|Areas of Interest||Metagenomics, Enzymatic Biocatalysis, Bioprocess & Fermentation Technology|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Ph.D., Biotechnology – Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University Chennai, 2014.
- MS (By Research), Biotechnology – Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University Chennai, 2010
- B.Tech. Industrial Biotechnology – Anna University, Chennai [I class with Distinction] 2007.
- Associate Professor Dept. Biotechnology, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur (Dec’2019-till date)
- INSA-Visiting scientist Fellow, IIT Madras (July’2017 – Dec’2017)
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty, Dept. Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology Warangal (Oct’2014-Dec’2019)
- CSIR – Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University Chennai (April’ 2011 – Aug’2014).
- DBT – Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University Chennai (Dec’2010 – Mar’ 2011).
IPR and Ethical Issues in Biotechnology
Industrial Microbiology and Enzyme Technology
Bioprocess Instrumentation and Control
Biological Reaction Engineering
Molecular Modelling and Drug Design
Chemical Reaction Engineering
Bioprocess Engineering (Laboratory)
Bioprocess Instrumentation and Control (Laboratory)
Environmental Microbiology (Laboratory)
Downstream Processing (Laboratory)
Chemical Engineering (Laboratory)
- Metagenome derived nitroreductases for degradation of nitro compounds. DST-INSPIRE, Dept. Science and Technology, Govt. of India. Rs.90.74 Lakhs, 2014-2020.
- Ramya Shree B, Sowjanya B, & Divakar K* (2019), ‘Metagenomic bioprospecting of novel oxygen insensitive nitroreductase for degradation of nitro aromatic compounds’, International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation, 143, 104737.
- Sneha M, Sandhyaa S, Samyuktha R, Hemashree G, Divakar K, Madhurima K, Luis A. Campos, Ashok S, and Athi N. Naganathan (2019), ‘Engineering Order and Cooperativity in a Disordered Protein’, ACS Biochemistry. 58, 2389–2397 .
- Divakar K*, Suryia PM & Gautam P* (2017), ‘Purification, immobilization and kinetic characterization of G-x-S-x-G esterase with short chain fatty acid specificity from Lysinibacillus fusiformis AU01’, Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology. Vol.12, pp.131-141.
- S Nagaraju, Onkara Perumal, Divakar K, Banoth Paplal and Dhurke Kashinath (2017), “On water” synthesis of dibenzo-[1,4]-diazepin-1-ones using L-proline as an organocatalyst, catalyst-free conditions and their evaluation as ?-glucosidase inhibitors, New Journal of Chemistry. Vol. 41, pp.8993-9001.
- Divakar K*, Suryia PM, Nandhini DG & Gautam P* (2017), ‘Kinetic Characterisation and Fed-Batch Fermentation for Maximal Simultaneous Production of Esterase and Protease from Lysinibacillus fusiformis AU01’, Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology. Vol.47, pp.323-332.
- Suryia PM, Divakar K, Deepa APJ, Panneer SG, Balasubramanian N & Gautam, P (2015), ‘Statistical optimization for production of protease and esterase by a newly isolated Lysinibacillus fusiformis AU01: Purification and application of protease in sub culturing animal cell lines’, Annals of Microbiology. Vol.65, pp.33-46.
- Deepa APJ, Divakar K, SuryiaPM, Panneer SG & Gautam, P (2014), ‘Isolation, Purification and Characterization of an organic solvent tolerant Ca2+ dependant protease from Bacillus megaterium AU02’, Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology. Vol. 172, pp.910-932.
- Divakar K & Gautam P (2014), ‘A multi-substrate assay for lipases/esterases: Assessing acyl chain length selectivity by reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography’, Analytical Biochemistry, Vol. 448, pp. 38-40.
- Velu N, Divakar K, Nandhini DG &Gautam P (2012), ‘Lipase from Aeromonas caviae AU04: Isolation, purification and protein aggregation’, Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, vol. 1, pp. 45-50.
- Divakar K, Sujatha V, Barath S, Srinath K & Gautam P (2011), ‘In-Gel staining of proteins in Native Poly Acryl Amide Gel Electrophoresis using Tetrakis(4-Sulfonato Phenyl) Porphyrin (TPPS)’, Analytical Sciences, vol. 27, pp. 101-103.
- Divakar K, Deepa APJ & Gautam P (2010), ‘Purification and characterization of thermostable organic solvent-stable protease from Aeromonas veronii PG01’, Journal of Molecular Catalysis B. Enzymatic, vol. 66, pp.311-318.
Chapters in Book:
- Ramya Shree B and Divakar K* (2019), Fermentative production of secondary metabolites from bioengineered fungal species and their applications, Abd El-Latif Hesham, V. K Gupta, R.S Upadhayay and G.D. Sharma (Eds.) ‘Fungal Biotechnology and Bioengineering’, Springer-Nature pte. Ltd. (In Press)
- Ramya Shree Boddu and Divakar K* (2019), ‘nanosensors for Detection of Toxins and Pathogens in Food’, In Saudagar P and Divakar K (Eds.) ‘Recent Trends in Nanobiotechnology: Food and Biomedical Applications’, (ISBN: 978-1-925823-11-4), Central West Publishing, Australia.
- Ramya Shree Boddu and Divakar K* (2018), Metagenomic insights into environmental microbiome and their application in food/pharmaceutical industry’, In Patra JK, Gitishree D and Han-Seung Shin (Eds.) ‘Microbial Biotechnology: Application in food and pharmacology’, Vol.2, pp.23-38, Springer-Nature pte. Ltd.
- Divakar K*, Deepa APJ, Panneer SG, Suryia PM, Ashwin K, Nandhini DG, Gautam P (2018), ‘Detection of multiple enzymes in fermentation broth using single PAGE analysis’, In Kurien, BT, Scofield, RH, (Eds.), Methods in molecular biology – Protein Gel Detection and Imaging: Methods and Protocols, Springer Protocols.
- Divakar K, Nandhini DG & Gautam P (2012), ‘In-Gel staining of proteins in Native Poly Acryl Amide Gel Electrophoresis using Tetrakis(4-Sulfonato Phenyl) Porphyrin (TPPS). In Kurien, BT, Scofield, RH, (Eds.), Methods in molecular biology – Protein Electrophoresis: Methods and Protocols, vol. 869, pp. 579-584, Springer Protocols, Humana Press.
- Prakash Saudagar & Divakar K (2019), Recent Trends in Nanobiotechnology: Food and Biomedical Applications, (ISBN: 978-1-925823-11-4), Central West Publishing, Australia.
FDP/Workshop/CEP Organised :
- Organised a Continuous Education Program on “Molecular Biotechnology: Tools and Techniques”, NIT Warangal (22nd– 26th October 2018), Funded by TEQIP-III.
- Organised a FDP Workshop on “Teaching and Learning of Molecular Biology and Enzymology through hands on experiences”, NIT Warangal, Funded by PMMMNMTT, MHRD, Gov. of India (18th – 23rd September 2018).
Conference Organised :
- Organised a “National Conference on Molecular Biotechnology”, NIT Warangal (4 & 5th January 2019).
Invited talks :
- Delivered lecture on “Application of metagenomics in animal sciences: From predicting traits to antibiotic resistance for animal health”, Kakatiya University Warangal (26-27th Sep, 2019).
- Delivered lecture on “Environmental antibiotic resistomes, a future threat for human and animal health – Functional metagenomic study” Kakatiya University Warangal (28-29th Mar, 2019)
- Delivered lecture on “Enzymatic Biocatalysis” at AICTE-QIP Short term course on Current scenario in nano & Biotechnological Applications, CIT Coimbatore (2-8th Apr, 2018)
- Delivered lecture on “Functional metagenomics for discovery of enzymes and bioactive compounds” at PDEA Waghire college of arts, commerce and science, PDEAW, Pune (24-25th Jan, 2017)
- Delivered lecture on “Unravelling antibiotic resistant genes from metagenome library of anaerobic microbiome: A Functional Metagenomic Approach” UK-INDIA Workshop on Tackling the Emergence of Antimicrobial Resistance, funded under the prestigious Newton Link Research Grants at IMTECH Chandigarh (7-10th Nov 2016).
- Delivered lecture on “Omics of uncultivable microbes” at DBT, Govt of India sponsored “Workshop & Training on Sequence Analysis and Molecular Simulations” organized by BTIS Centre-Anna University Chennai (17-20thDec 2014).
- Advanced Training of Trainers Workshop on Preparing Resource Persons for FDP on Students Induction, 15-17th Nov”2019, (AICTE Sponsored) IIIT Hyderabad.
- Importance of Intellectual Property Rights, 4th Sep”19, NIT Warangal
- Role of IPR & Innovation Management for Academia ñ Industry for Technology Collaboration and Transfer, 17th Nov”18, NIT Warangal
- FDP on Universal Human Values, 23-27th, Jul”2018, NIT Warangal.
- AICTE-QIP-STTP on Computational Systems Biology, 6-11th Feb”2017, IIT Madras.
- Developing OER-Enabled e-Learning courses using MOODLE, 18-19th, Mar”2017, NIT Warangal.
- Genomic Data Analysis – Hands on Training & Workshop, 4-6th, Nov”2015, ICMR-NIRRH, Mumbai
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCS) MOODLE platform for enhanced learning – Awareness and training workshop, 17-18th Jul”2015, NIT Warangal.
- Hands on training on proteomics applications using LC-MS/MS technology, 23-24th Nov”2011, Agilent Technologies, Bangalore.
- Workshop on how to prepare research projects proposal, 6th Aug”2011, University College of Engineering Villupuram , Anna University.
- Tools beyond the laboratory bench: International workshop on scientific writing, IPR productization and research ethics, 14-19th, Dec”2009, Anna University, Chennai.
National/International Conference/Seminar Attended:
- UK-INDIA Workshop on Tackling the emergence of Antimicrobial Resistance, 7-11 Nov”2017, IMTECH, Chandigarh
- Indo-Italian workshop on food biotechnology: Industrial Processing, Safety & Health, 21-23, Nov”2012, Punjabi University, Punjab
- Biotechnology: UK-India Perspectives- British Council, 13-14 Oct”2011, Anna University Chennai.
- Chennai Chemistry Conference, 11-13 Feb”2011, IIT Madras.
- International Conference on Emerging Trends in Biotechnology ETBT 2009, 4-6, Dec”2009, BHU, Varanasi.
- Recent trends in biotechnology and analytical instrumentation, 5-7 Mar”2008, IIT Madras.
- Recent Trends in Laboratory Diagnosis of Bacterial Infections, 20 Mar 2007, PGIBMS, University of Madras, Chennai.
- Hapten 2K6, National Level Students Symposium 23-24 Marí2006, Arunai Engg. College, Tamil Nadu.
- Emerging Trends in Industrial Biotechnology, 17-18, Febí2006, Vivekanandha College of Engg. Tiruchengode, Tamil Nadu
Implant training/Internship :
- PEPSI Co holdings India Pvt Ltd, Mamandur, 5-15th Sep”2006.
- Krishicare Bioinputs, Porur, Chennai, 3-16th Feb”2006.
- PASIC Bio-fertilizers, Pondicherry, 3-12th Jan”2006.
- Jubilant Biosys, Bangalore, 5-20th Jun”2005.
- Pondicherry Co-operative sugar mill Ltd., Pondicherry, 10-15th Jan”2005.
- SPIC Bio-products, Porur, Chennai, 20-23rd, Dec”2004.
- Faculty Advisor for 2016-2020 Batch
- PG Project coordinator
- PALS Department Coordinator
- INSA Visiting Scientist Fellow (2017)
- IASc-INSA-NASI Summer Research Fellowship (2016)
- Associate Fellow, Telangana Academy of Sciences (2015)
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty Award, Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India (2014).
- Senior Research Fellowship, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India (2011).
- Senior Research Fellowship, Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India (2010)