|Name||Dr. M. PREM ANANTH|
|Areas of Interest||Tribology FEM Material Characterization|
|Email Id (Official)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Email Id (Personal)||email@example.com|
- Ph.D – Tribology, Anna university, Chennai
- M.E.-MECHANICAL-2001-MADRAS UNIVERSITY
- B.E.-MECHANICAL ENGINEERING-2000-MANONMANIAM SUNDARANAR UNIVERSITY
- SVCE, Sriperumbudur-Associate Professor – 01-07-2014 to till date
- SVCE, Sriperumbudur-Assistant Professor
- SRIRAM ENGINEERING COLLEGE-Senior Lecturer
- MOHAMED SATHAK A.J. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, CHENNAI.-Faculty
- S.A. ENGINEERING COLLEGE, CHENNAI-Faculty
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Mechanics of Machines
- Kinematics of Machines
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Analysis and Simulation lab
- Engineering Practices lab
- Strength of Materials lab
- Dynamics Lab
- Computer Aided Graphics
- Computer Applications in Design
- Computer Aided Process Planning
Title of the Project:
Best Paper Award:
TAFE Best Paper Award:
Applied to get the patent for the invention of MULTI NUT REMOVER FOR AUTOMOBILES.
- Consultancy work was carried out on Conveyor design for Moulden material transportation for the multinational company Melss automation. The project amount was Rs.60,000/-.
Research/Consultancy work Facility Development:
International Journal Publications:
- Published a paper titled Finite Element Analysis for Optimal Reinforcement Around the Nozzle Hole Openings in Thin and Thick Walled Pressure Vessel Cylinders in International Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Vol.2 (2), pp. 125-133, December-2008.
- M.Prem Ananth, R.Ramesh Published a paper titled Analysis of sliding behavior of non-conformal contacting surfaces subjected to shear traction in the international journal-Procedia Engineering-Elsevier publications Vol (38), 2012, pp. 2645-2656. doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2012.06.311
- M.Prem Ananth and Dr.R.Ramesh Tribological Investigation of Nano Composite Coated Titanium Alloy Surfaces under Unidirectional Sliding published in Advanced Materials Research, Trans Tech Publications, Vols. 622-623 (2013) pp 787-790. doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.622-623.787
- Paper titled Influence of surface texture on tribological performance of AlCrN nano composite coated titanium alloy surfaces has been accepted for publication in International Journal Engineering Tribology, SAGE Publications, 227(10), pp. 1157-1164. DOI: 10.1177/1350650113482826.
- Paper titled Experimental Investigaton of Nano-Composite coated stainless steel (316L) surfaces under unidirectional sliding has been published in Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 440 (2014), pp 37-41, Transtech Publications, Switzerland, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.440.37.
- Prem Ananth M. and Ramesh R. Tribological Improvement of Titanium Alloy Surfaces Through Texturing and TiAlN Coating has been accepted for publication in Surface Engineering Journal-Maney Publications, 2014.
- Paper entitled Reciprocating Sliding Wear Performance of Hard Coating on Modified Titanium Alloy Surface has been published in Tribology Transactions- Taylor & Francis Publications, vol. 58, pp. 169-176.
- Paper entitled Experimental Evaluation of Mechanical Characterisation and Comparison of Glass Fibre and Fibre Inforcement with Aluminium Alloy (GFRAA) has been published in International Journal of Applied Engineering Research – Research India Publications, ISSN 0973-4562 Vol. 9 No.26 (2014) pp. 9048-9051.
- M. PREM ANANTH and R. RAMESH Sliding wear characteristics of solid lubricant coating on titanium alloy surface modified by laser texturing and ternary hard coatings, Transactions of Nonferrous Metal Society of China, Vol. 27, pp. 839-847, (2017).
- Vijay V and Prem Ananth M Effect of Dimple Geometry on Uni-Directional Sliding Wear Performance International Conference on Advances in Materials, Manufacturing and Applied Sciences (ICAMMAS 17) organised by Sri Sairam Institute of Technology, Chennai, 30-31st March 2017.
National Journal Publications:
- Published a paper titled Optimization of Nozzle Hole Reinforcement Parameters and Wall Thickness in Cylindrical Pressure Vessel Using FEM in Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, Vol.3, Issue.4, 2008.
National Conference Publications:
- Published a paper titled Stress concentration at the edges of the reinforced opening in the pressure vessel in the national conference held on 3rd Mrch 2006 at SVCE, Chennai.
- Published a paper titled Computational fluid dynamics analysis of flow over elliptical cylinder in the national conference held on 29-30th March, 2006 at Adhiyaman college of engineering, Hosur.
- Published a paper titled Finite Element Analysis of Stress around a reinforced opening of a pressure vessel in the national conference held on 24-25, January 2008 at Crescent Engineering College.
- Published a paper titled Three dimensional finite element analysis for optimal reinforcement around the openings in a pressure vessel cylinder in the national conference held on 12-13, March 2008 at Kalasalingam University, Srivilliputhur.
- Published a paper titled Performance Improvement in the Slotter Machine by Flywheel with Variable Radius of Gyration in the national conference held on 21st August, 2008 at Karpagam Engineering College (Autonomous), Coimbatore.
- Published a paper titled Finite Element Analysis on Pressurized Circular and Elliptic Crossbore Intersection in the national conference held on 24-25 April, 2009 at Paavai Engineering College, Namakkal.
- Published a paper titled Analysis of Contact Behaviour of Stainless Steel Cam over Brass Roller Follower for Automotive Applications Using FEM in the national conference held on 10-11 July, 2009 at IIIT-Madras, Chennai.
- Published a paper titled Investigation on the Effect of Roller Follower Material on the Contact Behaviour of Stainless Steel Cam for Automotive Applications Using FEM in the national conference held on11-12 December,2009 at IIT-Delhi.
- Published a paper titled Analysis of sliding behaviour of non conformal contacting surfaces subjected to shear traction in the national conference AIM ENGG-20011 held on 3-5th January 2011 at Manipal University, Karnataka. The same paper won the BEST PAPER AWARD.
- Selvaraj, M. Prem Ananth and R.Ramesh Puublished a paper titled Sliding behavior of coated surfaces in the national conference organized by Vels University, on 11th April 2012 at Chennai.
International Conference Publications:
- Published a paper titled Performance Improvement in the Slotter Machine by Flywheel With Variable Speed and Radius of Gyration in the International Conference on Advances in Mechanical and Building Sciences in the 3rd Millennium (ICAMB 2009), held on December 14-16, 2009 at VIT University, Vellore.
- Published a paper titled Finite Element Analysis to optimize flange profile for safe operating conditions in the International Conference on Advances in Materials, Mechanics and Management, held on January 14-16, 2010 at College of Engineering, Trivandrum.
- M.Prem Ananth, Sriramraj, Sriram and Solayappan published a paper titled Design and development of multi nut remover for automobile applications in the International conference organized by VIT university, Vellore. 2011.
- Karthik B, Prem Ananth M and Ramesh R; published a paper titled Tribological Investigation of Titanium Alloy Surfaces Under Reciprocating Sliding, in the International conference on Engineering Materials and Processes, on 23rd and 24th May 2013 organised by Tagore Engineering College, Chennai.
- Deric Moses and Prem Ananth M; ; published a paper titled Design of CAM, in the International conference on Engineering Materials and Processes, on 23rd and 24th May 2013 organised by Tagore Engineering College, Chennai.
- M.Prem Ananth R. Ramesh; published a paper titled Unidirectional sliding wear performance of bilayer PVD coating on modified titanium alloy surfaces in the international conference on SERIA 2013, on 7-9 August 2013 at Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai.
- M.Prem Ananth R. Ramesh, M.Suresh, Siva and Sunil published a paper titled Investigation of tribological behavior of coating on stainless steel substrate in the international conference on AMSED 2013, on 21-23, September 2013 held at Singapore.
- M.Prem Ananth R. Ramesh; published a paper titled Tribological Performance of hard and wear resistance composite coating on modified titanium alloy surfaces under reciprocating sliding in the international conference on ICAT14, on 21-24, February – 2014 at National Institute of Technology Calicut-Kerala.
- Participated in the one-day workshop titled Recent Trends and Research scope in CAM held at Vellammal Engineering College on 18th February 2006.
- Participated in the workshop on Application of FEA packages at SSN, Chennai during December 21-22, 2006.
- Participated in the 3 days training program on Instructional design and delivery at SVCE, from 4th 6th January, 2007.
- Participated in the one-day workshop titled Finite Element an Introduction held at RMK Engineering College on 14 & 15th December 2007.
- Participated in the one-day training program titled Intellectual Property Rights held at SVCE on 29th July, 2008.
- Participated in the AUTOCAD Products & development technical seminar held at box shreton, Chennai on October, 2008.
- Participated in the one-day AICTE sponsored National Seminar on KAIZEN-The Stepping Stone for Innovations and Inventions held at Rajalakshmi Engineering College-Chennai on 20th & 21st March, 2009.
- Participated in the Pro/E technical seminar held at Hotel Benz Park, Chennai on June, 2009.
- Participated in the two days conference titled IPROMM-2009 held on 10-11 July, 2009 at IIIT-Madras, Chennai.
- Attended a national workshop on Surface Engineering organised by Annamalai University on 9-10, April 2010.
- Attended a One-Day program on Modern Trends on Surface Engineering organised by VIT University, Chennai campus on 22nd January 2011.
- Attended a National seminar on Tribology and Materials conducted by IIT Madras on 26th August 2011.
- Attended a seminar on Latest Advancement in Automotive Testing organized by Atalon&SVCE on 12/03/2012.
- Atetended a seminar on Simulation, Measurements and Condition Monitoring organized by Atalon&SVCE on 07/09/2012.
- Attended two day national workshop on advanced engineering optimization and modeling using MATLAB & SCILAB on 29 & 30 Nov-12 at Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai.
- Attended the International Conference on Manufacturing Science and Technology (ICMST-2012) at New Delhi on 18th and 19th August, 2012.
- Attended the EIS TECHNOVA 2013 held on 20th Dec 2013 at Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, Siruseri, Chennai.
- Attended the seminar on Technology Day 2014 – CAD CAM CAE on 19th February 2014 at Chennai organized by SIM Technologies Pvt Ltd.
- Attended one day national workshop on Advances in metal inert gas (MIG) welding process on 18 Feb-2014 organised by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur.
- Faculty Development Program:
- Invited as a resource person for the faculty development program on Strength of Materials on 08-03-2013 by St.Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai.
- Invited as a resource person for the faculty development program on Dynamics of Machinery on 26-06-2013 by St.Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai.
- Invited as a resource person for the faculty development program on Design of Machine Elements between 13th-20th June 2014 by SVCE, Chennai.
PG-CAD LAB INCHARGE
Head – CAD/CAM Centre
Faculty Advisor – II yr M.E CAD