|Name||Dr R Muthucumaraswamy|
|Designation||Professor and Head|
|Areas of Interest||Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics|
|Room No.||IMS BLOCK|
|Email Id (Official)||email@example.com|
|Email Id (Personal)|
- Ph.D. (Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics)
Thesis – Heat and Mass Transfer effects on Impulsively started vertical plate, Anna university, 2001.
- M.Phil Mathematics, Pachaiyappa’s College, University of Madras, 1991.
- M.Sc Applied Mathematics, MIT, Anna University, 1987.
- B.Sc Mathematics, Gurunanak College, University of Madras, 1985.
- Professor and Head- 2008 to till date at SVCE.
- Professor – 2005 t0 2008 at SVCE.
- Assistant Professor – 2001 to 2005 at SVCE.
- Senior Lecturer – 1999 to 2001 at SVCE.
- Lecturer – 1988 to 1999 at SVCE.
- Mathematics I
- Mathematics II
- Mathematics III
- Mathematics IV
- Bio- Statistics
- Probability and Random Processes
- Statistics and Linear programming
- Applied Mathematics for Electrical Engineers
- Probability and Statistics
- Numerical Methods
- Transforms and partial differential equations
- Applied Mathematics for Thermal Engineers
Roles in conducting Conferences/Workshops
1. Committee-Public relations: For conducting Workshop on Applied Mathematics in Shipping Industry & Marine Technology (AMSIMT 2002) Organized jointly by IIT, Chennai.
2. Committee- Review and Program: For conducting National conference on Nanoscience and Technology (NANOSPHERE 2004), organized by SVCE at college level.
3. Committee- Review and Proceedings: For conducting National conference on Communication and Informatics (NCCI 2005), organized by Department of Information technology, SVCE.
4. One of the Patron – Fourth National conference on computational Intelligence, 22 Feb 2007, Bharath University, Chennai.
5. Committee- Review and Proceedings: For conducting National conference on Communication and Informatics (NCCI 2007), organized by Department of Information technology, SVCE.
6. Member of Advisory committee : National Conference on Data Mining and Data Warehousing, March 2009, Bharath University, Chennai.
7. Co-chair: National conference on Communication and Informatics (NCCI 2010), organized by Department of Information technology, SVCE.
8. Convener: One day National seminar on “Selected topics in Computational Fluid Dynamics”, organized by Department of Applied Mathematics, SVCE, 9th October 2010.
9. Convener : One day National seminar on “Geometric Function Theory”, organized by Department of Applied Mathematics, SVCE, 26th March 2011.
10. Convener : One Day National Workshop on �Graph Theory � Introduction and Applications�, organized by Department of Applied Mathematics, SVCE, 3rd November 2012.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES ATTENDED
1. ISTE Summer School on “Object Oriented Programming and C++, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, 6-19 June, 1993.
2. AICTE/ISTE Summer School on “Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems”, JNTU College of Engineering, Anantapur, 15- 27 May 1995.
3. ISTE – Strategic Planning and Institutional development, SVCE Chapter, 3-6 January 1996.
4. Windows NT and MS SQL training program conducted by Sonata Software, Department of CSE, SVCE, 15-18 April, 1996.
5. QIP Sponsored Short term course on “Computer based Numerical Algorithms with Engineering Applications”, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 27 th May- 7 th June, 1996.
6. Attended ISO 9001-2000 two day training course conducted by SVCE in October 2001.
7. Attended one day Workshop on selected topics in Theoretical Computer Science, conducted by SVCE , 25th August 2009.
8. Attended one day National Workshop on “Selected Topics in Computational Fluid Dynamics”, 9th October 2010.
9.Attended one day National Seminar on Geometric Function Theory, conducted by SVCE 26th March 2011.
10.Attended one day workshop on Graph Theory �Introduction and its applications, conducted by SVCE 3rd November 2012.
1.Delivered a talk in Orientation and Faculty Development Programme on “Slow learners and action to be taken”, conducted by SVCE , 30 June 2011.
2.Orientation Programme for newly joined faculty on � Staff benefits in SVCE, and ISO 9000: 2008 QMS awareness programme, conducted by SVCE, 20-21 June 2013.
3.Applications of Mathematics for Civil Engineering�, in ARTIFEX 2013, SVCE, 21st August 2013.
4.Resource person for 7 days Faculty Development Programme on Probability and Queuing Theory
5.Research and tips for placement drive for MCA students, Valedictory function of MCA association on 3rd April 2014.
6.Delivered an invited talk on Boundary value problems and its applications, Faculty Development Training Programme on Transforms and Partial differential equations, Ganathipathy Tulsi Jain Engineering College, 24th June 2014.
7.Orientation Programme for newly joined faculty on � Staff benefits in SVCE, and ISO 9000: 2008 QMS awareness programme, conducted by SVCE, 25th June 2014.
- First year Counselor, 2011,2013-2014
- Professor incharge of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) 2013 and 2014
- Management representative for ISO from the year 2012-2014(Two surveillance audits 2013, 2014 and four internal audits (23-26) were conducted.
- Preparation of college calendar starting from the year 1989 to 2006 and 2008 to2014.
- Returning officer for Students Associations form the year 2008-2014
- Board chairman for Mathematics-Central Valuation, Anna University,2014
- Previous responsibilities:
- ISO Research committee member (2004-2008)
- Chief Superintendent for Anna University Theory & Practical Examinations (2005 winter)
- Vice Chairman for Mathematics-Central Valuation, Anna University, 2003-2009,2013
- Board chairman for Mathematics-Central Valuation, Anna University, 2010-2012
- Committee member for Panikar Award for the year 2008-2012
- Established Research cell in the department (2008) and renewed up to 2016
- Incharge to conduct Student Election
- ISO internal auditor
- Management Representative (2012)
- Board chairman for Mathematics-Central Valuation, Anna University, 2010-2012
Received the Best teacher award (SVCE) for the year
2000-2001. This award based on the feedback from the final year students of
batch 1996-2000.(Teachers Day 2001)
Received the Best Faculty Award from Cognizant
Technological Services(CTS) for the
Academic year 2016-2017 on 31st March 2017 (College Day
Received award titled
Distinguished Researcher & Scholar Icon – 2017 under Applied
from Jupiter Publications and Consortium and Ingenious Cyberonics Private
Limited, Chennai on 22nd July 2017. He received plague and
certificate from the organizers
- Received cash prizes from the Management(SVCE) for publishing papers in reputed
national and international Journals.
- Year 1998-1999 2000/- for 2 International Journals
- Year 1999-2000 3000/- for 2 Int. & 1 National Journals
- Year 2000-2001 4000/- for 2 Int. & 2 National Journals
- Year 2001-2002 6500/- for 6 Int. & 1 National Journals
- Year 2002-2003 Rs.11000/- for 4 Int. & 2 National Journals
- Year 2003-2004 Rs.10000/- for 3 Int. & 2 National Journals
- Year 2004-2005 Rs.19000/- for 3 Int. & 2 National Journals
(h) Year 2005-2006 Rs. 7000/- for 1 Int. & 1 National Journals
(i) Year 2006-2007 Rs.15,000/- for 3 Int. Journals
(j) Year 2007-2008 Rs. 48,000/- for 12 research papers
(k) Year 2008-2009 Rs. 49,000/- for 17 research papers
(l) Year 2009-2010 Rs. 63,000/- for 18 research papers
(m) Year 2010-2011 Rs. 68,000/- for 22 research papers
(n) Year 2011-2012 Rs. 1, 28,000/-for 32 research papers
(o) Year 2012-2013 Rs. 49,000 /- for 17 research papers
(p) Year 2013-2014 Rs. 33,000/- for 25 research papers
(q) Year 2014-2015 Rs. 45,000/- for 21 research papers
(r) Year 2015-2016 Rs. 45,000/- for 21 research papers
(s) Year 2016-2017 Rs. 33,000/- for 12 research papers
(t) Year 2017-2018 Rs. 21,000/- for 9 research papers and one text Book
(u) Year 2018-2019 Rs. 7000/- for one paper and text book
My name is included in 7th edition of Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering.,
New Jersey, USA. This selection is based on my research contribution in the field of
Science and Engineering.
As Mark of respect to the Legendary Mathematician SRI S Ramanujan on his 125th Birth Anniversary, our Hon Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh announced the year 2012 as year of Mathematicians. The cricket Federation of India and AMN Global project jointly conducted under-17 all India cricket league championship in four different venues. The organizers are honor 2012 Mathematicians. The organizers also planned to honor top 3 Mathematicians from their enrollment forms out of 2012 Mathematicians. I have received the award for second position (out of top three Mathematicians) from the Governor of Tamilnadu, Dr Rosaiah, during the closing ceremony at Singaram Pillai School grounds, Villivakkam on 29.4.2012 at 4.30 pm. The award carries certificate, silver medal and Gold coated cup.