To provide a conducive and homely environment for the students to stay, study and imbibe the art of living among their own peers in a harmonious manner.
2. Description of Hostel Block and Mess Halls
- Each student is provided with essential furniture. All rooms are provided with good ventilation and lighting. Basic amenities like bathrooms and toilets are constructed on each floor of hostel blocks. Hot water is supplied through a geyser or solar heater arrangement. Emergency Generator supplies are also provided in case of power failures. There are two standby diesel generated sets in the main substation, which supplies power during long power interruptions.
- Mess Halls/ Kitchen: Separate mess halls are provided for gents as well as ladies. Each mess hall is provided with a well equipped and a highly mechanized kitchen. The menu, strictly pure vegetarian, is prepared by students and revised once in a semester and food served is predominantly South Indian.
- Common Room: Each hostel block has a common room used for recreation purposes. Daily newspaper and magazine are bought and kept here. Satellite cable television facility is also available. Indoor games such as caroms and chess are provided.
- Wi-Fi Facility: is available for students residing in the hostels, to be used during outside study hours only. Laptops will need to be registered with Warden before availing WiFi facility.
- Sports & Gymnasium: Residents of the hostel are encouraged to take part in sports as excellent outdoor and indoor game facilities are provided in campus. Well-equipped gym center as well as a swimming pool are available in campus
- Security: Security is provided round the clock for all the blocks. Also all the blocks are fenced.
- Health Care: A dispensary with two beds, a doctor and a trained nurse are available on the campus. The nurse lives on the campus for round the clock medical care. Hostel office maintains first aid kit and is accessible round the clock. An ambulance van for emergency is stationed in the hostel premises.
- Washing Arrangements: One each Laundromat facility is provided for gents and ladies hostel blocks separately. The service provider who operates the facility is also giving an ironing facility.
- Day-to-day affairs of the hostels are managed by the Warden supported by the office staff.
- The hostels have well defined rules and regulations published in another link of these pages. The students are expected to be conversant with these rules and follow the same strictly.
- A Welfare Committee is constituted at the beginning of the academic year with the representatives from the students as well as the Management. The Committee meets once every month and makes suggestions for improving the quality of life in the hostel.
- Dean ( Student Welfare) will be invited for all meetings and reps of Maintenance Departments will be requested to attend on as required basis.