|Areas of Interest||Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering, Bio Physics, Biochemical Toxicology and Free Radical Biology, Phytomedicine and Anti Oxidant Therapy, Genomics and Proteomics, Protein Engineering, Cancer Biology, Environmental Biotechnology, Nano biotechnology, Neurobiology, Tissue Engineering, Regenerative Medicine, Degenerative Diseases, Experimental Laboratory Small Animal Studies.|
|Intercom No.||580, 582, 576|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Ph. D – Biochemistry “Biochemical Studies on the Cardioprotective effect of Mangiferin on Isoproterenol Induced Myocardial Infarction in Rats” January 2005 (Degree Awarded – 2006).
- SLET – Biochemistry (State Level Education Test) passed during the year of March, 1998.
- M. Phil – Biochemistry (“Biochemical Effect of Tefroli on Cadmium Chloride Induced Hepatotoxic Rats”) August- 1995, Madras University, Guindy Campus, Chennai, India.
- M. Sc – Biochemistry, Fermentation Technology, 1994 Madras University, Guindy Campus, Chennai, India
- B. Sc – Biochemistry, April 1992, Madras University, India
Total Experience: 25 Years
- Lecturer, Department of Biochemistry, Jaya College of Arts and Science, Thirunindravur, Chennai- 602024 (1 Year) 1995 – 1996.
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Biochemistry, SIVET College, Gowrivakkam, Chennai- 73 (9 Years) 1996 – 2005.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Biotechnology, Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Selaiyur, Chennai- 73 (2 Years) 2005 – 2007.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology, SVCE, Pennalur, Sriperumbudur Tk, 602117 (4 Years) 2007 – 2011.
- Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, SVCE, Pennalur, Sriperumbudur Tk- 602117 (8 Years) 2011 – 2019.
- Professor, Department of Biotechnology, SVCE, Pennalur, Sriperumbudur Tk- 602117 (Currently Working) 2019 – Till Date.
Theory Subjects Handled for B.Tech
- Genetic Engineering
- Molecular Biology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Protein Engineering
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Cancer Biology
- Neurobiology and Cognitive Sciences
Theory Subjects Handled for M.Tech
- Genomics and Proteomics
Laboratory classes handled for B.Tech
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Bioorganic chemistry
Laboratory classes handled for M.Tech
- Preparative and Analytical Techniques in Biotechnology
Project Mentor for U.G and P.G students:
Laboratory Manuals Prepared
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis Lab
- Biochemistry Lab
- Immunology Lab
- Preparative and analytical techniques in biotechnology
Ph. D Programme – Supervisor
- Recognised Research Supervisor to guide Ph. D and M.S by Research programme under Anna University, Chennai in the research areas of Biochemistry and Biotechnology.
- As a Joint supervisor, guided a part time Ph. D research scholar (Mr. P. K. Praveen Kumar) in the Department of Biotechnology at SVCE under Anna University, Chennai, From February, 2016- June 2020.
- Akshaya R., Subhasree S., S. Prabhu. “Medicinal Properties of Abutilon indicum”. International Journal of Medical Sciences & Pharmaceutical Research, Volume (1), Issue (1), 2017, pp 73-81
- Bhargavi Narayanan, S. Prabhu. “A Review on Biological Properties of Aloe Vera” Plant. International Journal for Innovative Research in Science & Technology 3 (09), 2017, pp 131-134
- V. Ananad, S. Prabhu., “Review on biogas production from Tapioca Processing Industry”, International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR), 4 (2), 2017, pp 67-70
- S. Kalaivanan, S. Vinod Kambli, S. Visvanathan, S. Prabhu. “Interaction Studies On Catecholamines To Cellular Receptors Using Insilico Approach”. Artery Research, Article -in Press.
- Prabhu Sukumaran & V. Sandhya, Liposome Nanocarrier: Synthesis, Characterization, and Applications. A Book Chapter In: Pradipta Ranjan Rauta, et al ed., Nanotechnology in Biology and Medicine. Research Advancements & Future Perspectives., Taylor and Francis publication, August, 2019, pp- 45-60
- S. Prabhu, M. Jainu, K.E. Sabitha and C. S. Shyamala Devi. A study on the beneficial effect of margi mangiferin on isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in rats-Research Article. Pharmacognosy magazine, 1 (3), 92-96, 2005.
- S. Prabhu, M. Jainu, K.E. Sabitha and C. S. Shyamala Devi. Cardioprotective effect of mangiferin on isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in rats.Indian Journal of experimental Biology (3), 209-215, 2006.
- S. Prabhu, M. Jainu, K.E. Sabitha and C. S. Shyamala Devi. Role of mangiferin on biochemical alterations and antioxidant status in isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in rats. J.Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Aug 11;107(1): 126-33.
- S. Prabhu, M. Jainu,K.E. Sabitha and C. S. Shyamala Devi.Effect of mangiferin on mitochondrial energy & production in experimentally induced myocardial infarcted rats. Vascular Pharmacology.44(6):519-25, 2006.
- S.Prabhu and C.S. Shyamala Devi. Protective Effect of Mangiferin an active Phytochemical Cardio Tonic from Mangifera Indica Linn on Isoproterenol induced Myocardial infarcted Rats. Electrocardiographic, Electrophoretic and Biochemical Evidences-Research Article. Pharmacognosy magazine.
- S. Prabhu. Protective Effect of Tefroli a polyherbal mixture (Tonic) on cadmiumchloride induced hepato toxic rats. Pharmacognosy magazine. 2 (6), 112-118, 2006.
- Prabhu and C.S.Shyamala Devi. Efficacy of mangiferin on serum and heart tissue lipids in rats subjected to isoproterenol induced cardiotoxicity.Toxicology 228 (2),2006.
- S Prabhu, Kirubanandan, M Sivanandham published a review article entitled “Biomaterials-A Short overview” in a Proceedings of National Conference on Current Trends in Biomaterials, held on 2008, pp. 11- 17
- S Prabhu, S Narayan, CS Devi.Mechanism of protective action of mangiferin on suppression of inflammatory response and lysosomal instability in rat model of myocardial infarction.Phytotherapy Research 23 (6), 756-760, 2009
- S Prabhu.Effect of mangiferin on isoproterenol induced cardiotoxicity in rats- A preliminary study.LAP- LAMBERT ACADEMIC PUBLISHING, GERMANY, 2011
- S Prabhu, KP Eldho. Insulin like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and its influence on Lifestyle diseases- A Review IJCSET 3 (1-2), 1-10, 2012
- S Prabhu, EK Poulose Silver nanoparticles: mechanism of antimicrobial action, synthesis, medical applications, and toxicity effects International Nano Letters 2 (32), 1-10, 2012
- Visva, S Prabhu, Sulochana, Sivanandham, Karpagam Biochemical and Insilico Clotting activity of Latex from Asclepias Curassaivica L. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 4 (4), 542-552, 2013
- S Prabhu, Raghavi, Karthigeyan Protective Effect of Plectranthus amboinicus leaf extract containing Luteolin flavanoid in Isoproterenol Hydrochloride induced Myocardial Infarction in Rats An Assessment on Biochemical and Cellular Changes- An Experimental Model study Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 4 (4), 195-198, 2013
- S Prabhu, Prathiba, Visvanathan, Vinodkumar Nanopartcle mediated drug delivery systems- A Review Research Journal of Engineering and Technology 4 (4), 295-299, 2013
- S Prabhu Genetic and biochemical risk factors for type 2 diabetes mellitus INDIAN JOURNAL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY 12 (4), 447-450, 2013
- S Prabhu, B Sangeetha, G Sweetha A Review on Curcumin Nanoparticles and Its Controlled Delivery to Treat Degenerative Diseases Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 3 (4), 93-97, 2013
- S Prabhu, S Viswanathan Biomedical properties of the antioxidant Luteolin. Annals of Plant Sciences 3 (4), 674-685, 2014
- S PRABHU, VG KARTHIGEYAN Protective Effect of Garcinone E against Acetaminophen Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats Innnovative Approach in StemCell R,Cancer B&APP BT-pp.128,ISBN:978-93-83083-79-4, 2014
- S Prabhu, KP Eldho A Review on Recombinant Tissue Plasminogen Activator: In Vitro Synthesis and Its Use in Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke Open Access Library Journal, 1, 1-6, 2014
- Viswanathan.S, Prathiba Srinivasan, Prabhu.S. Adenoviruses in Gene Therapy- A Review. Bioengineering and Bioscience 3(1): 1-5, 2015
- R Vaiyshnavi, S Geethaa, S Prabhu, Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of silver nanoparticles from Tamarindus indica (L.) seed coat extract, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research 7 (5), 1023-103
- Jasmine Ruth Anto and Sukumaran Prabhu, Biosynthesis of ZnO Nanoparticles by Premna Integrifolia Leaf Extract and its Antibacterial and Cytotoxic Activities, International Journal of Biological & Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2015, 2 (3) 75-82
- Karthigeyan V.G., Prabhu Sukumaran, Protective Effect of Garcinone E antioxidant Against Acetaminophen Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats, International Journal of Basic and Applied Biology, 2014: 1 (2), pp. 27-32
- Nanthitha R, Yamini Swetha, S. Prabhu (2018). Invitro evaluation of ant inflmatory and anti urolithiatic activity of chichorium intybus leaves extract. Academia Journal of Medicinal Plants. 6(6), 115-12.
- Lakshminarayanan CP., S. Prabhu (2018). Anti diabetic effect of polyphenols of Tamarind Seed Coat Extracts and Its Experimental analysis on Streptozotocin Induced Diabetic Mice. Global Journal of Bioscience and Biotechnology. 7(4), 516-524.
- Citations, H index, i10 index- Google Scholar My Citations- Dr. Sukumaran Prabhu
- Prabhu, S, Santhya V, Punithavathi A, Atul S, Entrapment of Mangiferin polyphenol in PLGA Nanoparticles for the treatment of Lung Cancer, Application No: 201941036882 – 13th September 2019, Current Status- Patent Filed.
Doctoral Committee Member (DC Member)
- Department of Biotechnology, SSIET, Chembarambakkam, Chennai – 69 (From 2018 to till date)
- Department of Biotechnology, MGR Educational Research Institution, Maduravoyal, Chennai-95 (From 2019 to till date)
- CBT, Anna University, Chennai- 25 (From 2018 to till date)
- Department of Biotechnology, REC, Thandalam, Chennai- 602105 (From 2019 to till date)
- National Conference on Biotechnological Strategies for Research held on 19th February, 2007 organized by Biovision 2007, Department of Biotechnology, Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Selaiyur, Chennai- 73
- National Conference on Current Trends in Biomaterials, sponsored by DBT, New Delhi held on 18th July, 2008 Conducted by Department of Biotechnology at SVCE, Sriperumbudur- 602105
- National Conference on Medical Biotechnology and Clinical Research held on 2nd and 3rd October, 2009, organized by M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology and Sri M.Visveswaraya Institute of Technology at J. N. TATA Auditorium, IISc Campus, Bangalore.
- National Level Seminar on Ethical Issues in Biomedical Research held on 17th December 2009, Conducted by Department of Biomedical Engineering at SSN College of Engineering, Chennai.
- Attended 3 days National Science Seminar on Regulation of Biochemical and Cellular Processes in Diverse Systems on December 13th, 14th and 15th December, 2010 in Indian institute of Science, at Bangalore.
- Attended 2 Days Second International Seminar “Frontiers of Stem Cell And Biotechnology In Human And Veterinary Medicine” held on 18th and 19th July, 2011 at Madras Veterinary College, Chennai, Jointly Organized by Madras Veterinary College, Chennai, Niche-in Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Chennai and Virginia -Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Viginia Tech, USA.
- Attended a conference on “Frontiers in Ms Technology and Emerging Applications” conducted in Indian Institute of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry at Guindy, Chennai on 28th November, 2011.
- Attended 3 days International Conference on “Medical Genetics and Genomics” conducted by Department of Biomedical Science, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, held on 12th, 13th and 14th December, 2011.
- Attended National Symposium on Recent trends in basic sciences: Translation from Bench to bedside conducted in Frontier life line institute (Frontier Mediville), Elavur Village, Gummidipoondi Taluk, Thiruvallur District, Chennai on 21st January, 2012.
- Attended National Conference On Emerging Trends in Environmental Biotechnology at SVCE on 28th February 2012.
- Attended 2 days IAAM National conference on exploring the potentials of microbes for bioscience, Biotechnology and medicine Microciencia 2012 on 17th and 18th at SRM University, Chennai.
- Participated in the deliberation of the National Colloquium on In Silico Modeling in Molecular Medicine held on 20th June, 214, at Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Puducherry.
- Attended 3 days Third Indian Biodiversity Congress conducted by IBC, at SRM University, Chennai from 18th to 20th December, 2014.
- Participated in National Conference on “Applications of Modern Biotechnology” during 4th & 5th February 2016 conducted by Department of biotechnology, SVCE
- International Conference and workshop on innovations and challenges in biotechnology on 24th January 2006 to 27th January 2006, at Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Selaiyur, Chennai- 73
- Workshop on Developing Entrepreneurship Skills in Biotechnology For Students and Their Parents, Sponsored by TNSCST, Chennai and DBT, Delhi on 10th March 2008, organized by Department of Biotechnology, at SVCE, Sriperumbudur- 602105
- National Workshop on Recent Trends in Industrial Bioprocesses on 10th to 12th September- 2009, organized by Department of Biotechnology, at SVCE, Sriperumbudur- 602105
- National workshop on real-time PCR for the diagnosis of diseases and molecular evaluation, on February 16th to 17th, 2010. Organized by Department of Biotechnology, at SVCE, Sriperumbudur- 602105
- National workshop on “Recent Trends in Instrumentation in Quality Control & Quality Assurance in Bioprocess Industries” on 27th and 28th September, 2010. Organized by Department of Biotechnology, at SVCE, Sriperumbudur- 602105
- Workshop on “Recent Trends in the Diagnosis of Malignant Diseases” on 27th November, 2010. Organized by Clinical Biochemistry Department, Cancer Institute (WIA), Adayar, Chennai- 20.
- Workshop on Biological Nuclear Transmutation “ Historical Perspective and Applications on 15th February, 2011. Organized by Department of Biotechnology, school of Bioengineering, SRM University, Kattankulathur, Chennai.
- Workshop in recent trends in National Workshop on Current Trends in Drug Design by Bioinformatics Tool on 24 and 25th February, 2011. Organized by Department of Biotechnology, at SVCE, Sriperumbudur- 602105
- Workshop in “Current Trends in the Biotechnology of Vaccines” held on 19th and 20th October, 2011, Organized by Department of Biotechnology, a SVCE, Sriperumbudur 602105
- Attended Workshop and Training on Molecular Simulation and sequence analysis from 12th December to 15th December, 2012 conducted by Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai.
- Attended National Workshop on “Modern Biotechnological Approaches for Food Processing at SVCE on September 13 & 14, 2012.
- Attended National workshop on “Phytoproducts for Human Health and Environmental Sustainability” on 27th & 28th February 2013 at SVCE
- Attended 2days National Workshop on Emerging Trends in Molecular and Recombinant DNA technology Sponsored by CSIR- New Delhi, held on 20th and 21st of September, 2013.
- Attended National Workshop on Pilot Scale Mamamalian Cell Culture Using Wave Bioreactor sponsored by Wipro GE health Care Pvt Ltd, held on 12th November, 2013 at SVCE, Sriperumbudur.
- Attended National Workshop on Isolation, Culutre and Differentiation of Stem Cells sponsored by DBT & ICMR- New Delhi held on 20th and 21st of March, 2014.
- Attended two days National Workshop on Recent Trends in Computer Aided Drug Design held on 26th and 27th September, 2014.
- Attended two days National Workshop sponsored by DBT- New Delhi on National workshop on Current Research in Molecular Toxicology held on 20th and 21st of February, 2015.
- Participated in National Workshop on ‘Food Safety and Quality Control’ conducted by Department of Biotechnology, SVCE on 11th &12th April,2016.
- Attended Two days National Workshop on contemporary research in Genetic engineering Techniques organized by Department of Biotechnology at SVCE from 9th September, 2016 to 10th September, 2016
- Attended 5 Days DBT& ICMR sponsored National workshop on “Understanding the Molecular Aspects of Microbial Drug Resistance: An Emerging Microbial Threat to Health” organized by Department of Biotechnology, SVCE from 5th December, 2016 to 10th December, 2016.
- Attended ICMR- New Delhi sponsored National Conference on Biology of Therapy and infections on 9th & 10th February, 2018 at SVCE.
- Attended DST- PURSE Sponsored January 2018- Anna University- IWRM 2018 22nd and 23rd January 2018 (Partial sponsorship was provided by SVCE to attend this workshop)
- Attended AICTE Sponsored FDP on Stem Cells Isolation and Characterization and applications at SVCE from Nov 20th to November 2017 to 3rd December 2017.
- Attended the National Salt Fight Conference on Salt Awareness, at IITM, Chennai on 11th November 2017
- Attended the Indian International Science Festival CSIR DST AND at SERC, CSIR Complex from October 13th to 16th October 2017-
- Attended OMICS 2K17 National Level Technical Symposium on 25/09/2017 conducted by Department of Biotechnology at SVCE
- Attended DBT and CSIR Sponsored National Workshop on Metabolic approaches for bioenergy generation August 17th to 18th August 2017 at SVCE
- Attended National Conference on ‘Leveraging Research for Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation” on 7th September Innovatn 2017’ Conference on ‘Leveraging Research for Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation’ being hosted by Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute, Government of Tamil Nadu and Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR).
- Attended the National Workshop on Medical Biomaterials at IIT Madras, 23 and 24 June 2017 (Partial sponsorship was provided by SVCE to attend this workshop)
- Attended National Workshop on “Immunoinformatics for Drug And Vaccine Design” during 24th – 25th August, 2018.
- Participated a National workshop on “Intellectual property rights & Art of writing funding proposals & Journal articles” During 05th & 06th October, 2018 held at Rajalakshmi Institute of Technology, Chennai.
- Attended two days National Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights and Art of Writing Research Proposal and Journal Articles from 05/10/2018 & 6/10/2018
- Attended National Workshop on ‘Real Time PCR and Other Amplification Techniques’ on 20.3.2019 at SVCE
- Attended “BIOTRYST 2019, A National Biotechnology summit” sponsored by M/s. Levim Biotech LLP, M/s. LifeCell International Private Limited, M/s. Manya – The Princeton Review, Janaki Scientific Company during 24.01.2019 – 25.01.2019 at SVCE.
- Attended National Conference on “Innovations in TB Diagnostics” during December 18-20, 2018 at SVCE
- Participated in “BIOFEST 2017” held on 3rd-5th March at IIT Madras.
- Participated in National level workshop on “Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay for the Determination of Immunological Binders” Sponsored by M/s. Janaki Scientific Company, Chennai on 2nd March, 2017.
- Participated in National level workshop on “Metabonomics- Analytical and Bioanalytical Methods on Development of Biomarkers for Drug Discovery and Safety” Sponsored by DBT, Govt of India, New Delhi on 17-18th February, 2017.
- Participated in “Popular Lectures on Biotechnology” Sponsored by DBT, Govt of India, New Delhi on 10th February, 2017.
- Attended five days quality improvement programme in Genetic Engineering Principles and Applications organized by IISC, Bangalore from 24th April, 2017 to 28th April, 2017
- Attended Two- day workshop on “Strategies for Bio-Entrepreneurship” on 1st & 2nd of February 2017 at Anna University, Chennai.
- Attended Two days Workshop on Medical Biomaterials on 23-24, June-2017 at IIT Madras, Chennai.
FDP & Short Time Training Programme Attended
- Attended one week faculty training programme on quality development programme conducted by NITTTR, Chennai from 11th May, 2009 to 16th May, 2009 at SVCE.
- Attended 5 days short time training programme on Bioprocess and Down-stream processing techniques from 3rd June, 2013 to 7th June, 2013 at SVCE, Sriperumbudur.
- Attended 2 weeks FDP programme on Entrepreneurship Sponsored by NSTEDB, DST, New Delhi, held between 2nd to 14th December, 2013 at SVCE, Sriperumbudur
- Attended in TEQIP- II sponsored FDP on Advances in Industrial Bioprocess and Downstream Process held between 26th to 28th June, 2014 at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Attended 5 days training programme on Bioprocess Techniques from 14th- 18th April, 2015 in Bioprocess laboratory, SVCE, Sriperumbudur conducted by Special Instruments Consortium India Pvt Ltd (SICIL).
- Attended one day FDP on teaching methodologies held on 6th June, 2015 conducted by Spiro Solutions Pvt. Ltd at Chennai.
- Presented a seminar talk on “Molecular Mechanism of Protein Protein Interaction” during Faculty Improvement Programme (FIP) on Protein- Protein Interaction conducted by Department of Biotechnology at SVCE on 26th and 27th October, 2015
- Attended 3 days quality initiatives in outcome based technical education organized by IEEE education society, Hyderabad section and Matrusri Engineering College, Hyderabad during 1st September, 2016 to 3rd September, 2016.
- Attended five days quality improvement programme in NMR technique for structural analysis and applications organized by IISC, Bangalore from 21st November, 2016 to 25th November, 2016
- Attended QIP short term course on Advances in Genetic Engineering and Transgenic Technology organized by IISC, Bangalore from 25/06/18 to 29/06/18.
- Attended TEQIP III Sponsored FDP on Recent Advancements in Chemical, Biological, Energy and Environment during 22nd -26th April 2019 (5 Days) at CIT, Coimbatore.
- Coordinated a one day National Conference on Current Trends in Biomaterials, sponsored by DBT, New Delhi in the Department of Biotechnology at SVCE on18th July, 2008.
- Coordinated the two days National workshop on Recent Trends in Instrumentation in Quality Control & Quality Assurance in Bioprocess Industries in the Department of Biotechnology at SVCE on 27th and 28th September, 2010.
- Coordinated the two days National Workshop on Current Trends in Drug Design using Bioinformatics Tool in the Department of Biotechnology at SVCE on 24th and 25th February, 2011.
- Coordinated to conduct a National level Students Technical Symposiums Omics-09, Omics-10, Omics-12 and Omics-13 in the year of August 2009, August 2010, August 2012 & August 2013.
- Organized the two days National Workshop on Emerging Trends in Molecular and Recombinant DNA technology Sponsored by CSIR- New Delhi in the Department of Biotechnology at SVCE on 20th and 21st of September, 2013.
- Organized the two days National Workshop on National workshop on Current Research in Molecular Toxicology sponsored by DBT- New Delhi in the Department of Biotechnology at SVCE on 20th and 21st of February, 2015.
- Organized the two days National Workshop on contemporary research in Genetic engineering Techniques sponsored by DBT- Govt. of India and ICMR- New Delhi in the Department of Biotechnology at SVCE from 9th September, 2016 to 10th September, 2016.
- Organized National Workshop on Research investigations in Laboratory Small animals and Research investigations sponsored by CSIR & ICMR, New Delhi from December 14th to 16th December 2017 at SVCE.
Training Programme conducted/Rally organized
- Dr. S. Prabhu, Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology and College Red Ribbon Coordinator has conducted an Orientation/Training programme of AIDS Control on 26th July, 2018 at SVCE sponsored by Tamilnadu AIDS Control Society.
- Dr. S. Prabhu, Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology and College Red Ribbon Coordinator has organized a Societal Awareness Rally on Control and Prevention of AIDS on 1st October 2018 at Pennalur Village near Sriperumbudur.
- Organized National Workshop on Ethics, Selection, Handling and Immunization of Laboratory Small Animals during March 7-9, 2019 at SVCE
- Organized World AIDS Day as RR coordinator on 01/12/2018 at SVCE.
Paper Presented in Conferences
- Presented a research paper in National seminar on Genes to Genomics, on 22nd Sep, 2005, Conducted by Department of Biotechnology at Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Selaiyur, Chennai- 73
- Presented a research paper entitled “Protective effect of Tefroli- A poly herbal formulation against CdCl4 induced hepatoxicity in rats” in International Conference and workshop on innovations and challenges in biotechnology held on 24th January 2006 to 27th January 2006, conducted by Department of Biotechnology at Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Selaiyur, Chennai- 73
- Presented a research paper in National level symposium held on 6-7th Feb, 2006, Conducted by Department of Biotechnology at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Chennai.
- Presented a research paper in National level seminar held on 13th to 14th March, 2006, Conducted by Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai-25.
- Presented a research paper entitled “Nanoparticles Drug Delivery Systems” in National Conference on Transfigures in bioscience and Technology (TBST-13) conducted by Madha Engineering College, Chennai on 13th and 14th September, 2013.
- Presented a research paper entitled “Antioxidant & Anti-lipid peroxidation activities of Premna integrafolia plant leaves extract on hydrogen peroxide induced oxidative stress” during faculty research day held on 17th April, 2015 Organized by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering at Sriperumbudur.
Industrial visit organized for students
- Organized industrial visit to First year M.Tech Biotechnology students of the batch (2016-18) on 4th November, 2016 (Friday) and visited industries namely Padma Devi Sugar Ltd, Distillery Unit and Power Plant” at Palayaseevaram Village, Kanchipuram – 631606.
- Organized industrial visit to First year M.Tech Biotechnology students of the batch (2011-13) to mediclone research industry at Kelambakkam in the year 2011.
- Organized industrial visit to final year B.Tech Biotechnology students of the batch 2009-2013 to poultry feed manufacturing industry at Thiruvallur District in the year 2012
- Organized industrial visit to final year B.Tech Biotechnology students of the batch 2006-2010 at Malladi Pharmaceutical Drugs at Ranipet in the year 2009.
Paper Contributed in Conferences
- Contributed a research paper entitled “Protective effect of Garcinone E antioxidant against Acetaminophen induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats” in World Congress on Stem Cell Research, Cancer Biology and Applied Biotechnology (Biotech 2014) organized by Krishi Sanskriti on 3rd and 4th May, 2014 at JNU, New Delhi.
Delivered Invited talk
- Delivered 2 invited talks on Two Days Department Workshop on outcome based technical education towards achieving NBA accreditation for the faculty members of Department of Biotechnology at SVCE on 2nd and 3rd May, 2017
- Chaired as Judge for poster sessions on Nanational Level Technical symposium ‘OMICS 2K16’ on 24th September 2016 at SVCE.
Department Current Responsibility
- RRC College Coordinator
- Research Objective Coordinator
- Department NBA Coordinator
- Biochemistry Lab In- charge
- Class Committee chairperson for B.Tech
- Senior Life Membership in Inter-National Society for Research & Development from the year of November, 2014.
- Life member in Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biological& Environmental Engineering Society (APCBEES)
- Alumni Member in Islamiah College, Vaniyambadi, Vellore District, Tamilnadu, India
- IAEC member in SVCE
- Life member in ISTE.
- Life member in Society of biological Chemists of India, IISC Bangalore
- Life Member in Asia Federation of Biotechnology Association
- Life Member in Indian Academician and Researchers Association Membership No: M / M – 392
- Editorial member in Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International from July 2020 to July 2024 (Web of Science emerging Journal)
- Editorial member in Plant Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology from July 2020 to July 2024 (Scopus Indexed Journal)
- Editorial Member in Sun Text Biotechnology Journal from July 2020 to July 2024 (Emerging Journal)
- Editorial member in Journal of Pharmacy, Biotechnology and Allied Sciences, Gandhigram, Gujarat 370201, India
- Editorial member in Trade Science Inc. Rajkot – 360 005 Gujarat – INDIA
- Editorial Member in Journal of Enzymology and Metabolism, Open Science Publications
- Editorial Member in International Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics.
- Editorial member in Advances in Bioscience and Bioengineering Journal.
- Editorial member in American Journal of Life Sciences
- Editorial board Member for the Advances in Pharmacology & Clinical Trials (APCT) (Medwin Publisher) Journal
- African Journal of Biotechnology
- Journal of Pharmagonosy magazine
- International Journal of contemporary science, engineering and technology
- Toxicology Journal
- Scientific Research and Essays
- Journal of Nanostructure in chemistry
- Journal of Nanomaterials and molecular nanotechnology
- Journal of Nano Biotechnology
- Journal of Food Science and Technology
- Advances in Biochemistry
- Toxicology and Industrial Health
- American Journal of Life Sciences
- The Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences (JTEHS)
- An International Journal of Food Science
- Journal of Nanomaterials
- Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology
- Annual Research & Review in Biology
- Journal of Basic and Clinical Physiology and Pharmacology
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters
- European Journal of Medicinal Plants
- International Nano Letters, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
- Superlattices and Microstructures
- JAYCEES Award for Highest Mark scored (2nd Rank) in SSLC in Railway High School, Jolarpettai, Vellore District, Tamilnadu in 1985
- Mathematical Aptitude Award in the year 1987
- Tamil Maanavar Mandram award in 1987
- Best Student Award for Proficiency in Studies in Biochemistry from Islamiah College, Vaniyambadi, Vellore District, Tamilnadu in 1990 & 1991
- Fifth Rank among Affiliated Colleges in B.Sc Biochemistry under University of Madras, Chennai during 1992
- SLET (Lectureship Eligibility Award) by Bharathidasan University at 1998
- Best Paper Award in National Conference and Awarded First Prize (5000 Rs/-) and Certificate in SRM University in 2005
- Life time achievement award from Marquis who is who, USA in medicine and health care for the Biographical record in 2009-10.
- Best Presentation award on Faculty Research Day at Competition held on 2013 at SVCE
- Certificate of appreciation awarded for mentoring the students for the SVCE Student Research Completion held from on 2014 to till date at SVCE
- Under the Co-guidance of Dr. S. Prabhu, B.Tech final year projects, two B.Tech students (Batch 2010-14) received INAE-2014 award for the project work entitled invitro studies on binding of Mangiferin with B lymphocytes.
- Elite Award by NPTEL (National Programme in Technology Enhanced Learning) for Biochemistry Course during the period of January- April 2016
Recognition by Government agencies
- Acted as a Chairman, Vice Chairman for Anna University Examinations Valuation Board.
- Acted as a Squad member for Anna University Examinations.
- Acted as Examiner for University practical and Theory Examinations.
- Appointed as CPCSEA Nominee from 2017 by Ministry of Animal Welfare Division, New Delhi.
- Appointed as Board of Studies Member for a Private College in TN by Anna University, Chennai at 2019.