The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 1985 to cater to the needs of the Electrical engineering subjects, Electronics and Communication Engineering , Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science Engineering. Starting with an intake capacity of 60 in 1994 the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is now catering to the growing need of 120 students.
Department of EEE is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation for the third consecutive time for Five Years, and is currently valid till 30-06-2021.
Vision of the Institute
To be a leader in higher technical education and research by providing the state-of-the-art facilities to transform the learners into global contributors.
Mission of the Institute
To develop SVCE in to a "CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE” offering Engineering education to men and women at undergraduate and postgraduate degree levels, bringing out their total personality, emphasizing ethical values and preparing them to meet the growing challenges of the industry and diverse societal needs of our nation.
Vision of the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department
To provide a high standard of education and research in Electrical & Electronics Engineering such that the learners will be transformed in to global contributors.
Mission of the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department
To provide a strong foundation to the students at undergraduate and post graduate levels which would satisfy the requirements of industry and society and create possibilities for innovation, research and development. The department shall endeavour to bring out the total personality of the students by inculcating in them soft skills and ethical values.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) of B.E (EEE) Programme:
The Programme Educational Objectives(PEOs) of the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering are as follows:
1. To provide a strong background in Mathematics, Physical sciences and Electrical and Electronics Engineering such that graduates will be able to cater to the requirements of industries in India and abroad.
2. To provide the necessary training and opportunities such that the graduates will be able to pursue higher studies and research in their area of interest.
3. To provide the necessary exposure such that prospective graduates excel in the fields of Computer Science and Information Technology.
4. To provide the necessary theoretical inputs in management sciences and professional ethics and practical opportunities to enhance their communication, leadership and other soft skills, so that graduates will be well equipped to perform higher executive functions in their future careers.
Programme Outcomes for B.E (EEE) degree:
The B.E EEE program is assessed on the basis of ten outcomes. Program outcomes (POs) are as follows:
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
2. An ability to identify, formulate and analyze, electrical and electronics engineering problems.
3. An ability to design/develop solutions for complex problems related to electrical and electronics engineering applications.
4. Ability to conduct investigations of complex engineering problems, be a part of novel research, and provide valid conclusions.
5. An ability to use the modern engineering techniques and tools to model complex engineering activities.
6. An ability to apply engineering expertise to approach and assess societal, health, safety issues and environmental needs.
7. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
8. Ability to work individually,and in multidisciplinary teams with the skill to organize and lead.
9. An ability to communicate effectively.
10. A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life - long learning.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering department has been recognised as a nodal research centre of Anna University, Chennai in the year 2008 and faculty members of affliated Anna University, Chennai are pursuing their full time and part time research courses.
Programmes run by the department are,
B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
M.E. Power Electronics and Drives