectors” organized by SVCE,Sriperumbudur (3 & 4th sep 2010).
- National Level Seminar on Software Tools and Packages relevant to Modern Chemical and Environmental Engineering Practices organised by SVCE, Sriperumbudur. Period: 20th – 21st Aug 2009.
- “Safety conference 2009” organized by THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS (INDIA) on 07.08.2009 – 08.08.2009.
- Faculty Training Programme on Instructional Design and Delivery System organized by NITTTR at SVCE, Sriperumbudur. Period: 11th – 16th May 2009.
- First Training Course on Surfaces, Coatings and Corrosion Prevention organized by IIM Human Resources Development Centre, Kalpakkam. Period: 6th – 7th Mar 2009.
- Workshop on Emerging Strategies in Energy and Environment organized by Sri Sairam Engineering College, Chennai. Period: 20th Mar 2008.
- Technical Training at Technip India Limited, Chennai. Period: 18th – 22nd Dec 2006.
- MENTORSHIP :
- Received the Mentor Certificate for Mentoring 58 Students for the NPTEL – Chemical Process Safety Course and ensured all 58 of them to pass in good Grades.
- Received the Mentor Certificate for mentoring a batch of students to Participate in the Drug Discovery Hackathon, an Initiative by the MHRD Cell, Government of India.
- Member, Organizing team- International Conference on “Green Materials and Renewable Energy” (ICGMRE 2021), 10th and 11th June 2021, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur.
- Had successfully completed the BUILD A FACE RECOGNITION APPLICATION USING PYTHON as a part of the Guinness World Record Event – Most users to take an online computer programming lesson in 24 hours as a part of AI for INDIA event organized by GUVI.in
- Member, Organizing team- International Conference on “Smart Materials and Emerging Technologies for Industry 4.0” on 16 & 17 October 2020. Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur.
- A Knowledge Exchange Programme was organized as an online webinar series between 06.06.2020 to 10.06.2020 in the theme “Opportunities and Challenges for Chemical Engineers” to support our final and pre final year CHEMICAL ENGINEERING students to plan their career ahead.
- National Level Seminar on The Miracle of Material Choice towards Safety and Environment in Process Industries during September 6th & 7th , 2013 Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur.