|Name||Mr. N.Arun Prem Anand|
|Areas of Interest||Modelling,Simulation and Multi-objective Optimization of Chemical Processes. Computational Fluid Dynamics Catalysis and Reaction Engineering. Petroleum Refinery Engineering.|
|Email Id (Official)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Email Id (Personal)|
- Pursuing Ph.D in the faculty of Technology in Anna University (Jan 2017 – till date).
- M.E. Chemical Engineering (2011-2012) from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Rajasthan.
- B. Tech Petrochemical Technology (2002- 2006) from School Of Engineering and Technology, Bharathidasan University, Tamilnadu.
- Working as Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur since 12/06/2013.
- Worked as Management Trainee in Anjan Drugs Private Limited, SIPCOT, Gummidipoondi, Tamilnadu from December 2009 to August 2010.
- Project Co-ordinator in Speedo Tex Exports, Tiruppur, Tamilnadu, India, from November 2008 to November 2009.
- Worked as a Technical Support Executive in E4E Business Services, Chennai from August 2006 to June 2007.
1. Transport Phenomena
2. Chemical Reaction Engineering I
3. Chemical Reaction Engineering II
4. Process Instrumentation Dynamics and Control
5. Chemical Process Industries II
6. Fertilizer Technology
7. Material Science and Technology
8. Chemical Process Calculations
9. Process Plant Utilities
10. Heat Transfer
11. Mass Transfer I and II
12. Process Optimization
1.Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
2.Chemical Reaction Engineering Laboratory
3.Process Equipment Design I
4.Process Equipment Design II
5.Process Control Laboratory
1. Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
2. Process Modeling and Simulation
3. Advanced Process Control
4. Advanced Transport Phenomena
1.Process Modeling and Simulation Laboratory
Course Instructor for Process Plant Simulation course of M.S (Engineering Management) program at TECHNIP India Pvt. Limited offered by Birla Institute of Technology And Science, Pilani, Work Integrated Learning Programmes Division Vidya Vihar Campus, Pilani 333031.
1. Arun Senthil Sundaramoorthy, Arun Prem Anand Natarajan, Sundaramoorthy Sithanandam, Modelling and optimization of Industrial scale membrane steam reformer for production of hydrogen in Global Challenges in Energy and Environment, Edited by V Subramanian and S Subramanian, Springer, Singapore, 2019.
- ArunSenthil Sundaramoorthy, Arun Prem Anand Natarajan, Sundaramoorthy Sithanandam, Comparative Performance Analysis of Industrial Scale Catalytic Steam Reformer with Membrane Steam Reformer, Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering Vol. 43. Edited by: Anton Friedl, Jiří J. Klemeš, Stefan Radl, Petar S. Varbanov, and Thomas Wallek. Published by: Elsevier B. V., Amsterdam, 2018 ISBN: 978-0-444-64235-6
International Journal Papers
- Arun Prem Anand, S. Bhavatharini, PID Controller Tuning using ASPEN HYSYS, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Advanced Technology, pp 72-75,2018.
- Arun Prem Anand, S. Bhavatharini, Comparative Study of PID Controller tuning methods using ASPEN HYSYS, International Journal of Scientific Research and Review, pp 542-547, 2018.
- Arun Prem Anand, Ananya, R.Gokul, Abirami, Enhanced corrosion protection by recycled Polyurethane, Asian Journal of Applied Science and Technology, pp1085-1088, 2018.
International Conference Papers
- Bhavatharini Suresh, N.Arun Prem Anand, Simulation of Air Pollutant Dispersion Using Gaussian Plume Model, 4thInternational Conference on Recent Advancements in Chemical, Environmental and Energy Engineering (RACEEE), 2019.
- Sujith Kumaar S, Sharath J Kumar, N. Arun Prem Anand, Optimization of Tri-Ethylene Glycol (TEG) Dehydration Process Using Aspen Hysys, International Conference on Mathematical Methods, Modeling and Simulation in Chemical Sciences (ICMMSC), SSN College of Engineering & Society for Advancement of Chemical Sciences and Education, 2018.
- ArunSenthil Sundaramoorthy, Arun Prem Anand Natarajan, Sundaramoorthy Sithanandam, Comparative Performance Analysis of Industrial Scale Catalytic Steam Reformer with Membrane Steam Reformer, European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering, Graz, Austria, 2018.
- Arun Prem Anand, Waste Management Practices in Iron and Steel Industry, 3rdInternational Conference on Advances in Biotechnology, Civil and Mechanical Science, 17-18 March 2017, Selvam College of Technology, Namakkal.
- Arun Prem Anand, Environment Impact Assessment of Textile Industry Effluent using Checklist Method, 6thInternational Conference on Technology Development on Agriculture, Energy and Environmental Engineering for Green World, 21-22 February 2017, Vivekanandha College of Engineering for Women, Tiruchengode.
National Conference Papers
- Sriram S, N.Arun Prem Anand, Dynamics of CSTR using Aspen HYSYS, National Conference on Technological innovation on clean energy generation and environmental remediation, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 2019.
- Arun Prem Anand, Simulation of Reactive Distillation column using Aspen plus, National Conference on Pollution Control Strategies in Chemical and related industries, 10-11 March, 2017, S.V.University College of Engineering, Tirupati.
- Arun Prem Anand, Simulation of Atmospheric crude distillation unit using Aspen plus, National Conference on Advances in Chemical and Biotechnology for sustainable future, 31 March, 2016, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai.
- Arun Prem Anand, Survey of Solid waste management in steel industries, National Conference on Advances in Chemical and Biotechnology for sustainable future, 31 March, 2016, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai.
- Arun Prem Anand, Dynamic Simulation of Extractive Distillation using Aspen Plus, National Conference on Advances in Chemical and Biotechnology for sustainable future, 31 March, 2016, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai.
- Arun Prem Anand, G. Hima bindu, Review on Process integration, National Conference on Advances in computational methods for simulation of transport processes in engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 24th – 26th June, 2015.
- Arun Prem Anand, G. Hima bindu,CFD Simulation of Ozone decomposition in a fluidized bed reactor, National Conference on Advances in computational methods for simulation of transport processes in engineering , Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 24th – 26th June, 2015.
- Fetcia Jackulin, N. Arun Prem Anand,Simulation of Cumene production using Aspen plus , National Conference on recent trends in clean technology for sustainable environment, 10 April, 2015, Chennai.
- Anusha, N.Arun Prem Anand,Surfactant generated aqueous Ethanol based foam characterization , National Conference on recent trends in clean technology for sustainable environment, 10 April, 2015, Chennai.
- Harshal Kharwade, N. Arun Prem Anand, Environmental impact assessment of textile industry effluent, TACEE-2012, BITS-Pilani.
- Arun Prem Anand, Chayakantha Acharya, Modelling and Simulation of a membrane contactor for amine absorption of Carbon-di-oxide from flue gas, RACE-2012, UDCT, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- Pradipta Chattopadhyay, N. Arun Prem Anand, Impact of surfactants on aqueous ethanol- based foam generation, SCHEMCON 2012, BITS-Pilani.
- Ashish M.Gujrathi, Harshal Kharwade, N. Arun Prem Anand, CFD simulation of fluidized bed reactor, CHEMCON 2011, Bengaluru.
- Process Debottlenecking studies on Poly Iso-Butylene Plant using Aspen Plus, IndCzech Engineering Private Limited, Chennai.
- CFD Simulation studies on raw gas preheater, Thirumalai Chemicals, Ranipet.
1.National level Seminar on Industrial Safety, Health and Environment, 19 April 2017 IIChE-Chennai Regional Centre.
2.Two day seminar on Software Packages for Dynamic Modeling and Distributed Control Systems, Department of Chemical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 16- 17 March 2018
3.National level Seminar on Technological Advancements in Fuel Cell Research, 9-10 September 2016, Department of Chemical Engineering & IIChE-SVCE student chapter.
4.National Conference on Advances in computational methods for simulation of transport processes in engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 24 – 26 June, 2015.
5.National Conference on Recent trends in clean technology for sustainable environment, April 2015, Chennai.
6.National level Seminar on Computational Techniques and Practices for Simulation of Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer in Chemical Engineering, 26-27 September 2014, Department of Chemical Engineering & IIChE-SVCE student chapter.
7.National level Seminar on the Miracle of Material Choice towards safety and environment in process industries at Department of Chemical Engineering, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, during September 6 – 7, 2013.
Faculty Development Program
1.QIP short term course on concepts in Chemical Reaction Engineering, IISc Bengaluru, 10 to14 June 2019.
2.Faculty Development Programme on Recent Advances in Pollution Abatement, SSN College of Engineering, 26 to 30 November, 2018.
3.Two day refresher course on Chemical Industry Fluid Flow organized by Indian Chemical Council, Southern Region and Thirumalai Chemicals on 28 to 29 April 2017.
4.Fluid Flow Operations held at Bharathidasan Institute of Technology, Anna University, Trichy during 19 to 25 December 2016.
5.Contemporary trends in process system engineering and management held at Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore during 10 to 14 November 2014.
Online Courses (NPTEL)
2.Phase Equilibrium Thermodynamics
3.Waste to Energy Conversion
Design – Module Member
Faculty Advisor IV Year-A2
PMS (Server + Computational Facility) Lab In-Charge
Professional objective coordinator
Report Mgmt. and Stationery Request