|Name||Mrs. Ruby Freya|
|Areas of Interest||STEEL STRUCTURES Structural Mechanics FRP with steel|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)|
M.E. – Structural Engineering – 2012 – CEG, Anna University
B.E. – Civil Engineering – 2010 – CEG, Anna University
Academic ExperienceAssistant Professor, S.V.C.E. Sriperumbudur (June 2012 – Till date)
Graduate engineer Trainee in Larsen and Toubro- Infrastructure Development Projects Ltd., May 2010 to August 2010
Traffic Engineering and Management
Railways, Airports, Docks & Harbours
Computer Aided Drafting and Modeling laboratory
Design of Steel Structure
Mechanics of Solids
Design of Steel and Timber Structures
Strength of Materials Laboratory
Currently doing research on Inelastic Behaviour of Steel Connections
1. Analytical Prediction of Buckling Behavior of Axially Loaded Steel Circular Hollow Columns Strengthened with CFRP Laminates- Ruby Freya, A Punitha Kumar, Dr R Senthil, -Conference Proceedings of Indian Engineering Congress
2. Behavior of Axially Loaded Steel Circular Hollow Columns Strengthened with CFRP � conference proceeding, IDES conference Publishing System and available in Search Digital Library.
3. National Conference on Recent Advances in Infrastructure Development- 8 to 9/03/2012- conducted by Tagore Engineering College
4. Second International Conference on Structural and Civil Engineering, SCE 2012- 03-04/08/2012- conducted by Association of Civil and Environmental Engineers, division of IDES.
- Participated in 5 day STTP on “ME8692 – Finite Element Analysis” jointly sponsored by AICTE and Anna University at AU-FRG Institute for CAD/CAM AICTE, Anna University, Chennai on 16th to 20th December 2019.
- Participated in AICTE sponsored Short Term Training Program on “Computer Aided and Design and Ananysis of Structures using Finite Element Method Concepts in Structural Engineering” at Easwari Engineering College on 17th to 22nd June 2019.
- Participated in Advanced Workshop on Steel Design at IIT Bommbay on 14th and 15th June 2019.
- Successfully completed 12 week NPTEL course on “Design of Steel Structures”(Elite Tag) from July to October 2017.
- Successfully completed 8 week NPTEL course on “Inroduction to Research”(Elite Tag) from July to September 2017.
- Successfully completed 4 week NPTEL course on “Reinforced Concrete Bridges”(Elite Tag) from July to August 2017.
- Participated in ISTE sponsored National Level Workshop on “Mechanical Vibration, Mitigation Approaches and Measurement Techniques for Structural Applications” on 30th March 2017.
- Participated in Continuing Education Program on ‘Limit State Design of Structural Steelwork using Eurocode 3’Continuing Education Program at IITM on 1st December 2016.
- Participated in IEI sponsored National Seminar on “Piezoelectric and Magneteorheological Materials in Civil Engineering Applications” on 14th September 2016.
- Delivered lecture in Anna University sponsored 7 day FDP on “Mechanics of Solids” in June 2016.
- Participated in ISTE sponsored Workshop on “Design of Experiments” on 12th March 2016.
- Conducted the first Anna University sponsored 7 day FDP on “Repair and Rehabilitation of Structures” in the department from 28th January to 4th February 2016.
- 2nd topper with 92% in the 20 hours course on “Engineering Graphics” in NPTEL online course (January to March 2016).
- Participated in Two week ISTE STTP on “Introduction to Structural Engineering” by IIT Kharagpur through NME – ICT (MHRD) from 30th November 2015 to 9th January 2016.
- Faculty Development Program on Design of Steel Structures using IS 800:2007 10th to 17th December 2014.
- Participated in 2 week ISTE workshop on Engineering mechanics conducted by IIT Bombay through NME – ICT (MHRD) from 26th November to 6th December 2013.
- Participated in National Level Workshop on “Highway Geometric Design” on 21st October 2013.
- Participated in the NPTEL workshop conducted by IIT Madras, 10th August 2013.
- In the organizing committee for the one day national Workshop on Advances in concrete technology and sustainable materials, October 2012.
- Presented a paper in the second International Conference on Structural and Civil Engineering organized by ACEE, August 3-4, 2012.
- Presented in National Conference on Recent Advances in Infrastructure Development, 8-9th March,2012
- Presented in 26th Indian Engineering Conference held at Bangalore, 15–18th December,2011
- Worked in the co ordinating committee for Faculty Development Program on Design of Steel Structures,28th November-4th December 2011
- Volunteer in conducting program on Design of Steel Structures for TNEB engineers, 14-16th November,2011
- Participated in workshop on Gender sensitation and self defence organized by Centre for empowerment of women, Anna University on 25-26th November 2006.
Strength of Materials Lab in charge
Faculty Advisor- 2015-2019 batch
Faculty Advisor- 2019-2023 batch
Academic Objective Coordinator
II year class committee chairperson
Administrative work-report preparation
- Runners up in INSDAG (Institute of National Steel Development and Growth) National student award design competition for Best Innovative Structural Steel Design, 2010.
- Master Diploma in Civil CADD.
- Member in professional bodies – ICI, IEI, IDES