|Name||Dr B Thilaka|
|Areas of Interest||Area of Interest Stochastic Process, Commutative Algebra|
|Room No.||Room No.: 2013 MCA Block|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)|
- Ph.D Mathematics (Stochastic Processes), Anna University.
- M.Phil Mathematics, Pondicherry University.
- M.Sc Mathematics, Stella Maris College ( Autonomous), University of Madras.
- B.Sc Mathematics, Ethiraj College, University of Madras.
- Working as Professor from 01.06.2013
- Worked as an Associate Professor at SVCE from 01.06.2010- 31.05.2013.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor at SVCE from 01.06.2005- 31.05.2010.
- Worked as a Senior Lecturer at SVCE 01.04.2003-31.05.2005.
- Worked as a Lecturer at SVCE from 22.04.1998-31.03.2003.
- Mathematics I
- Mathematics II
- Mathematics III Mathematics IV
- Statistical Methods
- Numerical Methods
- Probability Theory and Random Processes
- Resource Management Techniques
- Applied Mathematics for Electrical
- Probability and Queueing Theory
- Probability and Random Processes
- Probability and Statistics
- Special functions
- Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
- Discrete Mathematics
- Operations Research
- Applied Mathematics for Communication Engineers
- Applied Probability and Statistics
- Statistics and Numerical Methods
- Applied Mathematics for Engineers
- Applied Statistics for Biotechnologists
1.On multitype branching processes with disasters I : The number of particles in the system , Mathematical and Computer modelling , Vol 28, No 11 , pp 87 102 , 1998 .
2. On multitype branching processes with disasters II : Total sojourn ime and the number of deaths , Mathematical and Computer modelling , Vol 28, No 11 , pp 103-114 , 1998
3. On Semi-Markov compartmental models with branching particles under the influence of disasters , Communications in Statistics Theory and Methods, Vol 27, No 5 , pp 1101-1122, 1998 .
4. Stochastic compartmental models with branching particles and disasters : Sojourn time and related characteristics , Communications in Statistics Theory and Methods , Vol 29 , No 2 , pp 291-318, 2000.
5.An Extension OF Hill Cipher using Generalised Inverses and mth Residue Modulo n , Cryptologia , Vol XXIX, No. 4, pp 367-376, Oct 2005
6.An adaptive K-Means Clustering Algorithm and its Application in Face Recognition, Journal of Applied Computer Sciences and Mathematics”, suceava,no.9(4)/2010, pp 90-94.
7. “ Human Resource Planning and Engagement – Decision Support through
Analytics”, International Journal of Science, Technology and Management, Vol. No. 4, Special Issue No. 01, September 2015, pp 5 – 15.
8. “Employee engagement maturity : A quantitative analysis of public sector enterprises of India” , International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), Vol. No. 10, Number 63 (2015) Special Issues, pp 11 -15.
9. ‘Decision Support for Employee Engagement Initiatives: Cumulative Value – Addition’, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Volume 6, Issue 6, June 2016 pp. 2136 – 2151 ISSN: 2249-7315(Online).
10. “Optimal Policy – Screening for Training and Promotion”, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Volume 6, Issue 12, December 2016 pp. 629- 641 ISSN: 2249-7315(Online).
11. “Stochastic model for policy induced human resource depletion”, International Journal of Printing, Packaging and Allied Sciences, Volume 5, Issue 1, February 2017, pp. 51-58 ISSN: 2320-4387
12. “Performance Analysis for Queueing Systems with close down periods Subject to Catastrophe”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119, No 7, 2018, pp 39 -57 ISSN: 1311-8080(printed version); ISSN: 1314-3395(online version)
13. “Performance Analysis of an M/M/1 Queue with Close Down Periods, Server under Maintenance Subject to Catastrophe”, Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, 13, No. S1, 325-335 (2019)
14. “ Steady state performance measures of an M/M/1 queue with single working
vacation subject to catastrophe”, International Journal of Advanced Science and
Technology, Vol. 29, No. 5s, (2020), pp. 173-182 , ISSN: 2005-4238 IJAST
(h index -3)
15. “Optimum Promotion Policies for Hierarchical Grade Structures”, Test Engineering & Management, Vol. 83, May – June 2020, pp: 3967 – 3971
16. “Optimal time for withdrawal of voluntary retirement scheme with a probability of acceptance of retirement request”, Journal of Information Technology and Digital World (ITDW), Vol.02/ No. 04, pp: 201-206
Proceedings of Conferences/Symposiums :
- “ A finite dam model with two components of release ” , Proceedings of the third Ramanujam Symposium on Stochastic Processes and their Applications (New Age Publications, New Delhi), University of Madras , Madras , 17-19 Jan 1994 , pp 201-210
- “ Interspike Time distribution for a stochastic model neuron ” , Proceedings of the III International Symposium on Optimization and Statistics ,Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh , 19-21 Dec 1995 , pp 87-98 .
- “ On total sojourn time of multitype branching processes with disasters ” , Proceedings of the International Conference on Stochastic Processes , Cochin University of Science and Technology , Cochin , 26-29 Dec 1996 , pp 189-199.
- “ On mulitype branching processes with disasters ” , Proceedings of the International Conference on Stochastic Processes , Cochin University of Science and Technology , Cochin , 26-29 Dec 1996 , pp 201-212 .
- “A discrete-state stochastic model for the inter-spike time distribution of single Neuron”, Proceedings of International Conference on Stochastic Processes and Their Applications, Narosa Publishers, (ICSPA’98), Anna University, Chennai, 8-10, January, 1998, pp 79-88
- “ Employee Engagement Maturity – An exploratory study of a non-homogeneous group of organisations in India” Indian Institute of Management Bangalore International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence 11–13 December 2013
- “A Quantitative Paradigm to Employee Engagement Maturity”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Applied Mathematical Models, ICAMM 2014, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Jan 3-5, 2014, pp 31-35
- “Pressure for Promotion in Hierarchical Grade Structures”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Big Data Analytics and Computational Intelligence, March 23-25, 2017, Chirala Engineering College, Chirala, India. pp17-21
- “Optimal Time for Withdrawal of Voluntary Retirement Scheme with a Time- Varying Threshold”, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Innovative Mechanisms for Industry Applications (ICIMIA 2020), IEEE Xplore Part Number: CFP20K58-ART; ISBN: 978-1-7281-4167-1 pp 598 -602
Paper presented in conference :
1.Some passage time distributions for a finite dam , International Conference on Stochastic Modelling , New-Delhi , 10-12 Jan 1994.
1. Contributory author for the Fourth Edition of “Probability, Statistics and Random Processes for Engineers” by Stark and Woods, International Edition, 2012, Pearson International.
“ A neuronal model with a diffusion component and varying threshold” Stochastic Point Processes, Srinivasan S.K. AND Vijayakumar A. EDS., Narosa Publishing House (Seminar on Point Processes and Product Densities) , Anna University , Chennai, 8-9 Aug 2003, pp 315-329.
- Reviewer for “International Journal of Mathematics and Soft Computing”
- Reviewer for “Annals of Operations Research”
Pd. D Guidance:
Scholars guided : 2
Scholars guiding: 2
Doctoral Committee member for three research scholars affiliated to Anna University
Expert Examiner for Ph.D viva-voce examination for research scholar affiliated to Anna University.
1. One day Symposium on Mathematical Methods and Applications , IIT Madras, Madras Dec, 1993.
2. Third Ramanujam Symposium on Stochastic Processes and their Applications , University of Madras , Madras , 17-19 Jan 1994.
3 .International Conference on Stochastic Processes and their Applications , Anna University , Chennai , 8-10 Jan 1998.
4. One day orientation seminar for College Teachers , Chennai , Feb 1999.
5. National Conference and workshops on technology today in Cardiac and Neurosciences, Anna University, Chennai , 26-27 May 2000.
6. Winter School on Graph Theory and Networks, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumbudur, 20 Nov-1 Dec 2000.
7. QIP Short Term Course on Network Security, Ramanujan Computing Centre, Anna University, Chennai, 11-23 Feb 2002.
8. Instructional and Institutional Workshop on Actuarial Mathematics, Ramanujan Institute For Advanced Study in Mathematics, University of Madras, 18-23 March 2002.
9. One day symposium on geometric function theory, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 2 Dec 2002.
10. Seminar on Point Processes and Product Densities, Anna University , Chennai, 8-9 Aug 2003.
11. One day seminar on Reliability Engineering, Reliasoft India And Centre for Reliability, Chennai, 5 Jan 2004.
12. QIP Short Term Training Programme on Fourier Transform , Wavelet Transform and their Applications, IIT, Madras, Dec 13 24 , 2004
13. QIP Short Term Training Programme on Harmonic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations, IIT, Madras, Jan 1-12 , 2007.
14.One day Programme on Intellectual Property Rights, SVCE, 29 July 2008.
15. Workshop on “Selected topics on Theoretical Computer science”, SVCE, 25th August 2009.
16. National Seminar on “Selected Topics in Computational Fluid Dynamics”, SVCE, 9 October 2010.
17. Faculty Development Programme on Engineering Mathematics using MATLAB, VIT- Chennai Campus, 29 April 2011.
18. Faculty Development Training Programme on MA2265- Discrete Mathematics, College of Engineering, Guindy, June 15-22, 2011.
19. International Workshop on “Recent Trends in Stochastic Modelling and Mathematical Finance” at College of Engineering, Guindy Campus, Anna University Chennai, December 22-24, 2011
20.National Workshop on “Support Vector Machines: Foundations, Research Directions and Tools “, NWSVM 12, SVCE, 15th December 2012
21. National Workshop on Graph Colorings (NWGC 2013), Indian Statistical Institute, Chennai, January 25-27, 2013.
22. Summer Training Programme on “Financial Mathematics with hands on R
Programming”, B S Abdur Rahman University, June 6 -11, 2016.
23. AICTE Sponsored QIP Short Term Course on “Mathematical Finance – theory and
Practice”, IIT Madras, Chennai, January 16 – 21, 2017.
24. One day Seminar on “Fuzzy sets and its Applications in Science and Engineering”,
SVCE, 14th February 2017.
25. Special Talk on “Data Science”, SVCE, 13th June 2017
26. One day Workshop on “Graph theory and its Applications in Engineering”, SVCE,
28th June 2017
1. Two day National Workshop on Queueing Theory and Reliability Engineering during 20-21 January 2006.
2. One day National Workshop on Graph Theory- Introduction and Applications on 3rd November 2012.
3.Anna University sponsored Faculty Development and Training Programme on MA2261- Probability and Queueing Theory 4-11 December 2013.
Webinar Organized :
1. Webinar on “Applications of Queueing Theory to Telecommunications”, 6 August 2020
1. Faculty Development Programme on Digital Communications, Department of ECE, SVCE, 3-15 December 2007.
2. Scholar in Residence Programme 2007 , Stella Maris College, funded by United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia.
3. Invited Talk- “Simulations in Queueing Systems” at a two-day “Workshop on Queueing Theory and its Applications”, SKR Engineering College, 24-25 June 2011.
4. AICTE sponsored Staff Development Programme on “A Scientific Tour Over Computing Sciences using Discrete Mathematics”, Velammal Engineering College, 11-24 November 2011.
5. Faculty Development Training Programme on “Discrete Mathematics” conducted at MIT Campus, Anna University, 11-18 June 2012.
6.Faculty Development and Training Programme on Discrete Mathematics, DMI College of Engineering, 5-12, June 2013.
7. Guest Lecture in “Random Processes”, Velammal Engineering College, 23 February, 2015
8. Faculty Development and Training Programme on “Transforms on Partial Differential Equations”, Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakuntahla Engineering College, 12 – 19 June 2018
To append under resource persons:
9. Workshop on “Data Analytics for Engineers”, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering 21 – 22 February 2019
10.International workshop on “Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science”, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 5 – 6 March 2020
1. Chaired a paper presentation session in the “INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MATHEMATICS IN ENGINEERING AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT” organized by Stella Maris College and Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai, 9-10 March 2012.
Delivered a series of lectures on “Transform techniques” as a continuation of the advanced course in Mathematics conducted by the department from Feb 9th, 2005 onwards on all Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for interested students after college hours
Online FDPs/Courses/Webinars Attended:
- Online Course on “MATLAB Workshop with Application in Linear Algebra” conducted by Bangalore Institute of Technology, 11-16 May 2020.
- Two Day Online FDP on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 5-6 June 2020
- Webinar on “Data Science and its Applications”, hosted by Meenakshi College of Engineering in association with Pantech E Learning, 27 May 2020
- Webinar on “Artificial Intelligence for Employee Attribution”, hosted by Adhiyaman College of Engineering in association with Pantech E Learning, 29 May 2020
- Webinar on “Machine Learning Predictive Analysis”, hosted by Academy of Maritime Education and Training, Chennai in association with Pantech E Learning, 20 June 2020
- Webinar on “Mathematical Modelling in Biology”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 23 July 2020
- Webinar on “How to write a Research Paper”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 29 July 2020
- Five day Webinar on “Hands on Training in Data Science using Microsoft Excel”, conducted by Bangalore Institute of Technology, 27 -31 July 2020
- Webinar on “Applications of PDE in Aeroacoustic Simulations”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 01 August 2020
- Webinar on “International Webinar on Neutrosophic Sets”, conducted by SSN College of Engineering, 3-4 August 2020
- Webinar on “Mathematical Modelling and Problem Solving using Sagemath”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 4-5 August 2020
- Webinar on “Women in Technology”, conducted by Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, 10 September 2020
COURSERA COURSES COMPLETED
|S. No||Course Name||Offered by||Duration of Course (in weeks)||Commencement Period|
|1||AI For Everyone||deeplearning.ai||4||April 2020|
|2||Data Science Maths Skills||Duke University||4||April 2020|
|3||Logic for Economists||University of Amsterdam||2||May 2020|
|4||Mathematical Foundations of Cryptography||University of Colorado||4||May 2020|
|5||Calculus and Optimization for Machine Learning||Higher School of Economics, National Research University||6||April 2020|
|6||Financial Markets||Yale University||7||May 2020|
|7||Stochastic Processes||Higher School of Economics, National Research University||9||May 2020|
|8||Understanding Financial Markets||Universite de Geneive||4||July 2020|
NPTEL COURSES COMPLETED
|S.No||Course Name||Year||No. of credits||Classification||Duration (in weeks)||Period|
|1||Graph Theory||2017||2||Elite||8||Aug – Oct 2017|
|2||Advanced Graph Theory||2018||2||Elite||8||Feb – April 2018|
|3||Calculus for Economics, Commerce and Management||2018||2||Elite||8||Feb – April 2018|
|4||Design and Analysis of Experiments||2018||3||Elite(Topper)||12||Jan
– April 2018
|5||Data Analysis and Decision Making – I||2018||3||Elite(Topper)||12||Jul – Oct 2018|
|6||Introduction to Biostatistics||2018||2||Gold(Topper)||8||Aug – Sep 2018|
|7||Biostatistics and Design of Experiments||2018||2||Elite(Topper)||8||Aug – Oct 2018|
|8||Introductory Mathematical Methods for Biologists||2019||2||Gold||8||Feb – April 2019|
|9||Data Analysis and Decision Making – II||2019||3||Elite(Topper)||12||Feb –April 2019|
|10||Financial Mathematics||2019||3||Elite||12||Jan – April 2019|
|11||Mathematical Finance||2019||3||Elite||12||Jul – Oct 2019|
|12||Data Analysis and Decision Making – III||2019||3||Silver||12||Jul – Oct 2019|
|13||Statistical Inference||2020||2||Silver-||8||Jan – March 2020|
|14||Data Science for Engineers||2020||2||Silver||8||Jan – March 2020|
|15||Introduction to Machine Learning||2020||3|| Elite
|12||Jan – April 2020|
|16||Mathematical Portfolio Theory||2020||3||Gold||12||Sep – Dec 2020|
|17||Essential Mathematics for Machine Learning||2020||2||Gold (Topper)||8||Sep – Nov 2020|
- Deputy Controller of Examinations
- Anti Ragging Squad Leader
- Student Counsellor for I Year BE/B.Tech Women students.
- Chairperson, Board of Mathematics, SVCE
- Department Minutes in charge
- Anna University nominee – member of Board of studies for Mathematics of Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar (2019-20 to 2021-22)
Qualified in Joint CSIR-UGC Test for JRF and Eligibility for Lectureship held in JUNE, 1992 in the Subject MATHEMATICS
1. NPTEL MOTIVATED LEARNER – Dec 2019
2. NPTEL DISCIPLINE STAR (MATHEMATICS) – Dec 2020
3. NPTEL BELEIVER – Dec 2020