|Name||Dr. B. Thilaka|
|Areas of Interest||Stochastic Process, Commutative Algebra|
|Room No.||Room No.: 2013 MCA Block|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)|
- Ph.D Mathematics (Stochastic Processes), Anna University.
- M.Phil Mathematics, Pondicherry University.
- M.Sc Mathematics, Stella Maris College ( Autonomous), University of Madras.
- B.Sc Mathematics, Ethiraj College, University of Madras.
- Working as Professor from 01.06.2013
- Worked as an Associate Professor at SVCE from 01.06.2010- 31.05.2013.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor at SVCE from 01.06.2005- 31.05.2010.
- Worked as a Senior Lecturer at SVCE 01.04.2003-31.05.2005.
- Worked as a Lecturer at SVCE from 22.04.1998-31.03.2003.
- Mathematics I
- Mathematics II
- Mathematics III
- Mathematics IV
- Statistical Methods
- Numerical Methods
- Probability Theory and Random Processes
- Resource Management Techniques
- Applied Mathematics for Electrical Engineers
- Probability and Queueing Theory
- Probability and Random Processes
- Probability and Statistics
- Special functions
- Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
- Discrete Mathematics
- Operations Research
- Applied Mathematics for Communication Engineers
- Applied Probability and Statistics
- Statistics and Numerical Methods
- Applied Mathematics for Engineers
- Applied Statistics for Biotechnologists
- On multitype branching processes with disasters I : The number of particles in the system , Mathematical and Computer modelling , Vol 28, No 11 , pp 87 102 , 1998 .
- On multitype branching processes with disasters II : Total sojourn ime and the number of deaths , Mathematical and Computer modelling , Vol 28, No 11 , pp 103-114 , 1998.
- On Semi-Markov compartmental models with branching particles under the influence of disasters , Communications in Statistics Theory and Methods, Vol 27, No 5 , pp 1101-1122, 1998 .
- Stochastic compartmental models with branching particles and disasters : Sojourn time and related characteristics , Communications in Statistics Theory and Methods , Vol 29 , No 2 , pp 291-318, 2000.
- An Extension OF Hill Cipher using Generalised Inverses and mth Residue Modulo n , Cryptologia , Vol XXIX, No. 4, pp 367-376, Oct 2005.
- An adaptive K-Means Clustering Algorithm and its Application in Face Recognition, Journal of Applied Computer Sciences and Mathematics”, suceava,no.9(4)/2010, pp 90-94.
- “ Human Resource Planning and Engagement – Decision Support through Analytics”, International Journal of Science, Technology and Management, Vol. No. 4, Special Issue No. 01, September 2015, pp 5 – 15.
- “Employee engagement maturity : A quantitative analysis of public sector enterprises of India” , International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), Vol. No. 10, Number 63 (2015) Special Issues, pp 11 -15.
- ‘Decision Support for Employee Engagement Initiatives: Cumulative Value – Addition’, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Volume 6, Issue 6, June 2016 pp. 2136 – 2151 ISSN: 2249-7315(Online).
- “Optimal Policy – Screening for Training and Promotion”, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Volume 6, Issue 12, December 2016 pp. 629- 641 ISSN: 2249-7315(Online).
- “Stochastic model for policy induced human resource depletion”, International Journal of Printing, Packaging and Allied Sciences, Volume 5, Issue 1, February 2017, pp. 51-58 ISSN: 2320-4387.
- “Performance Analysis for Queueing Systems with close down periods Subject to Catastrophe”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119, No 7, 2018, pp 39 -57 ISSN: 1311-8080(printed version); ISSN: 1314-3395(online version).
- “Performance Analysis of an M/M/1 Queue with Close Down Periods, Server under Maintenance Subject to Catastrophe”, Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, 13, No. S1, 325-335 (2019) http://www.naturalspublishing.com/ContSIss.asp?IssID=1622.
- “ Steady state performance measures of an M/M/1 queue with single working vacation subject to catastrophe”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, Vol. 29, No. 5s, (2020), pp. 173-182 , ISSN: 2005-4238 IJAST (h index -3).
- “Optimum Promotion Policies for Hierarchical Grade Structures”, Test Engineering & Management, Vol. 83, May – June 2020, pp: 3967 – 3971.
- “Optimal time for withdrawal of voluntary retirement scheme with a probability of acceptance of retirement request”, Journal of Information Technology and Digital World (ITDW), Vol.02/ No. 04, pp: 201-206.
- “Grade Sizes in Hierarchical k-Grade Models”, Far East Journal of Mathematics(FJMS) online version Vol.134, 2022, pp 13-26.
- “Grade Sizes in Two-Grade Models”, Advances and Applications in Mathematical Sciences (AAMS) online version Vol.22, Issue 4, Feb, 2023, pp 837-859.
- “ A neuronal model with a diffusion component and varying threshold” Stochastic Point Processes, Srinivasan S.K. AND Vijayakumar A. EDS., Narosa Publishing House (Seminar on Point Processes and Product Densities) , Anna University , Chennai, 8-9 Aug 2003, pp 315-329.
- “Performance Analysis of an M/M/1 Queue with Single Working Vacation with Customer Impatience Subject to Catastrophe” , B Thilaka, Poorani Balasubramanian , Udayabaskaran Swaminathan, Mathematical Analysis and Computing, Springer ICMAC2019, Kalavakkam, India, Dec 23-24, DOI : 10.1007/978-981-33-4646-8_24, Chapter 24, Pp 269-292, May 2021.
- Performance Analysis of an M/M/2 Queue with Partially Active Server Subject to Catastrophe. In: Gunasekaran, A., Sharma, J.K., Kar, S. (eds) Applications of Operational Research in Business and Industries. Lecture Notes in Operations Research. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-8012-1_16
- “ A finite dam model with two components of release ” , Proceedings of the third Ramanujam Symposium on Stochastic Processes and their Applications (New Age Publications, New Delhi), University of Madras , Madras , 17-19 Jan 1994 , pp 201-210
- “ Interspike Time distribution for a stochastic model neuron ” , Proceedings of the III International Symposium on Optimization and Statistics ,Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh , 19-21 Dec 1995 , pp 87-98 .
- “ On total sojourn time of multitype branching processes with disasters ” , Proceedings of the International Conference on Stochastic Processes , Cochin University of Science and Technology , Cochin , 26-29 Dec 1996 , pp 189-199.
- “ On mulitype branching processes with disasters ” , Proceedings of the International Conference on Stochastic Processes , Cochin University of Science and Technology , Cochin , 26-29 Dec 1996 , pp 201-212 .
- “A discrete-state stochastic model for the inter-spike time distribution of single Neuron”, Proceedings of International Conference on Stochastic Processes and Their Applications, Narosa Publishers, (ICSPA’98), Anna University, Chennai, 8-10, January, 1998, pp 79-88
- “ Employee Engagement Maturity – An exploratory study of a non-homogeneous group of organisations in India” Indian Institute of Management Bangalore International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence 11–13 December 2013
- “A Quantitative Paradigm to Employee Engagement Maturity”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Applied Mathematical Models, ICAMM 2014, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Jan 3-5, 2014, pp 31-35
- “Pressure for Promotion in Hierarchical Grade Structures”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Big Data Analytics and Computational Intelligence, March 23-25, 2017, Chirala Engineering College, Chirala, India. pp17-21
- “Optimal Time for Withdrawal of Voluntary Retirement Scheme with a Time- Varying Threshold”, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Innovative Mechanisms for Industry Applications (ICIMIA 2020), IEEE Xplore Part Number: CFP20K58-ART; ISBN: 978-1-7281-4167-1 pp 598 -602
- Some passage time distributions for a finite dam , International Conference on Stochastic Modelling , New-Delhi , 10-12 Jan 1994.
- Grade Sizes in Hierarchical K-Grade Models, 2021 IEEE Sponsored International Conference on Emerging Trends in Industry 4.0 (ETI 4.0), O P Jindal University, Chattisgarh, India, 19 – 21, May 2021.
- Transient Analysis of a Single Server Markovian Queue with working vacation, subject to Catastrophe, 8th IEEE sponsored international conference on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – ” Smart Systems and Innovative Technology for Industry 5.0″, Jeppiar Engineering College, Chennai, 6-7 April 2023
- Contributory author for the Fourth Edition of “Probability, Statistics and Random Processes for Engineers” by Stark and Woods, International Edition, 2012, Pearson International.
- Reviewer for “International Journal of Mathematics and Soft Computing”
- Reviewer for “Annals of Operations Research
- Scholars guided : 2
- Scholars guiding: 2
- Doctoral Committee member for six research scholars affiliated to Anna University
- Expert Examiner for Ph.D viva-voce examination for research scholar affiliated to Anna University.
Proceedings of Conferences/Symposiums
Papers Presented in Conference
Pd. D Guidance
- One day Symposium on Mathematical Methods and Applications , IIT Madras, Madras Dec, 1993.
- Third Ramanujam Symposium on Stochastic Processes and their Applications , University of Madras , Madras , 17-19 Jan 1994.
- International Conference on Stochastic Processes and their Applications , Anna University , Chennai , 8-10 Jan 1998.
- One day orientation seminar for College Teachers , Chennai , Feb 1999.
- National Conference and workshops on technology today in Cardiac and Neurosciences, Anna University, Chennai , 26-27 May 2000.
- Winter School on Graph Theory and Networks, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, 20 Nov-1 Dec 2000.
- QIP Short Term Course on Network Security, Ramanujan Computing Centre, Anna University, Chennai, 11-23 Feb 2002.
- Instructional and Institutional Workshop on Actuarial Mathematics, Ramanujan Institute For Advanced Study in Mathematics, University of Madras, 18-23 March 2002.
- One day symposium on geometric function theory, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 2 Dec 2002.
- Seminar on Point Processes and Product Densities, Anna University , Chennai, 8-9 Aug 2003.
- One day seminar on Reliability Engineering, Reliasoft India And Centre for Reliability, Chennai, 5 Jan 2004.
- QIP Short Term Training Programme on Fourier Transform , Wavelet Transform and their Applications, IIT, Madras, Dec 13 24 , 2004.
- QIP Short Term Training Programme on Harmonic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations, IIT, Madras, Jan 1-12 , 2007.
- One day Programme on Intellectual Property Rights, SVCE, 29 July 2008.
- Workshop on “Selected topics on Theoretical Computer science”, SVCE, 25th August 2009.
- National Seminar on “Selected Topics in Computational Fluid Dynamics”, SVCE, 9 October 2010.
- Faculty Development Programme on Engineering Mathematics using MATLAB, VIT- Chennai Campus, 29 April 2011.
- Faculty Development Training Programme on MA2265- Discrete Mathematics, College of Engineering, Guindy, June 15-22, 2011.
- International Workshop on “Recent Trends in Stochastic Modelling and Mathematical Finance” at College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University Chennai, December 22-24, 2011.
- National Workshop on “Support Vector Machines: Foundations, Research Directions and Tools “, NWSVM 12, SVCE, 15th December 2012.
- National Workshop on Graph Colorings (NWGC 2013), Indian Statistical Institute, Chennai, January 25-27, 2013.
- Summer Training Programme on “Financial Mathematics with hands on R Programming”, B S Abdur Rahman University, June 6 -11, 2016.
- AICTE Sponsored QIP Short Term Course on “Mathematical Finance – theory and Practice”, IIT Madras, Chennai, January 16 – 21, 2017.
- One day Seminar on “Fuzzy sets and its Applications in Science and Engineering”, SVCE, 14th February 2017.
- Special Talk on “Data Science”, SVCE, 13th June 2017.
- One day Workshop on “Graph theory and its Applications in Engineering”, SVCE, 28th June 2017.
- Two day National Workshop on Queueing Theory and Reliability Engineering during 20-21 January 2006.
- One day National Workshop on Graph Theory- Introduction and Applications on 3rd November 2012.
- Anna University sponsored Faculty Development and Training Programme on MA2261- Probability and Queueing Theory 4-11 December 2013.
- Webinar on “Applications of Queueing Theory to Telecommunications”, 6 August 2020.
- Webinar on “Discrete-Time Queues – An Overview and Current Research”, 30 July 2021.
- Faculty Development Programme on Digital Communications, Department of ECE, SVCE, 3-15 December 2007.
- Scholar in Residence Programme 2007 , Stella Maris College, funded by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia.
- Invited Talk- “Simulations in Queueing Systems” at a two-day “Workshop on Queueing Theory and its Applications”, SKR Engineering College, 24-25 June 2011.
- AICTE sponsored Staff Development Programme on “A Scientific Tour Over Computing Sciences using Discrete Mathematics”, Velammal Engineering College, 11-24 November 2011.
- Faculty Development Training Programme on “Discrete Mathematics” conducted at MIT Campus, Anna University, 11-18 June 2012.
- Faculty Development and Training Programme on Discrete Mathematics, DMI College of Engineering, 5-12, June 2013.
- Guest Lecture in “Random Processes”, Velammal Engineering College, 23 February, 2015.
- Faculty Development and Training Programme on “Transforms on Partial Differential Equations”, Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakuntahla Engineering College, 12 – 19 June 2018.
- Workshop on “Data Analytics for Engineers”, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering 21 – 22 February 2019.
- International workshop on “Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science”, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 5 – 6 March 2020.
- Guest Lecture in Seminar on “Mathematics in Machine Learning”, Ethiraj College for Women, 6 February 2023.
- Chaired a paper presentation session in the “INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MATHEMATICS IN ENGINEERING AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT” organized by Stella Maris College and Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai, 9-10 March 2012.
- Delivered a series of lectures on “Transform techniques” as a continuation of the advanced course in Mathematics conducted by the department from Feb 9th, 2005 onwards on all Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for interested students after college hours.
- Online Course on “MATLAB Workshop with Application in Linear Algebra” conducted by Bangalore Institute of Technology, 11-16 May 2020.
- Two Day Online FDP on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 5-6 June 2020
- Webinar on “Data Science and its Applications”, hosted by Meenakshi College of Engineering in association with Pantech E Learning, 27 May 2020
- Webinar on “Artificial Intelligence for Employee Attribution”, hosted by Adhiyaman College of Engineering in association with Pantech E Learning, 29 May 2020
- Webinar on “Machine Learning Predictive Analysis”, hosted by Academy of Maritime Education and Training, Chennai in association with Pantech E Learning, 20 June 2020
- Webinar on “Mathematical Modelling in Biology”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 23 July 2020
- Webinar on “How to write a Research Paper”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 29 July 2020
- Five day Webinar on “Hands on Training in Data Science using Microsoft Excel”, conducted by Bangalore Institute of Technology, 27 -31 July 2020
- Webinar on “Applications of PDE in Aeroacoustic Simulations”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 01 August 2020
- Webinar on “International Webinar on Neutrosophic Sets”, conducted by SSN College of Engineering, 3-4 August 2020
- Webinar on “Mathematical Modelling and Problem Solving using Sagemath”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 4-5 August 2020
- Webinar on “Women in Technology”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 10 September 2020
- International Faculty Development Programme on “Demystifying Optimization Techniques” organized by Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, 22 – 27 March 2021.
- Webinar on “VEDIC MATHS – An Ancient Calculation Technique” organized by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, 6 June 2021.
- Webinar on “Applications of Graphical Methods in Computer Science”, organized by Dr. MGR Educational and Research Centre, Adayalampattu, 14 June 2021.
- Webinar on “Applications of Linear Algebra in Satellite Motion”, organized by VTFSR, Guntur, 16 June 2021.
- Webinar on “Fluid Dynamics”, organized by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, 22 -23 June 2021.
- Webinar on “Applications of Finite Volume Method in Heat Transfer Problems”, organized by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, 25 June 2021.
- “Ten Days National Level Workshop on Data analysis using SPSS ” through online from 06.07.2021 to 15.07.2021 organized by V V Academy (An MSME Registered Academy), Chennai.
- Three Day Dr R Venkataram International Lecture Series – 2022 on “The Magic of Probability & Introduction to Decision Analysis ”, organized by Bangalore Institute of Technology, 7 – 9 Sep 2022.
- Two Week Online International Faculty Development Programme on “Current Trends in Applications of Mathematics”, from 21.09.2022 to 04.10.2022 organized by Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R & D Institute of Science and Technology, Avadi, Chennai.
- One day Workshop on “Curriculum Design”, organized by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, 18 October 2022.
- Faculty Development Programme on “Applied Statistical Methods for Research”, organized by Division of Mathematics, School of Advanced Sciences, Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai, 3 – 7 April 2023
- Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Trends in Graph Theory”, organized by Division of Mathematics, School of Advanced Sciences, Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai, 8 – 12 May 2023
Online FDPs/Courses/Webinars Attended
COURSERA Courses Completed
|S. No||Course Name||Offered by||Duration of Course (in weeks)||Commencement Period|
|1||AI For Everyone||deeplearning.ai||4||April 2020|
|2||Data Science Maths Skills||Duke University||4||April 2020|
|3||Logic for Economists||University of Amsterdam||2||May 2020|
|4||Mathematical Foundations of Cryptography||University of Colorado||4||May 2020|
|5||Calculus and Optimization for Machine Learning||Higher School of Economics, National Research University||6||April 2020|
|6||Financial Markets||Yale University||7||May 2020|
|7||Stochastic Processes||Higher School of Economics, National Research University||9||May 2020|
|8||Understanding Financial Markets||Universite de Geneive||4||July 2020|
NPTEL COURSES COMPLETED
|S.No||Course Name||Year||No. of credits||Classification||Duration (in weeks)||Period|
|1||Graph Theory||2017||2||Elite||8||Aug – Oct 2017|
|2||Advanced Graph Theory||2018||2||Elite||8||Feb – April 2018|
|3||Calculus for Economics, Commerce and Management||2018||2||Elite||8||Feb – April 2018|
|4||Design and Analysis of Experiments||2018||3||Elite(Topper)||12||Jan– April 2018|
|5||Data Analysis and Decision Making – I||2018||3||Elite(Topper)||12||Jul – Oct 2018|
|6||Introduction to Biostatistics||2018||2||Gold(Topper)||8||Aug – Sep 2018|
|7||Biostatistics and Design of Experiments||2018||2||Elite(Topper)||8||Aug – Oct 2018|
|8||Introductory Mathematical Methods for Biologists||2019||2||Gold||8||Feb – April 2019|
|9||Data Analysis and Decision Making – II||2019||3||Elite(Topper)||12||Feb –April 2019|
|10||Financial Mathematics||2019||3||Elite||12||Jan – April 2019|
|11||Mathematical Finance||2019||3||Elite||12||Jul – Oct 2019|
|12||Data Analysis and Decision Making – III||2019||3||Silver||12||Jul – Oct 2019|
|13||Statistical Inference||2020||2||Silver-||8||Jan – March 2020|
|14||Data Science for Engineers||2020||2||Silver||8||Jan – March 2020|
|15||Introduction to Machine Learning||2020||3||Elite||12||Jan – April 2020|
|16||Mathematical Portfolio Theory||2020||3||Gold||12||Sep – Dec 2020|
|17||Essential Mathematics for Machine Learning||2020||2||Gold (Topper)||8||Sep – Nov 2020|
|18||Business Statistics||2021||3||90% Gold (Topper)||12||18 Jan – 9 April 2021|
|19||Introduction to Operations Research||2021||2||82% Silver (Topper)||8||15 Jan – 12 March 2021|
|20||Decision Modelling||2021||2||96% Gold (Topper)||8||26 Jul – 20 Sep 2021|
|21||Deep Learning||2021||3||77% Silver||12||26 Jul – 18 Oct 2021|
|22||Operations and Supply Chain Management||2021||3||68% Elite||12||26 Jul – 18 Oct 2021|
|23||Reinforcement Learning||2022||3||63% Elite||12||24 Jan – 20 April 2022|
|24||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||2022||2||70% Elite||8||24 Jan – 23 Mar 2022|
|25||Learning Analytics Tools||2022||3||90% Gold (Topper)||12||25 Jul – 14 Oct 2022|
- Member, Board of Studies of KCG College of Technology under the Faculty of Science and Humanities, Regulations 2023
- Anti-Ragging Squad Leader
- Chairperson, Board of Mathematics, SVCE
- Department Minutes in charge
- Anna University nominee – member of Board of studies for Mathematics of Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar
- Professor of CRM
- Student Counsellor for I Year BE/B.Tech Women students
- Deputy Controller of Examinations
- Member, NAAC Steering Committee
- Faculty in charge – S. No. 20 – Extension of Autonomous Status
- Assistant Dean Examinations (2013-2019)
- NSS coordinator (2002 – 2007)
- Advisor, MCA Students’ Association (1999 – 2001)
- NPTEL Discipline Star (Management) Jan – Apr 2021
- NPTEL Domain Scholar – Operations (Management) Oct 2021
- NPTEL Evangelist July – Dec 2021
- NPTEL Motivated Learner July – Dec 2021
- NPTEL Discipline Star (Computer Science and Engineering) Jan – Apr 2022
- NPTEL Domain Scholar – Data Science (Computer Science) Oct 2022
- Qualified in Joint CSIR-UGC Test for JRF and Eligibility for Lectureship held in JUNE, 1992 in the Subject MATHEMATICS
- NPTEL MOTIVATED LEARNER – Dec 2019.
- NPTEL DISCIPLINE STAR (MATHEMATICS) – Dec 2020.
- NPTEL BELEIVER – Dec 2020.