Academic Year 2018 - 2019
Cadets S.Prasanth, B.Dhivakar, Lokesh Kumar and C.K. Guru Prasad won 1st Prize in Fire Fighting, Cadet Ashok.K won 1st Prize in Will you hire me, Cadet P.Sathish won 2nd Prize in Marine Debugging, Cadets Nandhakumar ArunKumar won 2nd Prize in PST during the Marine Traffic 2019 National level Technical Symposium held on 6th 7th March 2019 at AMET University, Chennai
J.Anuoop and Cadet. K.Ashok won 1st Place in “STREAMARO” Quiz & Powerpoint held by the Society of Hi-tech Marine Engineers at PSN College of Engineering and Technology.
Cadets K.Ashok, B.Dhivakar, and S.Shahul Hameed were the winners of Pipeline Tracing in the National level Technical Symposium held on 5th 2018 at HIMT, Chennai.
- S, Syed Ahamed Hussain has participated in National Level Technical Symposium and won 1st prize in Marine Mechanics held on 22nd March 2018 at AMET University, Chennai.
- K.Cholaraja and Cadet.K.Srinivasan have participated in National Conference on Greener, Safer and Sustainable Shipping and won 1st prize in Marine Quiz held on 15th September 2017 at VELS University, ChennaiCadet.Subash Khan. K has participated National Level Technical Symposium and secured 2ndprize in debugging held on 22nd March 2018at AMET University, Chennai.
- E.Ramkumar, Cadet.G.Prabhushankar, Cadet.M.Senthilnathan and Cadet.Sathieshkumarhave participated National Level Technical Symposium and secured 2nd prize in PST held on 22nd March 2018 at AMET University, Chennai.
- N.Ayyappan, Cadet.Cholaraja and Cadet.K.Srinivasan have participated National Level Technical Symposium and secured 2nd Prize in Marine Quiz heldon 22nd March 2018 at AMET University, Chennai.
- Udayamoorthy has participated in National Level Technical Symposium won 1st prize in Marine Debugging and won 2nd prize in “Will You Hire Me”held on 22nd March 2018 at AMET University, Chennai.
- Cholaraja.Kduring his final year has participated National Conference on Greener, Safer and Sustainable shipping and won 3rd prize in Marine Quiz held on 30th September 2018 at Vels University, Chennai.
- Marine Engineering students of SVCE are appreciated for their hard work in cleaning the Oil Spill at the Ennore Port due to collision of two ships which occurred on 28th January 2017. SVCE students helped to recover about Nine tons of oily sludge from the sea over three days.
- A felicitation programme was organised by the Royal Madras Yacht Club, Chennai on 17th April 2017 at their premises near INS Adayar.
- Honourable Minister of Finance, Tamilnadu, Shri.D.Jayakumar, congratulated and presented a plaque to SVCE appreciating the efforts of students in cleaning the oil spill.
- C.Sylendra Babu, Additional Director General of Police, Coastal Security Group, Tamilnadu and Inspector General, Rajan Bargotra,TM Commander, Coast Guard Region (East) were also present in the programme and conveyed their appreciation to the students for their voluntary involvement during the time of crisis to save the sea environment.
- The Marine Engg. Department was presented with plaque and a certificate of appreciation to all our students and the faculty member Mr.R.Somasundaram and Marine Instructor Mr.K.Sivakumar involved in the oil cleaning and recovery operations. The awards were given by Government of Tamilnadu.
- INAE Award (Indian National Academy of Engineering) A Marine Engineering student project titled as “Study on Mechanical properties of cold metal transfer welding of laser textured A231B Magnesium Alloy joints” has been selected for final presentation now going on at New Delhi in front of INAE selection committee. It is pertinent to mention that though the Marine Engineering branch is not included by the organizers, we applied under the interdisciplinary category voluntarily this time and in our very first attempt, our student project is selected for final presentation being held today. Mr.V.Gurusamy is the guide for the project. The presentation is made by the passing out student Mr.Anand.
- Mr.R.Karthik, Mr.M.Pramukh, Mr.S.Dhivahar and Mr.M.Rayavel during their 2nd year secured 2nd prize for Model presentation in Transtech’15 held from 25th to 28th February 2015 at Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune
- Mr.R.Karthik during his final year secured the 1st prize in Pulse’16 held on 24th Sept. 2016 at our campus.
- Mr.Pradeep Rajadurai and Mr.R.Rabin Singh during their final year secured 1st prize in the National level Technical Symposium quiz competition held on 13th March 2017 at PSN college of Engg.
- Mr.M.Gopinagaraj and Mr.N.Vignesh during their final year have participated and secured 1st prize in the National level Technical fest marine quiz competition held on 28th March 2017 at GKM College, Chennai.
- Mr.M.Gopinagaraj is the winner in the National level Technical fest Marine Mechanics held on 28th March 2017 at GKM College, Chennai.
- Mr.N.Vignesh is the winner in the National level Technical fest for Pipeline Tracing held on 28th March 2017 at GKM College, Chennai.
- Mr.A.Anandh secured 1st Prize in the National level Technical fest Debugging held on 31st March 2017 at AMET University, Chennai.
- Mr.M.Pramukh, Mr.N.Vignesh and Mr.Hariprasanth have secured 2nd prize in the National level Technical fest Marine Mechanics held on 31st March 2017 at AMET University, Chennai.
- Mr.J.Pradeep Rajadurai, Mr.S.Shalam and Mr.V.Arun pravin have secured 1st prize in Students Research Day Project tilted “Acoustic Suppression of Fire” held on 24th March 2017 at our campus.
Cadets S.Deslin Satish & S.Rajasekar won 1st prize in Marine Quiz - 2K18 Quiz Event held on 20th September 2018 at VELS University, Chennai.
Cadets S.Vivekraja & S.H.Deeraj saravan had participated in a Workshop on Team Building and Leadership held on 30th & 1st Oct. 2018 at Pondicherry. This event was sponsored by Maritime Trust of India, funded by GoI
Academic Year 2017 - 2018
Academic Year 2016 - 2017