Procedure for Redressal of Grievances
- While dealing with the complaint the committee at all levels will observe law of natural justice and hear the complainant and concerned people.
- While passing an order on any Grievance at any level the relevant provisions of Act/Regulations should be kept in mind and no such order should be passed in contradiction of the same.
- The student will submit the application of Grievance or appeal to the Institute level committee or central grievance Redressal committee, as the case may be, through the Head of Department and Head of Institute concerned.
The cell will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
Academic Matters:Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
Financial matters:Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels
Other Matters:Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students .
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy.
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint:
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR REDRESSAL
- The final responsibility for grievance Redressal rests with the Principal of the college.
- In case of any grievance the members of the cell are empowered to sort out the problems at their level through discussion with students.
- In case the members fail to find out any solution then the matter is referred to the Principal for final commitment on the matter.
- Considering the nature and depth of the grievances due inquiry is made by the members of the cell and through personal discussion the matter is solved. If anybody is found to be guilty for any kind of nuisance he or she is given punishment with due consideration with the Principal. The nature of punishment, information to the police (if situation arises for so) and expelling from the college are as per the rule of the institute.
The grievance Redressal cell shall not entertain the following issues:
- Decisions of the Governing body, Academic council, Board of studies and other administrative or academic committees constituted by the University.
- Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, medals etc;
- Decisions made by the University with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
- Decisions of the University about admissions in any courses offered by the institute.
- Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination result.
The cell is having the provision of being reconstituted every year if situation arises for so by the Principal himself along with suggestions sought from the in charge administrative body. Care has to be taken to select staff members from each stream.