|Name||Dr P ASHOK|
|Areas of Interest||OPTICAL COMMUNICATION|
|Email Id (Official)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Email Id (Personal)|
Ph.D from Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chennai (2013 to 2020)
M.E., (Communication and Networking) from Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chennai (2009 to 2011)
B.E., (ECE) from SRM Engineering College, Anna University, Chennai (2009 to 2011)
Prince Shri Venkateshwara Padmavathy Engineering College, Chennai from 13/12/2012 to 19/10/2020 – 7.8 Years Assistant Professor
Apollo Engineering College, Chennai 06/06/2011 to 12/12/2012
1.5 Years Assistant Professor
Infosys Jun06-Aug09 Software Engineer (DSL & Broadband) 3 Years 2 Months
Courses Handling: ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS
Transmission Lines & Networks
Antennas & Wave Propagation
RF & Microwave Engineering
Optical Communication & Networks
Signals & Systems
- Conference: (National and International)
- P. Ashok, M. Bhavadharini, Chitturu Chandana, Multiband Frequency Antenna for WirelessApplication, 6th International E-Conference on Latest Trends in Science, Engineering and Technology (ICLTSET20), organized by Karpagam Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, onApril 13th 2020, Indexed by Google Scholar.
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Evaluation of maximum Quantum Efficiency in temperaturedependent Quantum Cascade Lasers, XX International Workshop on The Physics ofSemiconductor Devices (IWPSD2019) jointly organized by DRDO, SSPL, SNBNCBN & IITKharagpur at Kolkata from 16th to 20th Dec 2019.
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Theoretical Investigation on short pulse generation in Midinfrared Quantum Cascade Lasers, PHOTONICS2018, International Conference on FiberOptics and Photonics, organized by IITDelhi, 12th to 15th Dec 2018.
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Numerical Analysis of Temperature Dependent Short pulsegeneration in Mid infrared QCL, International Symposium on Semiconductor Materials and Devices, ISSMD2018, organized by Visveswaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT),Nagpur, 30th Nov to 2nd Dec 2018.
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Numerical Analysis on the Phenomenon of AbsorptiveBistability in Quantum Cascade Lasers, XIX International Workshop on The Physics ofSemiconductor Devices (IWPSD2017) jointly organized by DRDO, SSPL & IITDelhi at IITDelhi from 11th to 15th Dec 2017.
- P Ashok, M Manikandan, A Survey on Image Segmentation and Image Matting forForeground Extraction, ICAICV 2010, International Conference at PSG College ofTechnology.
- K. Murali Krishna, M. Ganesh Madhan, P. Ashok, Simulation studies on polarization switchingbehavior of VCSEL, Proceedings of 28th DAEBRNS National Laser Symposium (NLS28),organized by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Chennai 600127, Tamilnadu, 8th to 11thJanuary 2020.
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Capacity Enhancement of Free Space Optic TransmissionSystem using Novel Channel Coding Schemes, Workshop on Optics and Photonics: Theory andComputational Techniques (OPTCT2019), organized by IITDelhi, 23rd to 24th March 2019.
- P Ashok, P T V Bhuvaneshwari, An Efficient Genetic Algorithm based Localization schemefor Wireless Sensor Networks, NCRVIC2010, National Conference on Recent Trends in VLSI,Information and Communication, BSA University.
- P Ashok, R Ramesh, Error Performance of Variable Fractional Delay FIR Filters by VariousMethods, TICAE2006, Trends in Industrial and Commercial Applications of Electronics,Sathyabama University.
- Journal:(National and International)
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Impedance characteristics of mid infra-red Quantum CascadeLasers , Journal of Optics and Laser Technology, Elsevier Publishing, Volume 134, February 2021,Article No. 106662, pp. 1 to 8. [SCI Indexed Article, ISSN 00303992](https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2020.106662)
- K. Murali Krishna, M. Ganesh Madhan, P. Ashok, Study of gain switching in VCSEL underdifferent electrical pulse inputs , Defence Science Journal, Published by DESIDOC, DRDO, Vol.70,No. 5, September 2020, pp. 538 to 541. [SCIE Indexed Article, pISSN 0011748X, eISSN 0976464X]
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, P. Deepiha, C. Rimmya, S. Piramasubramanian, An EfficientChaotic Optical signal generation scheme using Gain Lever Effect in bi section laser diodes ,Optics Communications, Elsevier Publishing, Vol. 475, 15th November 2020, Article No. 126202, pp.1 to 10. [SCI Indexed Article, ISSN 00304018](https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2020.126202)
- K. Murali Krishna, M. Ganesh Madhan, P. Ashok, Simulation studies on Polarizationmodulated Vertical cavity surface emitting laser for combined fiber and free space opticallinks , Optik International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Elsevier Publishing, Vol. 219,October 2020, Article No. 165018, pp. 1 to 10. [SCI Indexed Article, ISSN 00304026]
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Effect of cold finger temperature on optical pulse modulationcharacteristics in a 2.59 terahertz quantum cascade laser , Laser Physics Letters, IOP Publishing,Astra Ltd, Volume 17, Number 5, May 2020, Pages 1 to 7. [SCI Indexed Article, eISSN 1612202X,pISSN 16122011]
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Numerical analysis on capacity improvement in free spaceoptical link employing two-segment quantum cascade laser-based repeater , Optik International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Elsevier Publishing, Vol. 204, 2020, ArticleNo. 164216, pp. 1 to 7. [SCI Indexed Article, ISSN 00304026]
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Effect of Device Parameters on Gain Switching in QuantumCascade Lasers , Laser Physics Letters, IOP Publishing, Astra Ltd, Volume 16, Number 9,September 2019, Pages 1 to 6. [SCI Indexed Article, e ISSN 1612202X, p ISSN 16122011](https://doi.org/10.1088/1612-202X/ab39dc)
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Performance Analysis of Various Pulse Modulation Schemes for aFSO Link Employing Gain Switched Quantum Cascade Lasers , Journal of Optics and LaserTechnology, Elsevier Publishing, Volume 111, April 2019, Pages 358 to 371. [SCI Indexed Article,ISSN 00303992]
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Particle Swarm Optimization Approach to Identify OptimumElectrical Pulse Characteristics for Efficient Gain Switching in Dual Wavelength QuantumCascade Lasers , Optik International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, ElsevierPublishing, Vol. 171, 2018, pp. 786 to 797. [SCI Indexed Article, ISSN 00304026](https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2018.06.137)
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Optimum Electrical Pulse Characteristics for Efficient GainSwitching in QCL , Optik International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, ElsevierPublishing, Vol. 146C, October 2017, pp. 51 to 62. [SCI Indexed Article, ISSN 00304026](https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2017.08.071)
- P. Ashok, M. Ganesh Madhan, Numerical Analysis on The Influence of Device Parameters onThe Performance of Quantum Cascade Lasers , Journal of Optoelectronics and AdvancedMaterialsRapid Communications, Vol. 10, Iss. 3, 4, March, April 2016, pp. 133 to 142. [SCIIndexed Article, e ISSN 18417132, pISSN 14544164](https://oam-rc.inoe.ro/index.php?option=magazine&op=view&idu=2787&catid=95)
Participated: MORE THAN 100.
- Gold Medalist in UG.
- Gold Medalist in PG.
- Best outgoing student in PG.
- Active SPOC (NPTEL) for three consecutive years.